• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Industrial Goods is a raw material for Consumer Goods and Military Goods. If you lower your production on those two commodities, you will have less consumer demand. If your importing Petro but its not enough to keep up with demand, it will effect your Industrial and Military Goods production as well as effect Power-Petrol facilities.

You can also use your price control slider to reduce demand on CG, this will reduce demand on IG.

Industrial Goods is a raw material for Consumer Goods and Military Goods. If you lower your production on those two commodities, you will have less consumer demand. If your importing Petro but its not enough to keep up with demand, it will effect your Industrial and Military Goods production as well as effect Power-Petrol facilities.

You can also use your price control slider to reduce demand on CG, this will reduce demand on IG.

i am currently importing enough oil to keep up with production, what im wondering is if there is a trick to getting the industry goods factories to produce more (i have surplus of everything required to produce industry goods) is it location of the factories themselves? (placing factories in cities vs placing them in industrial complexes near cities) also what is the difference between the buildings in the industrial build tab vs the urban build tab?

I've also ran into this lack of industrial goods. Little by little I'm building industrial goods factory and getting over this issue. The problem is, in my game as Brazil, I have more than enough electric power too feed my industry (producing more than double the demmand) and my industrial goods manufacturers are not receiving enough energy to keep production at 100%. In the production window, electric power requeriment is in red. Does anyone knows what the problem might be?

You probally lack a raw material for your Power facilities. They will require either Coal, Petro, or Uranium. Look on the fuel gauge icon, what your lacking will be red.

Power-Hydro and Power-Other dont need a raw material.

You probally lack a raw material for your Power facilities. They will require either Coal, Petro, or Uranium. Look on the fuel gauge icon, what your lacking will be red.

Power-Hydro and Power-Other dont need a raw material.

I've looked into that too. My eletric power production is at full capacity, no unmet requiriments.

MKQj7.jpg
96s0i.jpg
8JzzE.jpg

y5hXu.jpg

Sorry if this is OT. Will open a new thread if needed.

Thanks for providing the screenshots.

In those screenshots it looks as though your showing annual figures. Its kind of hard to narrow down the problem unless your showing daily totals because the numbers will fluctuate quite a bit on the yearly totals. Im pretty sure yearly totals are more of an estimation based on several previous days.

If you wouldnt mind, switch to daily figures and post the screens again. You might also try running it to next day on daily and see what the numbers show, you might spot the problem.

I think I solved the problem. I locked the electric power from minister control and lower its domestic sale price (it was a lot higher than the market price). That solved it, the industrial goods manufacturers are now receiving all the electric power they need (the industry needs to buy their required raw materials, or is it given to them freely?).

OK, first game, as S. Africa and I got hit hard by the IG shortage. After a year of waiting for the minister to do something, and watching the prices go higher, I had a look at what I could do to produce the IG myself. Well, you need IG to make any factories, so they had to be imported. Also, Consumer Goods and Military Goods both use IG, so they had to be minimized, and locked so the minister wouldn't change it back. Thankfuly, SA already produces everything it needs for IG besides petroleum, so it was a matter of building an oil field and waiting for the trickle of overpriced imported IG to be enough to complete the project. Then it was a matter of building micro IG factories, since the bigger ones would take forever, and the small ones bring returns much sooner. It's 1954 and the problem is worse than ever, I'd still be mired rather than recovering if I'd let the minister handle it. That said, I think the lack of consumer goods is hurting approval. I also found that building roads uses IG, you can't see the progress on them nor cancel construction, which sucks.

IMHO IG are the most important resource in the game, as you need them to build economic stuffs.
Notso pro-tip: Consumer goods factorys use IG, so if youre short on IG just close the Consumer goods for a while and use the Ig for building.

If you dont have any, IE youre a very poor undeveloped nation, build one. Even if its just 1 micro. It may save your economy some day.

No one wants to buy industrial goods. And, you do. There is no global demand. What are the components of industrial goods, are not around to use for the industrial goods industry. This is the bane of the industrial state and system, all over the world.

You really have to take your time when building up your economy. As Spain, while they aren't very developed, I was able to support building one or two constructions at time (Also made a lot of cash from fresh water, strangely enough).

I've never run into this shortage for one simple reason. I scrap things that take huge IG like hydro power plants, and any other plant that isnt IG efficent. Takes a lot of IG to run those plants. So with scrapping these things, I then build my industry which I can do because i have a huge surplus from scraping the hydro power plants which take a huge amount of IG to run anyways. I also run things that arent going to make me much profit at demand so i am not wasting ig on those. I usually only export CG and electricity which in the early part of the game, I convert to only coal power plants. Also.....Never sell any IG ever...you are going to need it when you do major builds.

Another big tip, when you take over a country, remember that loyalty affects there production capabilities. It is always better to have any type of building in your home territory. The only exception I use are barracks, airfields, supply depots, and fabrications, after taking over a nation, i scrap everything that i possibly can that wouldnt be effecient do to the loyalty factor. Remember the goods use will be the same on conquered soil but not the production, if you do to much of this you arent going to get a good return on anything you produce, which is why i keep all production on home soil....

Moral of the story is....managing your industry is very possible without problems if you are maximizing productivity and minimizing expense.

What is best for Colombia, coal or oil? Got tons of both.

Coal is cheap and best used for power, leaving you to export your petrol. Having coal at demand level and positioning yourself to have a daily positive balance via exporting your petrol is a solid strategy in my book.
Remember every complex you have costs you money, so maximize all of them, sometimes you cant fill an entire complex with coal, or ore or uranium mines, the left over spots make for great coal power plants.

Hydro power plants it seems, generate more electricity than a coal power plant. Water is supposed to be environmentally friendly, but the opposite view is, the land, around the river, is very submerged. Now, a general idea, about Hydroelectricity, is build a reservoir on the side of the river, which is appropriate, and let the river flow. It appears, the reservoir will fill up, and electricity needs to be generated, only. This has nothing to do with the game. In the game, the only way to go is to be aware, that we can consume, and produce more, but we are not doing that, as a nation. I have 9 research slots. I do spend on production. The issue with me is, that I have pretty advanced tech., but I have asked my production minister to conserve as a policy, and to let supply be limited to demand, not to grow in a significant manner. The conserve request, must mean that the ecology and environment is conserved, production being the important function of an economy, and nation. I think, canals can be built if rivers are not dammed, and this must be the way out. If people consume less electricity, not because they need more, but because they feel secure about the electricity supply, then it will be good.