• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Did that, now I'm getting checksum WRWB, cleared the cache(after one start), and got UJLT(close, but not quite BJLT others are getting), restarted and gor WRWB yet again.

Did you follow the steps where it said install outside of C:\Program Files, and to manually delete all remaining folders/files before a new install? If so, please start a thread in the tech support forum, so we can help you get the correct checksum :)

Anyone else having trouble with magistrates? The moment I use one, the game seems to think I don't have any more, and won't let me do anything that costs a magistrate, even though I have plenty. Got the proper checksum and everything.

Downloaded fine from the start screen after checking for updates, but won't install; says it doesn't have permission to delete a file. OS is Windows 7, and I've got Chronicles that I downloaded from Amazon.

Did you follow the steps where it said install outside of C:\Program Files, and to manually delete all remaining folders/files before a new install? If so, please start a thread in the tech support forum, so we can help you get the correct checksum :)

Trying a fresh install again, I think I may have done IN before NA or something silly. If it continues I'll make a thread in tech support.

Downloaded fine from the start screen after checking for updates, but won't install; says it doesn't have permission to delete a file. OS is Windows 7, and I've got Chronicles that I downloaded from Amazon.

I had this problem too. You have to close the launcher window after the update is downloaded and ready to install. As soon as it asks you if you want to install in English.

Fresh Steam install after deleting all the folders, and copied the game folder to the desktop. Applied the patch to that and it's working fine, until steam gets with the program and updates.

Fresh Steam install after deleting all the folders, and copied the game folder to the desktop. Applied the patch to that and it's working fine, until steam gets with the program and updates.

Not working for me. 'Could not find "Divine wind" installed'

Gah, I hope Steam + Paradox works for once :D Victoria 2 is still 1.2 on Steam...

When it says that it couldn't find the Divine Wind install, just point it towards the folder where it's located? That's what I did at least, and it's incredibly easy to do. It initially pointed towards a folder that I didn't want it to install in (one of the many mods or whatnot I have installed) I just changed it to the regular folder and didn't have any problems with it whatsoever.

When it says that it couldn't find the Divine Wind install, just point it towards the folder where it's located? That's what I did at least, and it's incredibly easy to do. It initially pointed towards a folder that I didn't want it to install in (one of the many mods or whatnot I have installed) I just changed it to the regular folder and didn't have any problems with it whatsoever.

Only option I'm given is choice of installation language. Instantly afterwards the error pops up.

Like I said, copy the game folder from a fresh install (make sure you delete the entire game directory folder after uninstalling) and paste it on the desktop.

Apply the patch to the desktop version by changing the install path. Working fine, checksum TILT.

Everyone should be completely used to Steam taking their time to get around to updates.

Only option I'm given is choice of installation language. Instantly afterwards the error pops up.

Well then this seems like a huge oversight from Paradox. I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to install a patch because the install simply can't find a directory, god knows there can be problems with windows directories and whatnot...

Thanks for the work. Good stuff overall. Still the best grand strategy game on the market.

Not being able to select armies or get any info about their movement path and numbers when zoomed out is my biggest complaint about this patch. Mainly because being zoomed in close to the map causes a very noticeable decrease in performance. Also, the trade map mode seems unusually laggy. And splitting fleets in half gives the new fleet an army name. The price of fur seems to be rather low as compared to previous versions.

Doesn't show up in the Launcher. I have a physical copy of Chronicles, which is, by default, 5.0. Unmodified game, correct OJDM checksum.

Had to use direct link, which I find unfortunate. Why does Chronicles have so many issues? Agh...

Is Paradox Connect lagginess fixed at all in this version? My game lags to a complete crawl when logged in consistently around 1500 (one day is seven seconds), but soars when I log out at that point from PC. I don't have the giant save-game bug, and my PC is far more than capable of handling this game. Most months last only two seconds.

The launcher worked for me. You clicked on "Check for updates" and it said ... what?