• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry, but DW 5.1 works properly and is stable, as did the last betas. Only minor bugs are reported, according to the threads of the dedicated Bug Reports forum.
You can play without problem SP games, without Achievements enabled.
I don't mean you haven't problem,of course, but they have nothing to do with DW 5.1 itself, only with the other softwares behind Paradox Connect (still in beta), and the Metaserver.
You wont have to wait for an eventuel 5.2 ;)

Ahem, I didn't complain about 5.1 (actually, I didn't even play it yet). I only joked if reenabling Connect would be part of 5.2, as it takes them so long.
I even said that and added a smiley. Are really more hints necessary?

Still no patch from Steam yet, and I had a strange occurrence after creating a copy of my install and trying to add the patch manually. The first game I started, I clicked a few different nations and start dates, before beginning a 1399 grand campaign as Muscovy. In the beginning of that game, I started with 5 regiments and was at peace with the Golden Horde. After goofing around and getting into a major war with Novgorod and having Smolensk emerge with my westernmost province (which I wasn't able to take back from rebels because of the 15+ regiments of Novgorod mercenaries), I decided to start over. When starting the second time, I only clicked on the 1399 start date, and selected Muscovy - no in between clicking on other nations or years - when the game began, I had 10 regiments and was at war with the Golden Horde (just like in 5.0, but I had all the new map-view options, so I didn't accidentally run my Steam install).
Doing a lot of clicking of countries and start dates before starting a game has always caused some strangeness in EU3 (and sometimes crashes).

Doing a lot of clicking of countries and start dates before starting a game has always caused some strangeness in EU3 (and sometimes crashes).
After playing around with it some, it appears that changing the year to anything other than 1399, and then changing it back again, cancels many of the hordes' wars. This happened on both of my installs (the manually installed 5.1 patch as well as Steam's still-not-updated-5.0). All but 3 Timurid wars were canceled, and the Golden Horde seemed to have either all wars ended, or all except for Georgia. I'm assuming the same date-changing issue is what affected my army size.

After playing around with it some, it appears that changing the year to anything other than 1399, and then changing it back again, cancels many of the hordes' wars. This happened on both of my installs (the manually installed 5.1 patch as well as Steam's still-not-updated-5.0). All but 3 Timurid wars were canceled, and the Golden Horde seemed to have either all wars ended, or all except for Georgia. I'm assuming the same date-changing issue is what affected my army size.

Yep, sounds about right. It's unfortunate that doing so is flaky, but it's been an issue for as long as I can recall.

I can only repeat: Much of Paradox are on leave at the moment, including Johan and Kallocain. Continue to report issues like PC not working at http://paradox.zendesk.com/home . Posting here does nothing.

And the only way to speed Steam up is to bother them, Paradox have no influence over their patch release schedule at all once the code is passed over.

I can only repeat: Much of Paradox are on leave at the moment, including Johan and Kallocain. Continue to report issues like PC not working at http://paradox.zendesk.com/home . Posting here does nothing.

And the only way to speed Steam up is to bother them, Paradox have no influence over their patch release schedule at all once the code is passed over.

I didn't even know that site existed. :eek:

@Savok

Very tactful given that Paradox is one of the few companies who listens to their gamers and continues supporting their games much longer than expected

I don't know did anyone ever mentioned before, it happened more than once against different countries in the game. This is my mission:

YBXoV.jpg

and this is the DoW screen:

hEHkl.jpg

Is it a bug?

if "after a year or more" means "after a decade", then that would explain things; these subjugation CBs only last for a decade (last I checked)

So after half releasing a patch that for some reason took 8 months to do, they've all gone on holiday? I see.... and how long will this holiday last?

I think it's pretty fair to go on vacation when you've FINISHED the patch, isn't that better than going before patch release and let us wait several weeks longer? Also, bear in mind that here in Sweden we have five weeks of paid vacation according to law.

@Savok

Very tactful given that Paradox is one of the few companies who listens to their gamers and continues supporting their games much longer than expected

These things that they are doing are unreasonable. Not only did they release a patch that we have been waiting 8 months that remains incomplete, they crippled the connect for people that struggled with 5.0 DW to try to get achievements, some of which may as well have been impossible.

It is often said that Paradox listens to their gamers. Well who exactly told them to make Japan unconquerable in the first place, make Ming and the hordes decidedly unfun, and make the rest of the world mod focus on those who may as well been nothing during the time frame featured throughout the game. I'd really love to meet these people. Tack on the part about how all these features are working as designed and you have a recipe for paying customers that are through listening to the tired hype and old arguments that Paradox is better than other companies.

Now, let's talk about firsts. Paradox is the only company I have every had to jump through hoops to play their games. Never once have I had to clear a map cache for any of The Creative Assembly's products, install retired direct X versions, or beg 8 months to use the advertised features of the game I purchased on release. Truth be told, I was elated to hear that they had finally released the 5.1 patch, but seeing as there is no way to use the connect, it is wrong that my old 5.0 attempts were erased overnight, and I don't even have the ability to try again with 5.1. The whole premise behind me going to beg Steam to fix Paradox update issues is ludicrous, but it is thrown out as the order of the day. Why is this? It has been repeatedly said that no other company has so many issues getting their patches out. Paradox Connect should have been working the very first night. It leaves us wishing that 5.1 had not been released in the first place. It IS basically a BETA PATCH.

Whereas before I was admittedly a fanboy, I am exhausted seeing that Paradox just can't get it right. It is not my fault their team is small, or their computers are broken. It is not my problem that they can't flip a switch to allow the current checksum to work with Connect. And don't take it out on me. You already have deposited my money.

am i understanding this correctly that people who completed achievements under 5.0 have had them all scrubbed with the new patch?

if thats true then the whole paradox connect thing is a farce, why did they even bother? can you imagine the uproar if something similar happened on xbox live or steam.