+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: (MOD) Vinland

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Nuril View Post
    If something like that were to have a release I'd probably end up with one that uses Dei Gratia, if it'd allow me to get new Religions in with all those variables. :S
    It should. It's mostly copy-paste IIRC.

If something like that were to have a release I'd probably end up with one that uses Dei Gratia, if it'd allow me to get new Religions in with all those variables. :S
    I think that's already the case with D&T, but don't quote me on that. But, hell yeah, you should ask them!

Hi, I picked up the mod earlier today. In my game Byzantium managed to lose Napoli to Sicilian rebels and when they seceded they only had Napoli as a core, but Byzantium entered a time of troubles (poor guys) and lost all their western territories to Sicily, who had no cores, via rebels. Thankfully nobody touched them for 50 years, but shouldn't they get an event to get cores?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Manwithplanx View Post
    Hi, I picked up the mod earlier today. In my game Byzantium managed to lose Napoli to Sicilian rebels and when they seceded they only had Napoli as a core, but Byzantium entered a time of troubles (poor guys) and lost all their western territories to Sicily, who had no cores, via rebels. Thankfully nobody touched them for 50 years, but shouldn't they get an event to get cores?
    That's not something I put in, that's them defaulting to a "primary_culture = sicilian"-tag when none exist. I like them having the risk of losing their Byzantine Italian (As represented by Sicilians here) provinces to regional uprisings, though, so I didn't make them Greek. Do you mean an event to grant the Sicilians cores on other Sicilian-cultured territory if they have a successful Nationalist uprising?

Quote Originally Posted by Wallain View Post
    It should. It's mostly copy-paste IIRC.
    What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by The Farseer View Post
    I think that's already the case with D&T, but don't quote me on that. But, hell yeah, you should ask them!
    Speculating on what it'd be neat to sub-mod it for is one thing. Not gonna start another major project (..that'd just be procrastinating) when I already have plenty on my hands for EU3 alone (This and WUMOD), but also having CK2 and the ported VinDW mod to that.

That's not something I put in, that's them defaulting to a "primary_culture = sicilian"-tag when none exist. I like them having the risk of losing their Byzantine Italian (As represented by Sicilians here) provinces to regional uprisings, though, so I didn't make them Greek. Do you mean an event to grant the Sicilians cores on other Sicilian-cultured territory if they have a successful Nationalist uprising?
    Yeah a Sicilian coring event to help them out after they break off

Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight

What do you mean?
    There's a lot of repetition involved is all.

Speculating on what it'd be neat to sub-mod it for is one thing. Not gonna start another major project (..that'd just be procrastinating) when I already have plenty on my hands for EU3 alone (This and WUMOD), but also having CK2 and the ported VinDW mod to that.
    Looking forward to the CK2 one personally.

Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

What Checksum does the game start with for you guys? Is it VKMI for 1.3?

My friend gets NGOI.

Edit: My laptop got NGOI as well, so presumably that's it?

How do I check it?

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

How do I check it?
    If it is like Victoria 2 it is at the bottom of the main menu.
    My AARs: Inkwell, my AARs are near the bottom of the page, the 4th last on page 11

"....You might have a very minor case of serious brain damage...."

Wheatly from portal 2

Quote Originally Posted by olvirki View Post
    If it is like Victoria 2 it is at the bottom of the main menu.
    After the game version, in brackets? If so I have VLNN. Dunno if it helps.

After the game version, in brackets? If so I have VLNN. Dunno if it helps.
    You'd probably have to erase the contents of the "/map/cache/"-folder so it gets a clean slate.

Crusader Kings 2 - Mod Porting

Alright, today I've been doing some preliminary work for the CK2 version of the mod, so though I'd share and see input.

(EDIT: Updated as of 31st of January)

Current Province-configuration (Counties)

Water Provinces are irrelevant, didn't do anything to them. Keep in mind that number of provinces does not make Newfoundland a juggernaut since it'd all be in the 1-Barony range at the start (with additional ones later on for powerful parts like Bjarland and Nefirland). Newfoundland lacked permanent settlements for the Skraelings so it's quite sparsely populated in the first place, so population-density is higher in the Wabanaki interior.

De Jure Duchies

Depending on whether or not I can name-change Duchy-level titles via event-commands I'll give these duchies their corresponding Skraeling names, but if not it'll be whichever combination I find most suitable. Provinces will in all likelihood have that ability given that you can change it in-game like in EU3, so they'll start out with Skraeling titles until taken over by Norsemen (and vice versa).

Current Culture-configuration

Fairly self-explanatory. Cultural Province-map.

De Jure Kingdoms

Might make the United Seven Tribes (obviously not under that name) of the Mi'kmaq a Kingdom too, but Vinlanders can't form the Wabanaki and the Skraelings can't form Vinland (unless they're assimilated to Vinlandic-culture). De Jure Vinland obviously is too big for the start-date, but all provinces have to belong to a De Jure Kingdom. The territory itself won't be their vassals at all. The Kingdom-level title wouldn't exist at the start and the number of provinces needed (13.5 = 14) to form the Kingdom is pretty much owning Newfoundland and a fair share of Markland, so it's fitting, IMO.

Update: Yeah, will very likely put the Mi'kma'ki "Kingdom" in. That means 11 needed provinces to become Vinland, though.

Titles

King/Queen*: Konungr / Drˇttning
    Duke: Jarl
    Count/Countess: Greifi / Greifynja

Barons (Mayor/Lord/Bishop): Borgarstjˇri - Hersir - Go­i/Gy­ja
    Archbishop: Hofgo­i / Hofgy­ja

* I would use "Jarl" for Vinlandic Kings too, but it might get confusing since the Dukes are shown as that as well. If possible I might Localize it so if you're Vinlandic they're Jarls but if purely Norse it'd be Konungr/Drˇttning.

Notes!

- I'm also seriously considering pushing the start-dates back to the 1030s or late 1020s to start it during the reign of Canute the Great. In a Grand Campaign with that start date the colonies would be a province less (unless changed for gameplay reasons), but might compensate by breaking the Skraeling tribes up slightly more.

- Also it most likely won't be called "Vinland [something]", it'd preferably get a proper Old Norse title....So I'll have to start digging through the Sagas again.

Personally I disagree with the kingdoms that can only be formed by one specific culture or religion - it just seems clunky to me. If I conquer some area, why should I not be able to proclaim myself king?

Anyway, I like how the provinces are made, and the idea of pushing back the start date sounds really cool! Although, it would be one large undertaking. Maybe a few alternate scenarios would be better? Would you make it focused on Asetro or the Norse Catholicism? Will you add additional unique Norse buildings? Also how will you attempt to solve the problem of a Spanish, French or Muslim invasion?

(Updated the content of my earlier post)

Personally I disagree with the kingdoms that can only be formed by one specific culture or religion - it just seems clunky to me. If I conquer some area, why should I not be able to proclaim myself king?
    Because they're titles for Tribal Confederations of Skraelings that are unrelated to the Vinlanders. You'd proclaim yourself King in Vinland, then subjugate others. It'd be nice if you could re-name Kingdoms via commands, but that'll probably not be in there (*Holds thumbs*), it just doesn't seem very appropriate to have a "Norse High Chief of the Wabanaki" or a "Mi'kmaq Konungr of Vinland", since they're such separate entities. Also the respective Kingdoms aren't very big, so it might be an unfair advantage to collect their titles. We'll see how it balances out with game mechanics, and if I could add alternative titles for the same regions I would - but I can't.

Edit: Though maybe I could have a Titular Title (unconnected to the territory) you can get via decision from holding a large amount of the in-land territories as a Norseman while also not being a King? Frontiersmen drifting away from Vinland and forming their own rival state?

Anyway, I like how the provinces are made, and the idea of pushing back the start date sounds really cool! Although, it would be one large undertaking. Maybe a few alternate scenarios would be better?
    It'd probably be quite complicated to do Alt-scenarios in Crusader Kings, considering you'd have to re-arrange Birth/Death dates all over the place and then it'd screw up the regular start-date's ages etc. That sort of thing is quite easily done in EU3 on the other hand.

The difficulty of pushing back the start-date in CK2 is largely how sparse the information gets. They already have a lot of characters in their data-base, since they're the parents and grandparents of the people we'll be starting the game as in Vanilla 1066, but since they're used for counting Dynastic Numbers in Kingdoms/Dukedoms and so forth it doesn't actually seem like they'll own any territory, so all of 'em will need to have to get some historically owned Counties to rule from (See: Charlemagne. He's Emperor of the HRE, King of France and King of Italy, but doesn't hold any Counties).

I'd be open for input from any knowledgeable people for fixing up regions they know the history of to see what needs reworking from the Vanilla files.

Would you make it focused on Asetro or the Norse Catholicism?
    Well, I'll probably personally be more focused on ┴satr˙ since it'll be quite barren in Vanilla, but the Christian side would already have far more content available. The few provinces available at start would be ┴satr˙ due to the relative population-sizes, but there'll be Christians around for the player since they're upper-class. Though at later start-dates certain provinces will be majority-Christian. Though it'll be just plain "Catholic" for this, probably. Less hassle.

Will you add additional unique Norse buildings?
    Most likely, yes. Before the Pagan DLC comes out there'll probably be lots of fixin' up on that front.

Also how will you attempt to solve the problem of a Spanish, French or Muslim invasion?
    Hopefully we can get around the lack of Terra Incognita by making it exhaustingly lethal to try to attack the New World. I'd limit the sea-access to along the coast of Greenland-Iceland and depending on how terrain works have a quite high Attrition-rate when transporting troops across it, so if you're transporting small groups within the supply-limit you wouldn't have much trouble, but the Spanish Armada trying to throw 20000 men into Markland? Hopefully there wouldn't be a whole lot of them still alive by the time they arrive.

And if they stick to ┴satr˙ then they won't get very tangled up in European politics, either, apart from maybe some chatting with Erik the Heathen if he wins the Swedish Civil War or something!

Here are some province-names etc. that I've been cobbling together. Most of the Skraeling provinces are tribes that inhabited the region with the exception of the Beothuk. They're extinct, so all we have to go on is a few hundred words of their language, so just picked some fairly suitable ones from that. *Shrugs*

Current Province-Names

Code:
    #################################
    # Vinland: Nefirland & Fj÷rland #
    #################################
    1. Kvßmaland / B: Quadranuk ("Gimlet, a type of drill")
    2. Ůorfinnbyg­ / B: Moisamadrook ("Wolf")
    3. Bjarland / B: Matheoduc ("To Cry")
    4. Ůrummanheim / B: Baroodisick ("Thunder")
    5. Hßlfslˇ­ir / B: Odishuik ("To Cut")
    6. Faraheim / B: Anadrik ("Sore Throat")
    7. Brˇ­irbani / B: Gungewook ("Mainland")
    8. HlÝfland / B: Shabathoobet ("Trap")
    9. Nefirland / B: Obosheen ("To Warm Yourself")

###################################################
    # Markland / Kakatshu-utshishtun ("Raven's Nest") #
    10. Valdyrh˙s / I: Atimset ("Dog Land")
    11. Rau­imark / I: NameshűashÔu ("Fish Bay" -űashÔu is "Bay")
    12. HvÝtelgr / I: Kauapatmush ("White Moose")
    13. Ůurrß / I: Pakuashipi ("Dried River")
    14. SkrÝpigar­r / I: Kamistiatusset ("Land of the hard-working people")

#######################
    # Helluland / Naskapi #
    #######################
    15. Fossmark / I: Sheshatshiu
    16. Fjarriskˇgr / I: Natuashish

#########################
    # Strandir / Nitassinan #
    17. Nutashkuan / N: Vei­iland
    ( 18. Notiskuan / N: Framland )
    19. Ekuantshit / N: FÚlagland
    20. Pessamit / N: Gestirland

########################
    # Kebekr˙m / KÚbekanak #
    ########################
    21. Essipit / N: Fjo­rland
    22. KÚbekaki / N: Fljˇtland

#######################
    # Nakihl't (The West) #
    #######################
    23. Odanak / N: Hrafnland
    24. Masipskwoik
    25. Penankuk

# W˘banuok (Easterners) #
    26. ApÝkwahki (Arosaguntacook split outside the timeframe)
    27. Kinipekw
    28. Arsigantegok / N: Hljˇdrland
    29. Panawahpskek
    30. Peskotomuhkati
    31. WalakÚskih'tek (Allagash) / N: Vollrland

####################
    # Hˇpland / Kespek #
    ####################
    32. Wulustuk / N: Bjargoddr
    33. Kespe'kispe / N: Ůromheim
    34. Kespe'kewaq / N: SÝ­astmark

#############################
    # Villrland / Maskwikeetook #
    35. Wapskeheagee / N: Mßnifljˇt ("Moon-River")
    36. Wolastoqiyuk (Capital: Meduktik, "Meductic" on Wiki) / N: Vœnnßly­ir ("Beautiful River People")
    37. Sikniktewaq / N: Rau­eyrr ("The Red Sandbank")

######################
    # Hildreyjar / Mniku #
    ######################
    38. Epekwitk / N: Heppniheimr
    39. Unama'kik / N: Kjalarnes

18. Notiskuan / N: Framland

##########################
    # Vegrland / Glitawkewaq #
    40. Eski'kewaq / N: Skrßland ("Skin-Land", Eski'kewaq = Skin-Dressers Territory)
    41. Piktukewaq / N: Ůokavßgr 
    42. Sikepne'katik / N: Hnotirmark
    43. Kespukwitk / N: Ellrigar­r
    N: = Norse:
    B: = Beothuk:
    I: = Innu:

(Groennland is still just Eystri- and Vestribygd, since it's the Eastern and Western Settlements)

Because they're titles for Tribal Confederations of Skraelings that are unrelated to the Vinlanders. You'd proclaim yourself King in Vinland, then subjugate others. It'd be nice if you could re-name Kingdoms via commands, but that'll probably not be in there (*Holds thumbs*), it just doesn't seem very appropriate to have a "Norse High Chief of the Wabanaki" or a "Mi'kmaq Konungr of Vinland", since they're such separate entities. Also the respective Kingdoms aren't very big, so it might be an unfair advantage to collect their titles. We'll see how it balances out with game mechanics, and if I could add alternative titles for the same regions I would - but I can't.

Edit: Though maybe I could have a Titular Title (unconnected to the territory) you can get via decision from holding a large amount of the in-land territories as a Norseman while also not being a King? Frontiersmen drifting away from Vinland and forming their own rival state?
    Titles change name via religion though, which means you could potentially add two different names like that.

It'd probably be quite complicated to do Alt-scenarios in Crusader Kings, considering you'd have to re-arrange Birth/Death dates all over the place and then it'd screw up the regular start-date's ages etc. That sort of thing is quite easily done in EU3 on the other hand.

The difficulty of pushing back the start-date in CK2 is largely how sparse the information gets. They already have a lot of characters in their data-base, since they're the parents and grandparents of the people we'll be starting the game as in Vanilla 1066, but since they're used for counting Dynastic Numbers in Kingdoms/Dukedoms and so forth it doesn't actually seem like they'll own any territory, so all of 'em will need to have to get some historically owned Counties to rule from (See: Charlemagne. He's Emperor of the HRE, King of France and King of Italy, but doesn't hold any Counties).

I'd be open for input from any knowledgeable people for fixing up regions they know the history of to see what needs reworking from the Vanilla files.
    An awful lot of work either way, at least in alternate scenarios you are not forced to give the entire world new history.

Well, I'll probably personally be more focused on ┴satr˙ since it'll be quite barren in Vanilla, but the Christian side would already have far more content available. The few provinces available at start would be ┴satr˙ due to the relative population-sizes, but there'll be Christians around for the player since they're upper-class. Though at later start-dates certain provinces will be majority-Christian. Though it'll be just plain "Catholic" for this, probably. Less hassle.
    Sounds good.

Most likely, yes. Before the Pagan DLC comes out there'll probably be lots of fixin' up on that front.
    Most likely.

Hopefully we can get around the lack of Terra Incognita by making it exhaustingly lethal to try to attack the New World. I'd limit the sea-access to along the coast of Greenland-Iceland and depending on how terrain works have a quite high Attrition-rate when transporting troops across it, so if you're transporting small groups within the supply-limit you wouldn't have much trouble, but the Spanish Armada trying to throw 20000 men into Markland? Hopefully there wouldn't be a whole lot of them still alive by the time they arrive.

And if they stick to ┴satr˙ then they won't get very tangled up in European politics, either, apart from maybe some chatting with Erik the Heathen if he wins the Swedish Civil War or something!
    Let's hope the norsemen can throw those invaders out. I like the province names too.

Titles change name via religion though, which means you could potentially add two different names like that.
    Ah, okay, in that case the limitation would be much less likely. Where'd you get that from, though? Al-Andalus? Because that's not a separate Spain-title, it's a Muslim-only territory in Southern Ibera. It can't be formed by Non-Muslims.

What would be sweet is if you could add "_norseculture;Ůromheim;" to the province names to start with, so you wouldn't need to make loads of events or decisions to switch the names, just that if the province (or ruler, depending on which would apply) flips to Norse culture then the names would as well.

An awful lot of work either way, at least in alternate scenarios you are not forced to give the entire world new history.
    Well the thing is that that's pretty much what I'd be doing in Alt-Scenarios, not the other way around. Here I'm just filling in the blanks for stuff that's already around. Kn˙tr inn rÝki is already in the game and counted for his Kingly titles, so it'd be giving him some territory in South-Eastern England and Denmark (Wessex was under Godwin by then). It's lots of separate issues that needs looking over and fixed, but after doing the Kings and their important Dukes there shouldn't be too much trouble. Would keep fixin' on a case-by-case basis provided by more knowledgeable peoples of various areas after that.

Besides, it's tracing Vinland back closer to it's roots (and c'mon, you'd get to start out as the old patriarch of the original EirÝkrŠtt * ) and allows for more varied starting-points in the Grand Campaign. I'd obviously also have 1066 starting points and what-have-you. I'll try to make it more dynamic than EU3 (with the set bookmarks for the most part) so you could go on your merry way with any other character you'd be interested in of the period whilst still inside the mod. Probably get the 1030-Scenario and the 1066->Onward working first before filling in gaps between the two. Key-frames of the Animation of History, if you will.

* Speaking of which, what's the status of Patronymics in CK2? Do they have "Dynasties" like normal attached to the end of a 2nd name, as in "Leifr EirÝksson EirÝkrŠtt", or just the first name and the dynasty or purely Patronymical ("Leifr EirÝksson", but keeping track of dynasty in hidden mechanics)?

Let's hope the norsemen can throw those invaders out. I like the province names too.
    Cheers.

Did the work on the potential Norse holdings throughout the New World map and have concluded that adding loads of provinces is much more of a pain in CK2!

Hopefully these'll work well. They aren't organized in a way other than when I came up with them, so if the first created Holding is always the Castle etc. then I'll just insert them accordingly. Depending on how they'd influence the economy and how many Holdings are appropriate for each I'll reorganize them to the relatively empty Wabanaki-heartland lists (they would have the ones in VinDW already). They don't start with all these, they're names for potential Holdings in the provinces, so even if Bjarland only has Vinborg when originally taken for the Norsemen it would still have the potential to be developed into one of the strongest provinces in the region (as would the milder climate of Nefirland).

Norse Holding-Names
    *Image removed for new post*
    Code:
    #######################
    # NORSE HOLDINGS LIST #
    #######################

1. Leifsbu­ir, MarnŠtahofn, Hamarborg, Fjˇsbu­ir, Humarhofn
    2. Skßlahall, Vis■orpe, Fljˇ­h˙s, Hug■veit, 
    3. Vinborg, Ë­innsvÚ, Ăskjahall, Fj÷lnirborg, Sˇlheim, Erg■veit, 
    4. ١rrsbř, StÝgheim, Haligar­r, Hrˇkholm, 
    5. F˙sborg, Hvossheim, TÝvarlund, 
    6. MŠtaborg, Vßfu­heim, Ref■orpe, 
    7. B˙rhall, Heriholt, H÷rnarvÚ, I­unnsbu­ir, 
    8. HoltvÝk, Frjˇrgar­r, Au­unsala, Ni­a■veit, 
    9. SteinnvÝk, Grafaborg, GÝnahofn, Vi­rirhofn, Jar­h˙s, MÝmisvÚ.
    10. Arnh÷f­i, Bˇksala, Falkholt, Hßkallhofn, 
    11. EirÝkheim, Fjˇlaborg, Mard÷llvÝk, Ëmihall
    12. GrÝpaborg, Sefih˙s, Ůursarnes, 
    13. Valborg, TÝstabyg­, Kˇ­afors, 
    14. Harkaborg, GrÝmsala, 
    15. Harpafors, Ëfnirhofn,
    16. G÷llnirborg, Haukrhofn, 
    17. Flßborg, Bˇtfors, KlˇvÝk, 
    18. HnÝgahofn, Jˇlnirsala, Ljßrnirborg,  
    19. FrßrÝ­iborg, Almheim, 
    20. Gestirbyg­, HoßrrsvÚ, 
    21. Gloigar­r, Bo­hall, Hreysi■veit, Gufaholm, 
    22. Hßrflodheim, Hßrsala, HlÚfreyh˙s, Jßrn■veit, Mi­jafors, 
    23. Skynheim, Njˇtbř, HrÝ­borg, Galga■veit, 
    28. Atliborg, Etjagar­r, Fengrlund, 
    31. Askanborg, Kostadalr, Fj÷rgyndal, 
    32. Rjˇdaborg, Hlˇ­yngar­r, ËlafsvÝk, 
    33. Svßfnirheim, K˙rabř, Br˙ni■orpe, 
    34. Gˇdrbyg­, SkrÝpiheim, K˙gaborg, Launfors, 
    35. Hlřrborg, Spjorgar­r, 
    36. Skipan■orpe, GnŠfaborg, Ljˇmi■veit, 
    37. Ţrungborg, Hßrrgar­r, ŮrˇrvÝk, Ůokagar­r, 
    38. Hildrgar­r, KambvÝk, Galdraheim, 
    39. Hrjˇ­borg, Hvalhofn, Atasala, 
    40. ŮÚttrborg, Fjˇr­iheim, Lindsala, 
    41. Akrbyg­, Grjˇtborg, Lyfjah˙s, Sk˙rvÝk, 
    42. R˙nborg, Fjˇlasta­r, GangvÝk, 
    43. Endih˙s, J÷r­sala, Reykjadal, 

Eystribyg­: BrattahlÝd, Gar­ar, Hvalsey.

Vestribyg­: Ljˇsfjor­r, AnavÝk.
    Now to do the same for all the Beothuk, Innu, Mi'kmaq and Wabanaki holdings in their respective territory.. @_@

No one will understand a single word of theirs though, and they're tribal natives who mostly expanded through confederations of tribes, so they get names for their own respective homelands and if they conquer another tribe they use the standard non-Norse ones.

Well, it was a huge pain, but finally got a decent list of Holding-names complete for the new territory on the map.

Complete Name List

Code:
    ########################################################
    # Vinland: Nefirland & Fj÷rland / Keathut & Akusthibit #
    ########################################################
    1. Kvßmaland / B: Quadranuk ("Gimlet, a type of drill")
    2. Ůorfinnbyg­ / B: Moisamadrook ("Wolf")
    3. Bjarland / B: Matheoduc ("To Cry")
    4. Ůrummanheim / B: Baroodisick ("Thunder")
    5. Hßlfslˇ­ir / B: Odishuik ("To Cut")
    6. Faraheim / B: Anadrik ("Sore Throat")
    7. Brˇ­irbani / B: Gungewook ("Mainland")
    8. HlÝfland / B: Shabathoobet ("Trap")
    9. Nefirland / B: Obosheen ("To Warm Yourself")

# Markland / Kakatshu-utshishtun ("Raven's Nest") #
    10. Valdyrh˙s / I: Atimset ("Dog Land")
    11. Rau­imark / I: NameshűashÔu ("Fish Bay" -űashÔu is "Bay")
    12. HvÝtelgr / I: Kauapatmush ("White Moose")
    13. Ůurrß / I: Pakuashipi ("Dried River")
    14. SkrÝpigar­r / I: Kamistiatusset ("Land of the hard-working people")

#######################
    # Helluland / Naskapi #
    #######################
    15. Fossmark / I: Sheshatshiu
    16. Fjarriskˇgr / I: Natuashish

# Strandir / Nitassinan #
    17. Nutashkuan / N: Vei­iland
    ( 18. Notiskuan / N: Framland )
    19. Ekuantshit / N: FÚlagland
    20. Pessamit / N: Gestirland

########################
    # Kebekr˙m / KÚbekanak #
    ########################
    21. Essipit / N: Fjo­rland
    22. KÚbekaki / N: Fljˇtland

########################
    # Nakihl't / Glˇ­vangr #
    ########################
    23. Odanak / N: Hrafnland
    24. Masipskwoik / N: Dřrmark
    25. Penankuk / N: Haldavirki

# W˘banuok / VŠttirvangr #
    26. ApÝkwahki / N: Miskatheim
    27. Kinipekw / N: Sigrland
    28. Arsigantegok / N: Hljˇdrland
    29. Panawahpskek / N: Bjargfljˇt
    30. Peskotomuhkati / N: Fleinn■jˇ­
    31. WalakÚskih'tek (Allagash) / N: Vollrland

####################
    # Hˇpland / Kespek #
    ####################
    32. Wulustuk / N: Bjargoddr
    33. Kespe'kispe / N: Ůromheim
    34. Kespe'kewaq / N: SÝ­astmark

# Villrland / Maskwikeetook #
    35. Wapskeheagee / N: Mßnifljˇt ("Moon-River")
    36. Wolastoqiyuk / N: Vœnnßly­ir ("Beautiful River People")
    37. Sikniktewaq / N: Rau­eyrr ("The Red Sandbank")

######################
    # Hildreyjar / Mniku #
    ######################
    38. Epekwitk / N: Heppniheimr
    39. Unama'kik / N: Kjalarnes

18. Notiskuan / N: Framland

# Vegrland / Glitawkewaq #
    40. Eski'kewaq / N: Skrßland ("Skin-Land", Eski'kewaq = Skin-Dressers Territory)
    41. Piktukewaq / N: Ůokavßgr 
    42. Sikepne'katik / N: Hnotirmark
    43. Kespukwitk / N: Ellrigar­r

#######################
    # NORSE HOLDINGS LIST #
    #######################

1. Leifsbu­ir, MarnŠtahofn, Hamarborg, Fjˇsbu­ir, Humarhofn.
    2. Skßlahall, Vis■orpe, Fljˇ­h˙s, Hug■veit.
    3. Vinborg, Ë­innsvÚ, Ăskjahall, Fj÷lnirborg, Sˇlheim, Erg■veit.
    4. ١rrsbř, StÝgheim, Haligar­r, Hrˇkholm.
    5. F˙sborg, Hvossheim, TÝvarlund.
    6. MŠtaborg, Vßfu­heim, Ref■orpe.
    7. B˙rhall, Heriholt, H÷rnarvÚ, I­unnsbu­ir.
    8. HoltvÝk, Frjˇrgar­r, Au­unsala, Ni­a■veit.
    9. SteinnvÝk, Grafaborg, GÝnahofn, Vi­rirhofn, Jar­h˙s, MÝmisvÚ.
    10. Arnh÷f­i, Bˇksala, Nßlsund, Hßkallhofn.
    11. EirÝkheim, Fjˇlaborg, Mard÷llvÝk, Ëmihall.
    12. GrÝpaborg, Sefih˙s, Ůursarnes. 
    13. Valborg, TÝstabyg­, Kˇ­afors.
    14. Harkaborg, GrÝmsala.
    15. Harpafors, Ëfnirhofn.
    16. G÷llnirborg, Haukrhofn.
    17. Flßborg, Bˇtfors, KlˇvÝk.
    18. HnÝgahofn, Jˇlnirsala, Ljßrnirborg.
    19. FrßrÝ­iborg, Almheim, Falkholt.
    20. Gestirbyg­, HoßrrsvÚ.
    21. Gloigar­r, Bo­hall, Hreysi■veit, Gufaholm.
    22. Hßrflodheim, Hßrsala, HlÚfreyh˙s, Jßrn■veit, Mi­jafors.
    23. Skynheim, Njˇtbř, HrÝ­borg, Galga■veit.
    24. Nřrborg, Svipulsta­r, Ů÷gnhall, Gnßheim, ┴svaldsbu­ir.
    25. ┴kisbu­ir, Ung■veit, Ë­rsvÚ, Varm■orpe.
    26. HlÝnborg, Vindgar­r, DunvÝk, ═munnr.
    27. V÷rborg, Vßliheim, Hjßlmdalr.
    28. Atliborg, Etjagar­r, Fengrlund.
    29. FrŠgarborg, HjordÝsbř, Vßrsala, Rˇtahofn.
    30. Hr˙gahall, Ůrˇndheim, Hringrh˙s.
    31. Askanborg, Kostadalr, Fj÷rgyndalr.
    32. Rjˇdaborg, Hlˇ­yngar­r, ËlafsvÝk.
    33. Svßfnirheim, K˙rabř, Br˙ni■orpe.
    34. Gˇdrbyg­, SkrÝpiheim, K˙gaborg, Launfors.
    35. Hlřrborg, Spjorgar­r.
    36. Skipan■orpe, GnŠfaborg, Ljˇmi■veit.
    37. Ţrungborg, Hßrrgar­r, ŮrˇrvÝk, Ůokagar­r.
    38. Hildrgar­r, KambvÝk, Galdraheim.
    39. Hrjˇ­borg, Hvalhofn, Atasala.
    40. ŮÚttrborg, Fjˇr­iheim, Lindsala.
    41. Akrbyg­, Grjˇtborg, Lyfjah˙s, Sk˙rvÝk.
    42. R˙nborg, Fjˇlasta­r, GangvÝk.
    43. Endih˙s, J÷r­sala, Reykjadal.

Eystribyg­: BrattahlÝd, Gar­ar, Hvalsey.

Vestribyg­: Ljˇsfjor­r, AnavÝk.

# BEOTHUK HOLDINGS LIST #

1. Pugathoite, Shewthake, Wobeelathun, Mandeweech, Hadalahet.
    2. Koshetiwish, Ozerusheebin, Bidisonisut, Hothamashet.
    3. Aguathoonet, Kingiabit, Meheshaudet, Betheoate, Mudeetanun, Akusthibit.
    4. Oodrateesh, Bobbiduish-emet, Dosomitelathum, Shedothun.
    5. Modthamook, Adobeesh, Keoosockek.
    6. Emoethook, Magorum, Shabathootet.
    7. Gigarimanet, Hanawasutt, Manjebathook, Odusweetish.
    8. Miawpukek, Mammasheek, Shoewanyeesh, Shapothemet.
    9. Kadimishuite, Mowageenite, Bathukewis, Ejabathook, Edoteesh, Mootawee.

######################
    # INNU HOLDINGS LIST #
    ######################

10. KamikuatűashÔu, Kassitakaikan, Maikan-nipi, Katshinukamat.
    11. PipunűashÔu, Kakushtatshinanut, Umenikan, Kanapateshekat.
    12. Atiku-uapishkuss, Atiku-uish, Unaikan-shipiss.
    13. Pakua-shipiunnuat, Manitupek, Kauashapakueshteti.
    14. Wabushuau, Upinau-utshu.
    15. Sheshatshit, Kawawachikamach.
    16. Mushuau, Matimekosh.
    17. Unamenshipit, Natashkwan, UkaumaűashÔu.
    19. Ekuantshit, Uashat, Maliotenam.
    20. Betsiamites, Kashashakuepitak.
    21. Etshipi, Ouiatchouan, Mashteuiatsh.

# WABANAKI HOLDINGS LIST #

22. Manawan, Wendake, Dokimakuk, Anawawitekw, Migwensek.
    23. W˘linak, Amoskeay, Gwesihanak, Awak'ganki.
    24. Missiassik, Sokoki, Koasek, Winooski, Ossipee.
    25. Bemijijoasek, Nubanusit, Winniskwam, Bag˘ntekw.
    26. Merrimak, Pesketegwe, Souhegan, Weshakum.
    27. Sebastikuk, Talintegwe, Anibiikatik.
    28. Azigelitegwe, Tkakiskatekw, Otodosanak.
    29. Kenduskeag, Pannawambskek, Piskatakwis, Kakasokwan.
    30. Sebayik, Chiputnetikuk, Wazesanak.
    31. Mkazas-akuk, Wassakpiwikuk, Awazodana.
    32. Kajigapskwan, Nanabitekw, Maahlikotegwe.
    35. Nodalokatekw, Walagakuk.
    36. Meduktik, Madawaska, Nashwaaksis.

# MI'KMAQ HOLDINGS LIST #

18. Natik˘steq, Wikenden, Taqtaloqewaq.
    33. Oqwa'qewaq, Eptegwatitk, Siptaqisinguk.
    34. KÚkwapskuk, Listuguj, Saqaliaquk, Soqqwatewaq.
    37. Eskinuopitijk, Chebooktoosk, Metepenagiag, Condeanweegan.
    38. Mimtugaak, Kadotpichk, Tignisewaq.
    39. Wagmatakuk, Eskasoni, Waikobah.
    40. Paq'tnkek, A'gwesnkek, Gmetugewaq.
    41. Elsipogtog, L'sipuktuk, Sikniktuk, Piktoukuk.
    42. Pesikitk, Shubenakatiq, Ukpudeskakun.
    43. Ponhook, Ls'tgug, Hektanooga.

Notes!

Ugh. I'm gonna end up naming it "Terra Normannorum" (Land of the Northmen), aren't I? I find lots of things that make for nice quotes, but they wouldn't be snappy as Mod names. *Shakes fist at their high regard for poetry*

Ah, okay, in that case the limitation would be much less likely. Where'd you get that from, though? Al-Andalus? Because that's not a separate Spain-title, it's a Muslim-only territory in Southern Ibera. It can't be formed by Non-Muslims.
    I think that is a mistake to begin with. They could just call it "Andalucia", oh well. The thing I am getting at is that people are called "High Chief" and "Sultan" and "King" based on their religion.

What would be sweet is if you could add "_norseculture;Ůromheim;" to the province names to start with, so you wouldn't need to make loads of events or decisions to switch the names, just that if the province (or ruler, depending on which would apply) flips to Norse culture then the names would as well.
    That would be really awesome. Need to poke Paradox for such a feature.

Well the thing is that that's pretty much what I'd be doing in Alt-Scenarios, not the other way around. Here I'm just filling in the blanks for stuff that's already around. Kn˙tr inn rÝki is already in the game and counted for his Kingly titles, so it'd be giving him some territory in South-Eastern England and Denmark (Wessex was under Godwin by then). It's lots of separate issues that needs looking over and fixed, but after doing the Kings and their important Dukes there shouldn't be too much trouble. Would keep fixin' on a case-by-case basis provided by more knowledgeable peoples of various areas after that.

Besides, it's tracing Vinland back closer to it's roots (and c'mon, you'd get to start out as the old patriarch of the original EirÝkrŠtt * ) and allows for more varied starting-points in the Grand Campaign. I'd obviously also have 1066 starting points and what-have-you. I'll try to make it more dynamic than EU3 (with the set bookmarks for the most part) so you could go on your merry way with any other character you'd be interested in of the period whilst still inside the mod. Probably get the 1030-Scenario and the 1066->Onward working first before filling in gaps between the two. Key-frames of the Animation of History, if you will.
    When you finally do make that... Remember to add Hedeby back in.

* Speaking of which, what's the status of Patronymics in CK2? Do they have "Dynasties" like normal attached to the end of a 2nd name, as in "Leifr EirÝksson EirÝkrŠtt", or just the first name and the dynasty or purely Patronymical ("Leifr EirÝksson", but keeping track of dynasty in hidden mechanics)?
    Have a look in the demo?
    Now to do the same for all the Beothuk, Innu, Mi'kmaq and Wabanaki holdings in their respective territory.. @_@

No one will understand a single word of theirs though, and they're tribal natives who mostly expanded through confederations of tribes, so they get names for their own respective homelands and if they conquer another tribe they use the standard non-Norse ones.
    Yeah, but they did not really have cities, did they? The skrŠlings I mean. Maybe you could have them restricted to just one holding per province? Then when the Vinlanders conquer they have to actually build everything up from the bottom. Gives more of a "colonial" feeling.

I think that is a mistake to begin with. They could just call it "Andalucia", oh well. The thing I am getting at is that people are called "High Chief" and "Sultan" and "King" based on their religion.

That would be really awesome. Need to poke Paradox for such a feature.
    Wait, so then you just made that up and the titles people hold don't have the ability to change via religion/culture..?

When you finally do make that... Remember to add Hedeby back in.
    Sure, as a City Holding it could probably be in there. Just don't set expectations too high since I/we probably wouldn't be able to keep the Holdings accurate all over the map (as well as include the later start dates properly)

Have a look in the demo?
    Yeah, actually I'm out in the countryside without internet (most of the time) on my laptop and have been pouring over it. Created preliminary maps extending to the new world based on the earlier examples, added the Norseculture entry to culture.txt, and gotten started on Province and Character histories. Will see how much of it needs fixing once the Module-launcher shows up with the official version.

Yeah, but they did not really have cities, did they? The skrŠlings I mean. Maybe you could have them restricted to just one holding per province? Then when the Vinlanders conquer they have to actually build everything up from the bottom. Gives more of a "colonial" feeling.
    There weren't a lot of permanent settlements. More or less depending on whether they got food from fishing/farming or hunting (the Beothuk, for example, were almost entirely hunter-gather), but if that's the case the Holdings can just represent tribal power in the region, not necessarily a Town. Most areas will start off with very few or just the one settlement, though, yes. You probably couldn't (and I wouldn't, since it'd represent other things) restrict it so just Europeans got to build more.

Wait, so then you just made that up and the titles people hold don't have the ability to change via religion/culture..?
    Yes they do. I just said that titles change depending on religion: King of Leon - Sultan of Leon. Christian - Muslim. Duke of Pommerania - High Chief of Pommerania. Christian - Pagan. See? However I will have to pull back the culture one, it seems to be wrong. It might be right though. I need to have a look at the localization files.

edit: Note that it is just the title. So it is going to be called Denmark throughout the entire game. Also: "emperor_title_ruler_consort_female_german; Kaiserin" - not sure if it is a special case or it actually allows this for all cultures.

edit2: Scratch that: "king_arabic; Sultan;" - "king_greek; Despot". It is very much possible. Religion actually has no impact at all from what I can see, it is all culture-based (might very well be wrong on this one). However it does seem that the names of kingdoms, duchies, counties and baronies are all set in stone as they are tags (like DAN - Denmark in EU3).

Sure, as a City Holding it could probably be in there. Just don't set expectations too high since I/we probably wouldn't be able to keep the Holdings accurate all over the map (as well as include the later start dates properly)
    Greater chance now that I said it.

Yeah, actually I'm out in the countryside without internet (most of the time) on my laptop and have been pouring over it. Created preliminary maps extending to the new world based on the earlier examples, added the Norseculture entry to culture.txt, and gotten started on Province and Character histories. Will see how much of it needs fixing once the Module-launcher shows up with the official version.
    Let's hope it is not too much.
    There weren't a lot of permanent settlements. More or less depending on whether they got food from fishing/farming or hunting (the Beothuk, for example, were almost entirely hunter-gather), but if that's the case the Holdings can just represent tribal power in the region, not necessarily a Town. Most areas will start off with very few or just the one settlement, though, yes. You probably couldn't (and I wouldn't, since it'd represent other things) restrict it so just Europeans got to build more.
    What you can do is to try and keep the skrŠlings at a low income while giving them a few unique buildings that increase army size and so on substantially (also decrease their upkeep cost). Just putting the idea out here.
    Last edited by Wallain; 07-02-2012 at 15:44.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast