• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(320029)

Recruit
1 Badges
May 24, 2011
  • Magicka
pcWlR.jpg

ActionRadius.com Magicka PvP grounds invite you to a world of magickal pain and hurt. This tournament will be played as 1vs1 to show true potential of your magic skills without any other mages prancing around in their pink robes to distract you. want to see hwo cool Magicka looks in PvP mode, checkout this video.

Registrations closure: 1-August-2011
Registration limit: 30 players (first come first serve)

Tournament Format
Double elimination if number of participants < 15
Single elimination if number of participants > 15

Prizes
Since you would already be having Magicka, so why not expand your game with some DLC prizes like: Vietnam + Watchtower + Robe Bundle + Frozen Lake + Final Frontier
  • 1st prize: Magicka 5 DLC Collection
  • 2nd prize: Magicka 4 DLC pack (all of above except Vietnam)
  • All semi-finalists get: Magicka Robe Bundle DLC

More details and sign-up @ http://www.actionradius.com/t.asp?id=12

Its not the "First Magicka PvP torney" at all and the prizes suck - every pro out there already has all of the DLC. You should rename it to "First beam-noob-not-pro-without-all-the-DLC Magicka PvP tourney".

Also, winners are responsible for takng screenshots/recording their matches? I totally see this working really nice.

I much as I love the initiative :) I have to agree with what DarthTomi said.

The prizes aren't that attractive at all. It would be better to not have 2nd / semi-final prizes so that the winner can have 1 big prize.

And leaving it up to the "winners to record the match" doesn't seems very practical. I think it would be much better if a tournament organiser observed the match for streaming / recording, and later on uploading the VoDs.

Chill out people. Keep criticisms constructive and don't be rude.

Good luck with your PVP tournament. I hope it goes well.

I particularly like this section from your details/sign-up page:
Win Magicka game just for registering for this tournament
Don't have Magicka but want to play it? 3 early registrants of this tournament get a free copy of Magicka. Already have Magicka? then why not tell your friend about this offer to get them a free game and play in this tournament

I think that's a great idea and hope you get lots of new players having fun.

Having one of the actual players host the game is impractical. That player will have a huge advantage over the other player.

Also, about the rules:
"No luggage", there never is luggage in Krietor's Tourney. In addition to that, you can't disable the Magicks that unlock after a certain amount of time.

To me this looks like a very badly prepared tournament (the rules make no sense as i explained, and you haven't even checked for other tournaments, but instead just claim yours is the first?), sorry.

If you changed up some stuff and had one or two referees host the game (more referees = you can host multiple games at the same time = saves a lot of time), this tournament might actually turn out to be fun ;-)

Having one of the actual players host the game is impractical. That player will have a huge advantage over the other player.

Also, about the rules:
"No luggage", there never is luggage in Krietor's Tourney. In addition to that, you can't disable the Magicks that unlock after a certain amount of time.

To me this looks like a very badly prepared tournament (the rules make no sense as i explained, and you haven't even checked for other tournaments, but instead just claim yours is the first?), sorry.

If you changed up some stuff and had one or two referees host the game (more referees = you can host multiple games at the same time = saves a lot of time), this tournament might actually turn out to be fun ;-)

lol yeah! Why I didnt thought of that? OP is trolling:D

Dont bash the OP guys! although the prizes need some work, its always nice to see new ppl with the initiative of making magicka pvp more awesome.

Just pointed out what the OP did wrong. I didn't complain about the prizes at all. Actually, I like that there's prizes for more than one person (cuz we know either Vesuvius or Polish Overlord would grab that price if they took part :p), and giving away 3 copys of Magicka is a great idea, too. But still, the problems I pointed out should be addressed as quickly as possible, to avoid confusion about the rules, and unfair games because one player has the host advantage.

ok ppl here is the clarification for all ur questions... and bashing

1. it was called first actionradius's magicka pvp tournament. actionradius is a tournament site for all games, and this is the first magicka pvp which we will be hosting

2. the prizes are just DLCs, cause this tournament was meant to attract to new people to magicka, and tht is why 3 copies for registrants are also being given out.

3. taking screenshot at end is no big issue for winner. steam does have screenshot ability. creating video is optional.

4. on actionradius all tournaments are organized as such that players themselves organize server / time to play. it is just a platform for match brackets, and getting in touch with people who want to play the games competitively. same goes for our other games.. like counters-trike and Unreal tournament. if players feel one of them can host, its fine, if they want to play on some dedicated server its fine; as long as both parties agree and there is proof provided by winner to stop any dispute later.
Same goes for magicka If players feel like any one would have host advantage, they could just ask a third person to host. its no restriction as long as both parties agree how to do the match. all that is essential is that the end game screenshot or video is provided to stop the dispute in future.

i hope that clears up any confusion u guys had, its just our first tourney, and its just a friendly tourney. so we will try to improve from what we learn! dont worry :)

cheers!

1. it was called first actionradius's magicka pvp tournament. actionradius is a tournament site for all games, and this is the first magicka pvp which we will be hosting

2. the prizes are just DLCs, cause this tournament was meant to attract to new people to magicka, and tht is why 3 copies for registrants are also being given out.

3. taking screenshot at end is no big issue for winner. steam does have screenshot ability. creating video is optional.

4. on actionradius all tournaments are organized as such that players themselves organize server / time to play. it is just a platform for match brackets, and getting in touch with people who want to play the games competitively. same goes for our other games.. like counters-trike and Unreal tournament. if players feel one of them can host, its fine, if they want to play on some dedicated server its fine; as long as both parties agree and there is proof provided by winner to stop any dispute later.
Same goes for magicka If players feel like any one would have host advantage, they could just ask a third person to host. its no restriction as long as both parties agree how to do the match. all that is essential is that the end game screenshot or video is provided to stop the dispute in future.

i hope that clears up any confusion u guys had, its just our first tourney, and its just a friendly tourney. so we will try to improve from what we learn! dont worry :)

cheers!

1. Look at the banner in OP and tell me where is this "actionradius" thing you talking about as I see only "First Magicka PvP torney".

2. They would have to be completely oblivious to not only the game itself(in other words - to be new people) but also to the fact that they are new and therefor they suck at Magicka as its pretty obvious that even if none of the top players participate it takes only 3 not-so-new-anymore guys to claim all prizes and make all the "new people" cry.

3. Well, ok.

4. Have you even played Magicka at all? The advantage that host gets in PvP match is retarded and even if we were to forget about that how are you going to decide who is going to host games? With all the bugs and connection issues its not even possible for some people to host or join games in certain situations.

Its really nice that you want to organize a friendly PvP tourney but if you really want it to be friendly then get rid of the prizes because with all the issues stated above, this tourney will be all but friendly as people tend to get serious when there are real money (DLC cost money) involved - I dont have Vietnam and I would like to have it but how are you going to make me play with anyone when he is hosting? You gonna throw a coin or what? There is no reason whatsoever for me to let the other guy host and there is no rational, fair way of deciding who should host.

Love your initiative to get more people into Magicka. Don't let yourself be beaten down by the usual trolls (I'm looking at you Tomi :rolleyes:)

But to be fair, some concerns are very much true: If you are organizing the tournament, don't let the players decide on who is hosting. If you have played Magicka, you know the hosts has some advantage over his opponent. The smart player won't agree to let the other competitor host, as he will not agree on any 3rd party, towards which he has a bad ping. And if players are on different continents that may prove to be a barrier which cannot be overcome.

Best case scenario: You, as the organizer, will name a host for each game and be done with it.

But heck, I'll participate, my brother still needs all the DLCs :p

Hate your initiative to get more people into Magicka (I hate noobs). Don't let yourself be beaten down by the cool forum guys (I'm looking at you Tomi, you handsome stud :-* )

But to be fair, some concerns are very fucking much true: If you are organizing the tournament, don't let the players decide on who is going to win. You havent played Magicka, and you dont know that the hosts has super fucking huge advantage over his opponent. The smart player (like DarthTomi - he is really smart, funny and cool) won't agree to let the other competitor fuck him up by hosting, as he will not agree on any 3rd party, towards which he has a bad mojo. And if players are on different continents (like me - Im from Australia) that may prove to be a barrier which cannot be overcome.

Best case scenario: You, as the organizer must asssume the role of a nazi dictator and name a host for each game and be done with it.

But heck, I'll participate, my brother (who is in prison and cant buy it himself) still needs all the DLCs :p

I fixed your post for you, no need to thank me.

Srsly. Less trolling / anguish please.
This looks like a nice, relaxed, casual tournament and I hope it goes well. I'm sure they will take all the advice given into mind and apply what suits their audience best.
If their aim is attracting new players then I'm OK with their decisions and wish them the best of luck.
If you have criticism for them then provide it constructively and stop attacking them. If you sound like you're trolling then noone is going to take your post seriously and if you start breaking forum rules you're going to get banned by a mod.

Relax. Magicka is about the dunka dunka and not about the srs biznez.

DarthTomi, you have been warned before. No trolling on this forum!

Wow, so much hatred since my last post :'(

1. Everyone makes mistakes. You are forgiven friend :)

2. Well when you look at it that way it makes sense, especially since prizes are given to semi-finalist too. And I think the 3 free copies is an awesome idea.

3 / 4. Since I've already got all the DLCs I wouldn't mind hosting / casting all the games. Problem solved :) If anyone else in the community is willing to help feel free to say so.

Point for you. It actually says "First Magicka PvP Tourney", you meant "first magicka tournament on Actionradius", we understood "first tournament in Magicka".

The prizes are fine in my opinion, as long as you allow us to tell you who to give the DLC to, because the winner will probably be an established PvP player who might already own most DLCs.

Yeah, but pictures can be faked. I hope nobody does this, though.

In Magicka, even a bit of lag can be potentially annoying (and disadvantageous) if the other person doesn't have this lag. I will sign up, but I will probably never want my opponent as host, but rather try to decide on a third person to host.

i hope that clears up any confusion u guys had, its just our first tourney, and its just a friendly tourney. so we will try to improve from what we learn! dont worry
Cool, thanks! We didn't want to scare you away ;-)

Any news on prizes being gift codes and not something automatically connected to your account which already has all of the DLC?

P.S. Im on probation so dont provoke me:D

Welcome back ;-) *charges DDDDD*

Sorry, Karar, but it looks like I'll have to knock you out of your own tournament in the first round ;-) You better practice a lot, because I do.

My friend registered for the tournament couple of days ago, did what was asked of him and he didnt receive his free Magicka key. Instead some three dudes showed up from nowhere and they get the keys just like that...

I would say this is serious bullshit, some kind of a scam or I dont know...

Prizes for the winners of the tournament will be delivered in such a manner too? Now Im starting to understand why there will be no 3rd party hosting and there are so many inconsistencies in the rules of the tournament...

My friend registered for the tournament couple of days ago, did what was asked of him and he didnt receive his free Magicka key. Instead some three dudes showed up from nowhere and they get the keys just like that...

I would say this is serious bullshit, some kind of a scam or I dont know...

They said they would give the Magicka keys to 3 random participants. If you're friend didn't get a key then it's just bad luck I guess. If those 3 guys disappeared with the keys after signing out well there isn't much anyone can do about it.

I don't quite see how this could be a scam, they're not asking for money / credit card # or whatever, instead they're giving stuff away.

Not all tourneys are designed to please everyone. And yes this is maybe a bit poorly organized but I'm sure sure ActionRadius will learn from their mistakes. Besides, if they're trying to attract more people into Magicka then who can hate them :)?