• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Here is the direct link to the patch for us folks who are having launcher issues. Register your game first or else it won't let you view the thread or download it. I won't say anything but look at my signature. ;) Not that I'm accusing you of anything, ha.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?392267-All-EU3-PATCHES-and-REFERENCE-EU3-checksums-and-datestamps&p=11902377&viewfull=1#post11902377

That's a completely unfair assumption, I paid for the game just like everyone else. Only problem is I can't find the box for my EU3 disks, and it appears registering those disks is what is needed to access that forum that you linked to. I haven't had problems downloading patches from the launcher in the past, I would just like to know why the launcher update isn't working for this patch, and if it ever will work.

no one will gift you a new key to your house if you manage to lose your old one. you have to find him or you have to organize a new one. theres nothing unfair about it to be honest.

beside that: the launcher update IS working for this patch, its a problem specific to you and your installation of eu3. and for not having registered your games, no one on this forum can try to help you. it would help to know if and what addons you purchased, for example. ;)

beside that: the launcher update IS working for this patch, its a problem specific to you and your installation of eu3. and for not having registered your games, no one on this forum can try to help you. it would help to know if and what addons you purchased, for example. ;)

No, it's not specific to me, as others in this thread have the same problem. Their solution was to get the patch from the "special" subforum, but that cannot be my solution for I cannot access it unless I buy a whole new set of disks... I have no "addons" or anything, just regular Divine Wind 5.0. Just wondering if the launcher update will work anytime soon or if there are any workarounds or anything..

I'm getting an error after running the installer.

It tries to replace EU3.exe but gives me the following:

DeleteFailed: Code 5
Access is Denied,
And then it gives me the old Abort Retry Ignore options.

What gives?

This. No saving/reloading etc. Full on straight play through nonstop. The truce didn't expire, ever. It's currently 1550ish and we're still at peace. The same bug has existed as long as the new horde system has been in place, and is *very* easily reproducible. I've even had it occur on four separate windows installs, on two separate computers, so it's not an isolated incident. This is with a clean install of the latest beta.

<image>

Bug report is here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...r-fails-to-fire-for-personal-union-and-vassal
Dunno if it's fixed in 5.1 final or not.

Access is Denied,

What gives?

Operating system? I had that, gave it a restart and it worked.

Thanks for the update!

So when Steam updates, will we get a new checksum or will it still be the checksum posted earlier?

Access is Denied,

What gives?
You didn't close the Launcher before trying to apply the update. Windows cannot overwrite a file in use.
Thanks for the update!

So when Steam updates, will we get a new checksum or will it still be the checksum posted earlier?
We don't know, but on previous form Steam's checksum will be different.

I have quite a number of steam games and have not had problems with anything but this. I wouldn't make broad generalizations about Steam based on this experience. I don't know what the issue is. I purchased this game with Steam but I expect the same level of support that other mediums get.

Steam have not released the patch yet. Paradox have no knowledge or control over Steam's scheduling of this; sometimes they've been quick and other times it's taken them weeks. If you all go pester Steam I'd imagine this will hurry things along a bit.

Steam have not released the patch yet. Paradox have no knowledge or control over Steam's scheduling of this; sometimes they've been quick and other times it's taken them weeks. If you all go pester Steam I'd imagine this will hurry things along a bit.

They refer me back to you folks. So what am I to do in this situation exactly?

From the Steam forums under the issues with the patch someone posted this:

"If you browse to your EU3 directory within steam, in my case it's:

C:\Steam\steamapps\common\europa universalis iii - complete

Run the eu3.exe launcher and click check for updates, you can download the patch there and it applies fine, been playing for a bit without any problems, although you *may* need to tell steam to never update EU3's game files, not sure. "

If someone has a non updated copy of the game try this and let me know if it solves the problem.

Pester them. They have the patch, so you must pester them to get it. ;)

I downloaded the patch from the forums for my steam version and it worked fine, don't know why but I'm not complaining.

I applied the patch from the link provided and unless there are multiple different patches it should be the same one. THe game runs but I cannot connect to Paradox. Which by my accounting of reality puts this issue on Paradox end :-/

Steam often take a little longer to put the patches out than those who are using hardcopy/gamersgate download versions of the game. Since you can only (directly) patch Steam copies through their downloader, it follows that if they haven't put the patch out, taking it up with Paradox won't help. You would need to speak to Steam.

There does seem to be a perpetual issue with this, and it (possibly) resulting in a different checksum.

The Paradox connect issue is, I would imagine partially due to it being the weekend. I would expect it to come up as ready during the coming week.