• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Steam didn't applied their DRM on the exe files. Thats why there is no different checksum. They released the unaltered one to one patch 5.1.
If you had downloaded and installed the patch from the Paradox forums weeks ago you would have now the exact same files.

Don't know if these have been mentioned, but I have a couple of problems since the patch. Firstly, this game needs a supported windowed-mode even more now, since tabbing out and back in again now crashes my game. Meaning I have to play full-screen and if I want to pop in to windows, I have to save/quit then reload. It didn't crash before the patch though.

Secondly, the revolt-risk map now shows the revolt-risk in sea areas, so they all show up in bright green. Kinda messy :p

Don't know if these have been mentioned, but I have a couple of problems since the patch. Firstly, this game needs a supported windowed-mode even more now, since tabbing out and back in again now crashes my game. Meaning I have to play full-screen and if I want to pop in to windows, I have to save/quit then reload. It didn't crash before the patch though.

Secondly, the revolt-risk map now shows the revolt-risk in sea areas, so they all show up in bright green. Kinda messy :p

Agreed on the first point. I listen to my own music while playing(because let's face it, the soundtrack is good, but for the length of the game it's too short haha), and if I don't want to listen to whatever track comes on it's annoying to have to gamble with tabbing out. It's not really worth the risk for something that small.

More stability for tabbing out; or an optional windowed mode would be nice.

I have to ask but if you have checksum that is different from what is posted in official thread, what would that indicate? For some reason, I'm getting MGPB instead of BJLT as posted. I brought EU3 Chronicles from Steam and I noticed checksum on my 5.0 was different from the checksum posted for that version as well, although I don't recall what checksum was shown on my 5.0.

EDIT: I should also mention that I got the correct checksum when playing without mod but got incorrect checksum when playing with my mod I already had. In both cases, I already cleared the map cache, open EU3 and then exit and then restart as instructed in another thread on tech support forum. So it seems that clearing map cache doesn't help at all with mod. I'm not clear on what checksum does, though. I assume it's way of checking whether the game is working properly or something?

Last edited:
Hi, new here. I just installed 5.1 patch but I am getting an odd bug here. It seems that when I attempted to colonize nearest province in North America, specifically, the province of Beothuk, it said colonist would reach it by June/May 2282. I was already aware of cache as one possible source of this so already cleared that but still having this problem. Any ideas? Also, never had this issue prior to 5.1 patch.

EDIT: same situation with colonizing Sierra Leone. It's telling me colonist will reach it by 2208. It seems all colonizable provinces shows at least 100,000 days for colonists to reach it now. I may need to uninstall this patch if this persists...

Okay, some updates. I've chosen to try resolving those oddities myself before going ahead with posting a thread about this on Tech Support board as final resort and good news is that I've finally gotten 'em resolved. It seems the mod I had which was carried over from 5.0 was bad or something. I created a new mod that's identically similar in most respects and now no longer get this strange colonial distance bug. I'm not sure what was wrong with my old mod but I guess I'll content myself with playing on new mod. I should also mention that not only I had colonial distance issues on that old mod, I also had many random centers of trade popping up over all at same time at the start of game and continually popping up more afterwards on that old mod. Such issue also disappears on new mod. It was working fine without those two issues on 5.0 with old mod, though, so it's very baffling.

Any mod that touches common\defines.txt has to be updated to work with 5.1, because Paradox added some extra entries to the file.

I have to ask but if you have checksum that is different from what is posted in official thread, what would that indicate? For some reason, I'm getting MGPB instead of BJLT as posted. I brought EU3 Chronicles from Steam and I noticed checksum on my 5.0 was different from the checksum posted for that version as well, although I don't recall what checksum was shown on my 5.0.

EDIT: I should also mention that I got the correct checksum when playing without mod but got incorrect checksum when playing with my mod I already had. In both cases, I already cleared the map cache, open EU3 and then exit and then restart as instructed in another thread on tech support forum. So it seems that clearing map cache doesn't help at all with mod. I'm not clear on what checksum does, though. I assume it's way of checking whether the game is working properly or something?
A mod will almost always change the checksum, to prevent you even trying to play MP against someone with a different version.

Any one know if the crusade or excommunication rules have changed in this patch? Im playing as Sicily, its 1500 and the papal controller still cant call for a crusade or excommunicate anyone. Also i dont have any holy war casus belli which i thought i normally would by this stage.

Any one know if the crusade or excommunication rules have changed in this patch? Im playing as Sicily, its 1500 and the papal controller still cant call for a crusade or excommunicate anyone.
Those options work fine for me in 1500 (though finding someone eligible to be excommunicated is usually a pain in the neck). Are you sure you're still papal controller?

Also i dont have any holy war casus belli which i thought i normally would by this stage.
You only get holy war CB if you're an Empire, Defender of the Faith, or next door to heathens.

Thanks grommile that explains the holy war. However with the crusade its 1507 and there hasnt been 1 crusade called yet. Currently Castille is papal controller. I logged on as Castille just to check and the option to call a crusade or excommunicate some one is not there. I just finished a campaign earlier before the patch and didnt have this problem then.

Extracted file

I need the extracted files to manually install the patch for some reason, could someone upload it so I can download it on the website, I dont want to download at a random site.

thx

i agree, aldow i dont have the problem at the moment since i am using steam
but it would be kind of handy for me to be able to open my music player and acces it easely during play