• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

zoommooz

Second Lieutenant
17 Badges
Sep 18, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Darkest Hour
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
I was over at a friends place who swears by IC, so naturally as a mad hoi fan I had a look (I am playing DH myself at the moment). While I thought the map and tech tree looked absolutely brilliant, I was somewhat surprised at the build time of units, which seemed to me to be very quick indeed. Maybe it's because I'm used to to DH, but infantry build times of 90 days vs 290 days seem huge. How does this balance out in the game, and which of the two is more realistic in your opinion?

I think that the DH build-times are the most realistic ones, because they are based on WW2 professional literature. For further informations take a look on this thread: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...Development-Diary-25-Unit-Production-and-more

Now to the balance: The build times of IC are very similiar to the ones of the original HOI 2 and i never noticed any greater balance problems there or in DH.
There are some people who complain about the issue that the encirclements and the complete annihilation of an unit is much more devasting in DH due to the long build times, but i can live with it.
Actually it depends mostly on your own preferences and gaming style.