• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My friend registered for the tournament couple of days ago, did what was asked of him and he didnt receive his free Magicka key. Instead some three dudes showed up from nowhere and they get the keys just like that...

I would say this is serious bullshit, some kind of a scam or I dont know...

Prizes for the winners of the tournament will be delivered in such a manner too? Now Im starting to understand why there will be no 3rd party hosting and there are so many inconsistencies in the rules of the tournament...

Stop overreacting. The three guys that "appeared out of nowhere" are probably three friends, one of them found out about the offer and told the others. You had plenty of time to tell your friends to get the copys. My brother was too lazy to do so in time, too. Well, their loss. Let's have a fun tournament.

You could also ask your friend to buy it. It's not that much :)

Isn't there a 50% off sale atm?

Yep: http://handheldheroes.net/2011/07/paradox-summer-sale-50-titles-like-magicka-mount-blade-warband/

not just Magicka either if you're interested in branching out.

In celebration of the Earth’s 4 and a half billionth Summer (give or take a few hundred million Summers), the fine folks at Paradox Interactive have decided to run a 50% off sale on the majority of titles released by the publisher. Keep in mind that this includes Magicka as well as all of the DLC released for the title, so, if you have yet to experience the joy of exploding friends and enemies alike in this fantastic “co-op” title, or simply want to expand your friend/enemy killing content, then now’s the time.

Head on over yonder to get a list of the various online retailers running the sale, so you know where you can drop some mere chump change in order to get yourself some high-quality gaming. The deal only runs until July 31st, so get crackin’!

They said they would give the Magicka keys to 3 random participants. If you're friend didn't get a key then it's just bad luck I guess. If those 3 guys disappeared with the keys after signing out well there isn't much anyone can do about it.

I don't quite see how this could be a scam, they're not asking for money / credit card # or whatever, instead they're giving stuff away.

Not all tourneys are designed to please everyone. And yes this is maybe a bit poorly organized but I'm sure sure ActionRadius will learn from their mistakes. Besides, if they're trying to attract more people into Magicka then who can hate them :)?

"Win Magicka game just for registering for this tournament
Don't have Magicka but want to play it? 3 early registrants of this tournament get a free copy of Magicka. Already have Magicka? then why not tell your friend about this offer to get them a free game and play in this tournament.

Login on ActionRadius using Facebook login button on top. Click your name / nick on top. Edit your profile and ensure that your correct steam username is setup there. This steam username is where you will be sent your free Magicka copy
Join this tournament
Post a comment on "Discussions" tab of this tournament that you registered for tournament and want free game.

Once you do that, then just wait till we check your records. If you have joined the tournament, your steam id is setup, your steam profile doesn't already own Magicka, and your comment on Discussions tab confirm that you were one of the 3 early registrants then you will be sent free Magicka steam code."

They did say these free copies will go to 3 early registrants, you can argue its not the same as saying "3 first registrants" but then how are they chosen? Is there a lottery? If you look at discussion tab on Action Radius site you will see all of them (winners and the person responsible for sending those keys) are the same nationality.

Obviously its a scam as someone wants to grab those nice free copies of Magicka (which were sponsored by Paradox) and I wouldnt be suprised if winners of the tournament turn out to be some unknown turkish/arab guys who cant play the game at all.

Im from Poland, we do these things all the time - dont be naive, this whole tournament is a farce.

Stop overreacting. The three guys that "appeared out of nowhere" are probably three friends, one of them found out about the offer and told the others. You had plenty of time to tell your friends to get the copys. My brother was too lazy to do so in time, too. Well, their loss. Let's have a fun tournament.

Yeah, my friend was totally too lazy to register in time... but wait, he registered first (4 days before these guys showed up) so yeah you are totally right. Next time actually read the OP before answering.

Yeah, my friend was totally too lazy to register in time... but wait, he registered first (4 days before these guys showed up) so yeah you are totally right. Next time actually read the OP before answering.

From what they typed they never actually said how they were distributing the copies and my guess would be a random lottery. I think you may be overreacting here.

May I inquire as to the date of the tournament? I will be visiting my Polish roots next Wednesday, and I won't be back till 9th or even 10th :(.
Going to the Polish Woodstock!

From what they typed they never actually said how they were distributing the copies and my guess would be a random lottery. I think you may be overreacting here.

The thing is, Paradox is giving away free stuff to make the PvP scene grow and there are these guys who are in charge of the tournament who just do whatever they want. They give the free stuff to their friends instead of doing what they should - host a legitimate tournament with clear and transparent rules.

Cant you see that this kind of behavior hurts us all? How are you expecting the PvP community to grow when things like this happen? Tournament is sponsored by Paradox and how is that affecting their PR?

The thing is, Paradox is giving away free stuff to make the PvP scene grow and there are these guys who are in charge of the tournament who just do whatever they want. They give the free stuff to their friends instead of doing what they should - host a legitimate tournament with clear and transparent rules.

Cant you see that this kind of behavior hurts us all? How are you expecting the PvP community to grow when things like this happen? Tournament is sponsored by Paradox and how is that affecting their PR?

Oh... so that's what you mean by scam (although that's not quite what I would classify as a scam)...

I first thought you were trolling but what you say makes sense, and I have to agree with you that there's something about this tournament that's a little fishy. If you're right it would explain a lot (poor organisation, no 3rd party hosting, lack of research, and other stuff...). Then again there's not much we can do about it, although I'm sure Paradox will take your posts into consideration (if they read it)

Mods or someone should totally point that out to the Paradox or someone with some power, at least to clarify some thing and answer the accusation I made in this thread.

Dude, really? Those guys got some sponsorship from Paradox for an event. You can't really take gifts back, can you? So give it up.

Dude, really? Those guys got some sponsorship from Paradox for an event. You can't really take gifts back, can you? So give it up.

So what? Its not about getting back those free codes, its about justice! You never act based on your principles? You always need to have some tangible, material reward for your deed to perform it? You never feel like you have to act when see unjustice?

You know that (if Im right) they are stealing from Paradox as Pardaox didnt sponsor this tournament for nothing? There was an agreement beetwen them and they broke it (if Im right), you are aware of this?

Facts are as follows: We don't know anything, not about any agreement, nor about any infraction against that agreement. I just love how people jump to conclusions.

Facts are as follow: there is a possibility of something fishy going on. Someone should investigate this therefore. Im not suggesting anything else. When you sponsor something, lets say prizes for a tournament, you want this tournament to be fair and its rules transparent because when people look at this tournament they see YOU.

Also, when you see a suspiciously looking guy strolling around your neigbors yard in the middle of a night you dont call police or your neighbors because "you dont know what agreement they have"? Yeah, I wouldnt want to be you neighbor...

Okay guys, that's enough I think.

I just reread the rules on how the free keys were given away. The key point was this:
Post a comment on "Discussions" tab of this tournament that you registered for tournament and want free game.
If you look in the discussion tab there are only 4 posts. the first 3 got the game keys.
If you know someone who said they did everything to get the free key then you should see a post by them in the discussions tab. But since all 3 keys are already given away I'm guessing noone else is going to post there unless it's asking about the tournament now.

I just reread the rules on how the free keys were given away. The key point was this:

If you look in the discussion tab there are only 4 posts. the first 3 got the game keys.
If you know someone who said they did everything to get the free key then you should see a post by them in the discussions tab. But since all 3 keys are already given away I'm guessing noone else is going to post there unless it's asking about the tournament now.

Dude, ffs you didnt even look at those posts didnt you? If you did you would know there are 10 of them, 3 first made by my friend and the first one stating that he registered and would like to receive his code as the first person.

Seriously, read before posting.

So what? Its not about getting back those free codes, its about justice! You never act based on your principles? You always need to have some tangible, material reward for your deed to perform it? You never feel like you have to act when see unjustice?

You know that (if Im right) they are stealing from Paradox as Pardaox didnt sponsor this tournament for nothing? There was an agreement beetwen them and they broke it (if Im right), you are aware of this?

Dude, ffs you didnt even look at those posts didnt you? If you did you would know there are 10 of them, 3 first made by my friend and the first one stating that he registered and would like to receive his code as the first person.

Seriously, read before posting.

I can see 4 posts, three of them (which seem to be the FIRST three) got a "Gift sent" answer. Who on earth told you these 3 were friends with the tournament's creator? You're being overly aggressive because of assumptions you made. Cut it.

May I inquire as to the date of the tournament? I will be visiting my Polish roots next Wednesday, and I won't be back till 9th or even 10th :(.
Going to the Polish Woodstock!

I think it starts on the 30th, and then you have some time to contact the participants and agree on a date to fight.