• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hmm... I tried to dow Cyprus and saw the usual allies, guarantees etc. list.
The last one was surprising: "xx is defender of catholic faith" - Cyprus is Orthodox.
Other orthodox countries in the Mediterranean displayed defender of orthodox faith as usual.

I'm not sure if also this is working as intended: I tried to negotiate peace with Serbia.
Vassalizing was worth 36 value and 10 prestige. Ok... but
add 25 ducats to demand the value jumped through the roof. 286 value and 60 prestige !!!

Mouseover was fine.

Checksum: ZJLT

That's an odd one - are you sure cyprus was orthodox, and not catholic with just an orthodox province?

As for vassalising serbia, I don't know what happened there, but perhaps they had virtually no money, and thus 25 ducats was an unreasonable demand.

Steam have the update, but Paradox have no idea of Steam's release intentions or schedule. You need to ask Steam.

This is some really bad customer service right here. Are you actually paid by Paradox? You tell Paradox customers to ask Steam to release a patch? It sounds more like something Paradox needs to workout with Steam rather than making your customers deal with it. Like has been said a thousand times before, what other games have these patch delay problems? I have a lot of games on Steam and no other games have had this problem.

That's an odd one - are you sure cyprus was orthodox, and not catholic with just an orthodox province?

As for vassalising serbia, I don't know what happened there, but perhaps they had virtually no money, and thus 25 ducats was an unreasonable demand.

Ok... it seems that in Grand Campaign start Cyprus is a Catholic OPM suffering from wrong religion province/capital.
So probably no fault there. Working as intended.

25 ducat problem was the same with Byzantium. I made peace with both them almost the same time. The next country, a bigger catholic one did not suffer from 25 ducat craziness.

My updater won't move beyond one of the beta patches (XENX) I was wondering if I could do something to remedy this? Or if anyone has any thoughts / suggestions.

EDIT:

Yeah - I got it. Had to do a direct dl through the Paradox website. Launcher wouldn't do it for some reason. ???

Last edited:
My updater won't move beyond one of the beta patches (XENX) I was wondering if I could do something to remedy this? Or if anyone has any thoughts / suggestions.
Is this a Steam or non-Steam version? What does the launcher say exactly? Does it not see 5.1 as available, do you get an error while updating, or does it still seem to be running a previous patch after an apparently successful install? In any case, XENX is not a valid checksum for any patch AFAIK so I would not install the patch without reinstalling the game anyway.

I tried copying my EU folder to the desktop, and updated it manually from there, and now always I try to enter the game through the desktop folder, it appears some weird "steam error: application load error 5:0000065434"

wtf

Yep I also tested installing the update right over the Steam install.... Works perfectly and has the correct checksum.

I tried copying my EU folder to the desktop, and updated it manually from there, and now always I try to enter the game through the desktop folder, it appears some weird "steam error: application load error 5:0000065434"
That means you are trying to run the Steam 5.0 eu3game.exe from outside the Steam folder. IOW 5.1 has not overwritten the Steam 5.0 files.

Yep I also tested installing the update right over the Steam install.... Works perfectly and has the correct checksum.

Same as I. I made a copy of the folder before, than I applied patch 5.1 and moved the folder to a new place. Then I moved the backup with DW 5.0 to the Steam folder, in case Steam should ever update to 5.1.

But all this was discussed in the first pages of this thread 2 weeks ago, but you know how it is.
Nobody use the search function on the forums. Everyone's problems are always unique and people are interested to hear about them. ;)

Is it just my game, or is the -15% for non-core CoT penalty gone? It's in the static_modifiers file, but if it's there, it's not showing up in the tooltips.
*edit*
Also I'd swear it looks like the Importation Act penalty is applying even though I never passed that law.
*edit2*
After playing a bit more, the penalties seem to have reappeared/disappeared to what should be their proper states. The main difference that comes to mind, I'd recently reached 0 Infamy when I checked before, and just finished a war where I gained 7 Infamy when I checked again.

Last edited:
Installing the patch on top of the Steam version manually does work, it retains older achievements and new achievements can also be gained, which means the thing is online now.
Thanks to Paradox team for making a brilliant game like this. I haven't played vanilla game for a while because the older and beta patches to DW were far from perfect. However, now I can enjoy a much better game even though mods such as MEIOU also offer a heap of extra content and improvements.