• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Once again, the pack sets out for a hunt. But the presence of the traitors has crushed their spirits and a vicious argument breaks out when they try to decide where to attack.

The argument quickly turns bitter and personal, and accusations fly back and forth. Disgusted by the behaviour of his packmates, the calm and silent the_hdk simply decides to up and leave, stating that there's nothing left for him in the pack, heading to the nearest city.

the_hdk, disillusioned member of the pack, ends his days as a lapdog.

The remnants of the pack feel much shame at these words and wonder where things went wrong, when exactly they lost the kinship they felt so strongly just days ago. Now, all they have left is despair, so much so that when the four traitors reveal themselves, the remaining true wolves no longer have the energy to fight them. One by one, the ritual turns them back to regular humans and all together, they walk back to civilization.

One year later, they're on top of every single music chart in the whole world. The Wolves, the biggest bestest boy band in the entire history!
esemesas, Nautilu, Slinky and snoopdogg reborn, the regular wolves
Malurous, drxav/Najs, Hearth/humancalculator and Adamus, the saviors of the pack

Once again, the pack sets out for a hunt. But the presence of the traitors has crushed their spirits and a vicious argument breaks out when they try to decide where to attack.

The argument quickly turns bitter and personal, and accusations fly back and forth. Disgusted by the behaviour of his packmates, the calm and silent the_hdk simply decides to up and leave, stating that there's nothing left for him in the pack, heading to the nearest city.

the_hdk, disillusioned member of the pack, ends his days as a lapdog.

The remnants of the pack feel much shame at these words and wonder where things went wrong, when exactly they lost the kinship they felt so strongly just days ago. Now, all they have left is despair, so much so that when the four traitors reveal themselves, the remaining true wolves no longer have the energy to fight them. One by one, the ritual turns them back to regular humans and all together, they walk back to civilization.

One year later, they're on top of every single music chart in the whole world. The Wolves, the biggest bestest boy band in the entire history!

Okay, I'd say the ending is too cruel, but then again we brought this upon ourselves.

Can we get in the record books for fastest Stalingrad?

It's sad that two wolves didn't turn up yesterday, it could have been over then...

Also, boy band?!? :p

I had a hunch you were a wolf when you made that big accusing post at the start of day 2, but there was no solid evidence and I decided to try and pursue other leads.

What can I say, I tried to play like I did when I was a villager.

Frankly, coming in recently, I don't understand the logic in preferring people who just throw seemingly random votes around and state no reason. In both games I always looked through the votes and the thread, tried to find someone who's a better than average target, and stated the reason why I thought so. Both games, I got plenty of votes for "accusing posts".

I suppose I either have to work on my English (snoop appears to have understood my point today and joeb yesterday, but I seemingly can't get through to many others) or stop giving reasons for my votes.

I thought you played pretty well mal, congrats on the first win. An awful game all in all, but still.

Thanks, that's kind of you. :) Yeah, I don't intend to let the fact that the village was an unmitigated disaster spoil my mood. ;) It is nice to get no.1.

What can I say, I tried to play like I did when I was a villager.

Frankly, coming in recently, I don't understand the logic in preferring people who just throw seemingly random votes around and state no reason. In both games I always looked through the votes and the thread, tried to find someone who's a better than average target, and stated the reason why I thought so. Both games, I got plenty of votes for "accusing posts".

I suppose I either have to work on my English (snoop appears to have understood my point today and joeb yesterday, but I seemingly can't get through to many others) or stop giving reasons for my votes.

You played excelent. There was nothing flawed about your arguments and everything you said made complete sense from a villager perspective. You actually played like you do as a villager. Well done.

Now just pray you get to show your talent in an actual game.

You played excelent. There was nothing flawed about your arguments and everything you said made complete sense from a villager perspective. You actually played like you do as a villager. Well done.

Now just pray you get to show your talent in an actual game.

Thank you, that's very good to hear. I was really starting to worry about my delivery since I've heard a few times in these games that I don't make sense when I thought I did.

Yay? Im not sure. But just let it be known this tie would not have happened if i was a villager. I couldnt believe how stupid the village really was.

I take full responsibility for the failure of this village. I had the opportunity to snipe but I didn't, just because the kids wanted the tie so much.

I would never have allowed it either, but I couldn't do much about it now.

Also, when I saw this earlier today:

Votecount, less than 5 hours to deadline:

hdk - 2 - snoop, ese
snoop - 2 - Nautilu, Najs
Nautilu - 2 - Malurous, Slinky

Non-voters: the_hdk, humancalculator, Adamus

I say if the three don't show up we keep the tie since that'll mean less wolves win this.

I thought we were heading for a game where the 4 wolves survive AND NO-ONE ELSE!!!

I don't think this should count as a win for me either. It is pretty cheap that i subbed in with a few hours left and won. Ah well.

I don't think this should count as a win for me either. It is pretty cheap that i subbed in with a few hours left and won. Ah well.

Someone needs to start a new game to wash the taste of this one away, eh? :p

I'm sad I didn't live past day 1. I've been a wolf so much, that it was nice to finally be the seer. I even scanned a wolf night 0...but what happens when I'm not a wolf...I get hunted day 1 - apparently :(

I'm sad I didn't live past day 1. I've been a wolf so much, that it was nice to finally be the seer. I even scanned a wolf night 0...but what happens when I'm not a wolf...I get hunted day 1 - apparently :(

You are not the first seer to suffer a Night 1 hunt. :p

You are not the first seer to suffer a Night 1 hunt. :p

I know. Out of the three lite games I've played as a villager, 2 of them I was hunted night 1 and the third I won. I won due to dumb luck more than anything, though.

If I learned anything from this game, though, it's never let someone make a mass tie. Though I probably would have broken it if I was on at the time.

Mass ties rarely lead to something good for the village. But it's not entirely impossible. I've seen one or two contain more than 3 baddies ..

I personally feel a large tie can be useful on day 3 if the village is stuck in neutral. Doing it earlier is too risky because there's too many villagers around and too pointless, as has been proven here. There's too many people involved to blame so you can't find the wolves amongst them.

Mass ties rarely lead to something good for the village. But it's not entirely impossible. I've seen one or two contain more than 3 baddies ..

Well yeah, I've seen games where a mass tie has lynched a few baddies. I just generally dislike them because most of the time they're used as a way to get out of the fact that the village has been lazy with analysing, or has been making bad choices, or the remaining people want to lynch everyone remotely suspicious so they win.

I personally feel a large tie can be useful on day 3 if the village is stuck in neutral. Doing it earlier is too risky because there's too many villagers around and too pointless, as has been proven here. There's too many people involved to blame so you can't find the wolves amongst them.

It can be useful, but if you haven't killed a wolf by day 3, you have a 40% chance of guessing who a wolf is and getting it right. You have three days worth of analysis and (in most cases) a seer to remove further possibilities. There shouldn't be a reason for a tie.

I dunno, I'd advocate removing the potential of ties from the game, making whoever is lynched random or something, because they're mostly created in a situation to compensate for the lack of a well played game by the village.

At the very least I'd like to see ties lynch only one person when there's at least less than 7 people in the game.

Ties are also dangerous at the last day simply because the wolves can just break them any way they like and win the game that way. All they really need is one villager with his vote on a nonwolf and all the wolves will need to do is mass switch to that person.