• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Anyone know how long it took Steam to implement the 5.0 (and previous) patches? It's now been more than a week and still no 5.1 on Steam, and since it's getting into the evening on Friday, I suppose we'll have to wait until sometime next week to see it.

I did what some others said and created a copy of my EU3 Steam folder, and applied the patch to that, but for some reason my auto-saves are being quirky. It's set to save every month, and sometimes it does. However, as of right now I have one correct auto save, one auto save that's 3 game-years old, and a third one that never got created.

PS
It sure does seem like the Golden Horde is overpowered now, they've gobbled up a significant portion of Lithuania, basically bankrupted me (Muscovy), and vassalized Smolensk, Pskov, and the other one or two nations that Lithuania had to release.

Anyone know how long it took Steam to implement the 5.0 (and previous) patches? It's now been more than a week and still no 5.1 on Steam, and since it's getting into the evening on Friday, I suppose we'll have to wait until sometime next week to see it.

I did what some others said and created a copy of my EU3 Steam folder, and applied the patch to that, but for some reason my auto-saves are being quirky. It's set to save every month, and sometimes it does. However, as of right now I have one correct auto save, one auto save that's 3 game-years old, and a third one that never got created.

Apparently as a consumer of Paradox games, you need to take up this issue with Steam as Paradox has nothing to do with Steam versions of their games. You need to workout a deal or contract between yourself and most likely Gabe Newell.

If you owned any other games on Steam, you would already be familiar with this arrangement as all other games are like this as well. For example, Paradox games on Steam require customer patch hostage negotiations to obtain the latest patches. Another set of games you may have heard about also have this issue, they are games from Paradox, and a blood oath to Steam is required to obtain recent patches.

As you can see, many different games on Steam have this problem, so please stop taking up space on this forum with complaints about Steam patching policy as it has absolutely nothing to do with Paradox.

Truly sad that the connect issue has been seen so many places. I had thought this was the only one, being obviously [erroneously] related to the patch, but Paradox has failed miserably on a massive level.

Many important ideas were phrased though the links such is how no one cared about the DW features, such as achievements, before they were posed and promised by the developers. Everyone including myself was more than happy with Heir to the Throne. When Paradox released "Complete" and continued on making expansions in seemingly complete ignorance that the the game was supposed to be over, seeing Heir was a delight. But Paradox was an ant and wanted to be a titan, tranced by grandiose schemes of implementing Microsoft achievements through their games, and it broke their finest work.

Paradox has dragged their fans over hill and dale so that they might be despised. I'm not exactly sure why they would do this. More than ever, I wish I'd never paid money for this trash and treatment when I earnestly asked for support on the most basic, simplistic levels. Paradox even has trouble stepping up to the plate to acknowledge that they know there is a problem. Instead, they take a vacation. When they do appear, they are just as likely to say their product is working as designed as they are to ignore troubled posters who really hope for a fix to their problems.

Lessons are learned every day.

Well at least Frederick has acknowledged the problem and doesn't have the attitude that we are to blame, which is refreshing to hear. I think he may be giving out some spankings when people get back from vacation. I just wish I could mod out the horde mechanics and still utilize connect.

Well, I'm sure that the vacation that some of the staff have gone on is something that was booked previously, and was not a deliberate decision to release the patch and then (as you seem to think it) abandon the office.

The achievements have not broken the game, they are something that as soon as the server becomes active will be available. The game still plays perfectly fine without them. I have to say that they aren't my favourite part of DW, but they at least give me some inspiration for game ideas.
I don't know what problem you are referring to when you say that you "asked for support on the most basic, simplistic levels", but having worked in IT "basic, simple" problems very rarely are either basic or simple.

Truly sad that the connect issue has been seen so many places. I had thought this was the only one, being obviously [erroneously] related to the patch, but Paradox has failed miserably on a massive level.

Many important ideas were phrased though the links such is how no one cared about the DW features, such as achievements, before they were posed and promised by the developers. Everyone including myself was more than happy with Heir to the Throne. When Paradox released "Complete" and continued on making expansions in seemingly complete ignorance that the the game was supposed to be over, seeing Heir was a delight. But Paradox was an ant and wanted to be a titan, tranced by grandiose schemes of implementing Microsoft achievements through their games, and it broke their finest work.

Paradox has dragged their fans over hill and dale so that they might be despised. I'm not exactly sure why they would do this. More than ever, I wish I'd never paid money for this trash and treatment when I earnestly asked for support on the most basic, simplistic levels. Paradox even has trouble stepping up to the plate to acknowledge that they know there is a problem. Instead, they take a vacation. When they do appear, they are just as likely to say their product is working as designed as they are to ignore troubled posters who really hope for a fix to their problems.

Lessons are learned every day.

The game is not broken at all...so why the tirade? A feature of the game is not working, it happens everywhere particullarly when a new patch comes out.

What I get from this is that it's not finished. We need a 5.2.

Of course, since I already believed that, I may be reading my own views into others' posts. Nevertheless, the interface and connections problems are hard to reconcile with a finished version.

Achievement issues can be waited for and most likely will be fixed, for me though it's the waiting for Steam to update that's killing me.
Dont feel like starting or continuing any games knowing that steam will throw the patch up soonTM and for all I know i'll just have to start again on my campaign.

Admittedly, the achievements are some cause for not playing, but just like other games I love, achievements are only secondary, and to this case, I simply want steam to update.

What I get from this is that it's not finished. We need a 5.2.

Of course, since I already believed that, I may be reading my own views into others' posts. Nevertheless, the interface and connections problems are hard to reconcile with a finished version.

The connect issue is not an issue with the patch, it is an issue with the connect server not recognizing the code from the game. We do not need 5.2 to fix this.

The connect issue is not an issue with the patch, it is an issue with the connect server not recognizing the code from the game. We do not need 5.2 to fix this.

He isn't just talking about the connect issue. The game needs further patching. There are still a lot of bugs.

Achievement issues can be waited for and most likely will be fixed, for me though it's the waiting for Steam to update that's killing me.
Dont feel like starting or continuing any games knowing that steam will throw the patch up soonTM and for all I know i'll just have to start again on my campaign.

Admittedly, the achievements are some cause for not playing, but just like other games I love, achievements are only secondary, and to this case, I simply want steam to update.

Same, I have no desire to Poland into spacing, but I do feel a sense of ire when professionals fail to live up to the term professionals.

Same, I have no desire to Poland into spacing, but I do feel a sense of ire when professionals fail to live up to the term professionals.

This is what I'm talking about. It is about professionalism. It has been a long time in coming. As far as my own issues I hinted act, I promised Ms. Kallocain that I wouldn't bring it up any more, but the truth is I had an issue that was pretty basic and it took her several months before she fixed the problem. It should have been over night, like the whole fixing of the PC issue, but no, it was not to be. I am glad that so many people are satisfied merely looking for the good, there is no harm in that. I just regret my own position. I wish they wouldn't do this to us after we gave our money in good faith. They said they were just about ready for 5.1 in March. Did I just lose 4 months of my life, or what? If you buy a game for achievements, considering Heir was pretty near perfect and you can't use them through 8 months of betas, then, yes, I would call that broken.

Last edited:
The game is not broken at all...so why the tirade? A feature of the game is not working, it happens everywhere particullarly when a new patch comes out.

For people like me it is broken at the moment.

I played two month or more on the "Jihad"-Achivement. And now i can not play since the patch is released (no connect = no achievements).

Moreover i have to fear that my savegames will no more work for the achievements.

Be happy that you dont have this problems, but for others the situation is very frustrating.

Well, I'm sure that the vacation that some of the staff have gone on is something that was booked previously, and was not a deliberate decision to release the patch and then (as you seem to think it) abandon the office.
It was still their choice to make 5.1 official, could of just left it in beta. At least that way the 5.0 people would still have Paradox Connect. None of us currently have anything.

Between this, the Steam forum key nonsense which stopped me from getting a beta patch for awhile (because apparently pirates will pirate the game then purchase the DLC in someone's mind) and everything else, I'm fast losing patience with all of it.

It was still their choice to make 5.1 official, could of just left it in beta. At least that way the 5.0 people would still have Paradox Connect. None of us currently have anything.

Between this, the Steam forum key nonsense which stopped me from getting a beta patch for awhile (because apparently pirates will pirate the game then purchase the DLC in someone's mind) and everything else, I'm fast losing patience with all of it.

There are still issues with the game , as the auto white peace with hordes if war leader don't border the horde ... kinda funny as HRE , you will gain imperial authority from this

Didn't 5.1 raise the cost of founding COTs to 800 ducats? I made a copy of my steam folder and applied the patch to that, but I'm still showing a cost of 500 to found one (though the new map modes are in, and the main menu screen shows 5.1 and a different cheksum from my 5.0 in steam).

Since patch i have oos in mp and now have the old intel blue screen issue

Didn't 5.1 raise the cost of founding COTs to 800 ducats? I made a copy of my steam folder and applied the patch to that, but I'm still showing a cost of 500 to found one (though the new map modes are in, and the main menu screen shows 5.1 and a different cheksum from my 5.0 in steam).
No, IIRC it just changed the size a CoT needs to be in order for you to create a new one (>800), the size at at which CoTs can be destroyed (<500), and the number of provinces per CoT (to 40, which results in only one new one being spawned at game start, instead of the previous 4 or 5).