+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 399 FirstFirst ... 26 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 76 101 126 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 7973

Thread: General Discussion

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by mkhuh View Post
    Does this mod by any chance include the Great Powers AI (i.e. like the Ad Infinitum in SRI or MEIOU) so AI knows to gang up on the overly aggressive player? Thx
    You are our 1,000th Post, well done! You win a cookie*

*T&C's apply, you don't actually win a cookie.
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

Heya. Just wanted to say that I downloaded this mod a week or two ago, and I have to say that it is -definitely- one of the better ones out there. I'm in the process of a Holland->Netherlands game at the moment, and all of the new events, plus the fact you integrated DAO and the colony name changer mod has made it a pretty enjoyable experience. Though, I've been wanting to start up a Byzantine game, but I can't figure out how to make it work from a 1399 start. The modifier the Byzantines get when at war with the Ottomans is pretty darned useful, but I simply cannot think of a way to sustain an army that can compete with the Turkish one, as I cannot afford an army that can keep theirs at bay while I continue to recruit a larger one with the money I get from the modifier. And I can't attack Karaman/Candar since the Ottos have sphere'd them and warned me.

Any advice/tips or whatever is appreciated :P

Quote Originally Posted by mkhuh View Post
    Does this mod by any chance include the Great Powers AI (i.e. like the Ad Infinitum in SRI or MEIOU) so AI knows to gang up on the overly aggressive player? Thx
    You may not get a cookie, but you might as well have an answer to your question - no, not at the moment. We're looking at it, but Divine Wind seems to have diminished the value of Ad Infinitum and it does add significant system pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by NezzeOne View Post
    Heya. Just wanted to say that I downloaded this mod a week or two ago, and I have to say that it is -definitely- one of the better ones out there. I'm in the process of a Holland->Netherlands game at the moment, and all of the new events, plus the fact you integrated DAO and the colony name changer mod has made it a pretty enjoyable experience. Though, I've been wanting to start up a Byzantine game, but I can't figure out how to make it work from a 1399 start. The modifier the Byzantines get when at war with the Ottomans is pretty darned useful, but I simply cannot think of a way to sustain an army that can compete with the Turkish one, as I cannot afford an army that can keep theirs at bay while I continue to recruit a larger one with the money I get from the modifier. And I can't attack Karaman/Candar since the Ottos have sphere'd them and warned me.
    DoW the Turkish minors on Day 1 and hope.

(Stronger Sliders + Ideas, Unique Missions + Decisions, Extended Timeline, DAO Map and More!)

Southern Byzantophile Imperator1993's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Pride of NationsRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

I was thinking for Roman Empire would'nt the rulers title be Augustus instead of Ceaser because Ceaser was the title for heirs and Augustus for the actual ruler.
    Current AAR
    Legacy of the Conqueror- An AGoT Targaryen AAR
    Upcoming- Fat man in the Garden- An AGoT Tyrell AAR

Kaiser Christoph of the Holy Roman Empire of Dixieland
    Culture: Dixie/(North) German
    Religion: Non Denominational Protestant
    Traits: Brilliant Strategist, Quick, Strong, Attractive, Clubfooted, Legitimized Bastard, Scarred, Scholar, Kind, Brave, Shy, Just, Slothful, Honest, Gluttonous, Patient, Sympathy for Islam, Sympathy for Pagans, Sympathy for Zoroastrians

2nd Knight and Chancellor of the Order of Southern Paradoxians

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by NezzeOne View Post

Any advice/tips or whatever is appreciated :P
    Byzantium can institute liberum veto even though it has under 8 provinces so keep that in mind. Build up a 22k army (you'll be minting but when the modifier kicks in you'll be ok) then dow the ottos, wipe the individual 15k stacks (they should have around 40-50k in total) and when you're getting overwhelmed institute Liberum Veto and use the extra 15k to help you win. Also remember that 15k of their army will be busy sieging constantiople for 3 or so years, however its not worth scorching your main source of income since the supply limit is so high they won't take any attrition anyway. Good luck!
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin

Ahh! That did the trick. After I smashed the first stack or two, Poland (my ally) started to move in along with Lithuania and occupied the Balkans. After that, the Catholics smelled Ottoman blood and piled in, leaving me free to kick what's left of the Ottoman menace. Thanks!

Here's a sneak peak at some graphics for the next release (4.0).

NB "L'etat c'est toi" means "the state it is you" a reference to "l'etat c'est moi", though I'm sure you all knew that!
    Last edited by lukew; 14-10-2011 at 19:22.

Wow, that looks great, I cant wait!

Corporal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Very nice. I haven't played EU3 in years, but am looking to start up a new game and definitely want to use this mod. I think I'm going to wait until 4.0 comes out before starting so I hope it comes along soon!

Major
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by lukew View Post

Here's a sneak peak at some graphics for the next release (4.0).
    *jaw drops to the floor*

To bad i will first finish my Polland-Russia game!

Quote Originally Posted by Sihulm View Post
    You may not get a cookie, but you might as well have an answer to your question - no, not at the moment. We're looking at it, but Divine Wind seems to have diminished the value of Ad Infinitum and it does add significant system pressure.
    Thanks. Not sure what's changed in DW AI to make that less relevant but great mod and I'd love to see what you decide either way.
    The claim to the cookie is mine

I'm still on version 1.11... I'm in the middle of a Byzantium-Rome game and since I think the current version changes the map I can't even use that. Once I finish the game (which will take a while - it's around 1490) I bet 4.0 will be out.

can't wait for the next update, any possibilities of telling us when you think it will be ready for release?

@Ruanek - you should really stop it when 4.0 comes out...it's much better

It will definitely be out within a month, though hopefully a bit sooner.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

You realise that Skyrim will be out in a month as well? I wouldn't want you to get sidetracked!
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

Does this mod have a HTTT version? The DW barely runs on my pc with the new graphics, hence my limitation to HTTT mods only...
    Please Sign the Non-Steam Version Request Petition for SOTS II: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-1-post-person
    QUOTES USED IN POSTS: Always refer to the Original quote to ensure no misunderstandings occur. Click on the small arrows to do so.
    GREATEST NECRO EVER!: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post12291291

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Britain View Post
    can't wait for the next update, any possibilities of telling us when you think it will be ready for release?

@Ruanek - you should really stop it when 4.0 comes out...it's much better
    I'd like to but this is the farthest I've ever gotten in a game of EU3 and I want to play it to the end. Maybe I'll get bored and stop after conquering Europe or something.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Just a couple of bugs/comments to report from my Prussia game:
    • The form Prussia decision for Brandenburg requires your capital to be in the HRE. It makes sense, but this should rather be removed or added to the list of requirements, so that the player is aware of it.
    • The form Prussia decision also seems to stay active after being taken. You can't actually take the decision, but it still is shown. There should probably be a "NOT = { tag = PRU }" in the potential.
    • Some of the cultures and regions around the Baltic are seriously misplaced. Both the Prussian regions and the Prussian culture are misplaced. I imagine this is from not changing the province histories and region file when the DAO map was added in.
    • Due to the changes in tech speed, Castille and Portugal can get access to QftNW as early as the 1440's (leading to a very quick discovery of America). Their nation files should probably be edited to move this idea to a later slot (3 or 4 would probably work best).

That's all I've noticed so far. Ignore anything that's been mentioned before if it's already in line to be fixed in 4.0.

New loadup screen is startling. However "l'etat c'est vous" seems more appropriate than "toi," which is a little curt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 399 FirstFirst ... 26 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 76 101 126 151 ... LastLast