• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So some guys from CORE with you included are actually working with AoD devs to make a new product. This explains slow development on core mod!
No, the 'slow' development of CORE is a result of the meticulous testing those guys do over there. I haven't been involved in it for a while now, but every time I check there's someone testing one function or another, and fine-tuning one element after another. As Hagar says, they're not a commercial group so they don't feel the need to get things out in a hurry, just the need to get things right.

You'll be amazed by how balanced and 'smooth' the mod is when it arrives.

No, the 'slow' development of CORE is a result of the meticulous testing those guys do over there. I haven't been involved in it for a while now, but every time I check there's someone testing one function or another, and fine-tuning one element after another. As Hagar says, they're not a commercial group so they don't feel the need to get things out in a hurry, just the need to get things right.

You'll be amazed by how balanced and 'smooth' the mod is when it arrives.
Well put, Epa... And there's more going on than meets the eye, based from 'just' the forums. A lot of time is spent on balancing alone, and matching each country's actual performance compared to historical data, AI or not. Quite an intricate business...
And certainly not all of us are juggling between two projects at this moment, so overall that will do little harm to CORE itself (and progress regarding CORE). As my personal involvement, well the graphics department is a pretty 'loose area' in terms of actual mod progress these days, so it will do little to set us back planning wise should there be a lack of progress. But I think the Travel Guide in itself proves we're still making some, even though I do have to balance my time.

That's what I alwaysed loved about CORE. It's not the hardest nor most advanced nor most innovative, but it's damn serious, proffesional and quality and I've always felt it was more of an improved game rather than a mod.

The current situation is that CORE 0.50.32 is release candidate RC1.
RC 2 is in the works, mainly containing all the fixes that Denniss posted here, too, based on his work with the Validator. Most of this will not be noticable in gameplay, but will make the lives of Devs easier and may prevent a few crashes.

Others can answer with more authority, but at the moment nobody is really working on CORE for HOI3 as far as I know.

I think the CORE-team should forget about a version for HoI3. It's gonna be alot of work and who knows how good it'll be. There are several very good mods out, but they can only do so much. I would rather that you focused on Darkest Hour/IC. And save up energy for an eventual number 4 :) That's my opinion at least.

I would agree with you except for two things - the decisions from DH and the map from DH. AoD > DH in all other areas I think, at least with CORE.

On another note, are there any CORE developers focusing on HOI3 or is it a lost cause?
A 'lost cause' is far too definitive, but as Tegetthoff states, it's hardly a priority at this moment. We rather focus at improving what we've got, rather than meddle with a game that still doesn't really deliver what we would like to see as a base.

Ok guys, to keep you posted:

We wanted to give you a Release Candidate this week (0.50.34 / RC3). Since there has been some positive development on the German submarine AI front yesterday, we´ll hold this till the weekend. RC4 should be a more satisfying experience.

Cheers,

T.