+ Reply to Thread
Page 151 of 399 FirstFirst ... 51 76 101 126 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 176 201 226 251 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 7961

Thread: General Discussion

I think that the requiments for the Divine Supremacy National Idea (+1 missionaries, +1 tolerance of the true faith) should be lessened, since one of the reasons that you would want missionaries is often that you need those missionaries :P

I just tried the 4.0 mod in a game as Brandenburg and I have to ask if Stability and revolt risk is meant to behave like I saw it do. Every country, no exception, is at +3 stability with occasional dips into +2 which are quickly reversed to +3. When my own stability dropped I saw that stability costs were extremely low which would explain it. My costs were something like 90 ducats to raise stability, I could go up a level without touching the stability slider just from my monarch's contributions in three months or less.

There's also war exhaustion and revolt risk. My neighbour Poland had provinces I had cores on and I was hoping for some unrest to weaken them but even with war exhaustion over 10 the revolt risk in their provinces were 0%. And, as mentioned, stability costs were so low that I couldn't hope for stability hits to make them more prone to revolt either.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnive View Post
    I think that the requiments for the Divine Supremacy National Idea (+1 missionaries, +1 tolerance of the true faith) should be lessened, since one of the reasons that you would want missionaries is often that you need those missionaries :P
    People pick the idea because they want missionaries. What's wrong with it giving that?

What Magnive is saying is that the requirements should be relaxed - i.e. that it shouldn't require +1 Narrowminded. I'm torn. On one hand as an Innovative country you get no or little missionaries, even with Act of Uniformity and Popery Act at full Innovative your missionary gain is -0.2/yr, and sometimes I really need missionaries. On the other hand one of the things I love about D&T is that the sliders emphasize the tradeoffs. Having no slider limits for Divine Supremacy means you can be both teching into space and have missionaries, which kinda defeats the purpose.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfish View Post
    What Magnive is saying is that the requirements should be relaxed - i.e. that it shouldn't require +1 Narrowminded. I'm torn. On one hand as an Innovative country you get no or little missionaries, even with Act of Uniformity and Popery Act at full Innovative your missionary gain is -0.2/yr, and sometimes I really need missionaries. On the other hand one of the things I love about D&T is that the sliders emphasize the tradeoffs. Having no slider limits for Divine Supremacy means you can be both teching into space and have missionaries, which kinda defeats the purpose.
    That's our logic behind it. Also why would you need missionaries if you're innovative. You have high tolerance, and high innovative unlocks the extra tolerance ideas so there really is no need to waste money converting provinces unless, I suppose, if they're new world provinces, but that's just a trade off you have to make.
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

I was wondering if its not to much of a hassle to revert the following changes back to game default "vanilla".

- National policy sliders
    - Advisors , Simple
    - National Ideas

Is it as simple as replacing for example policies.txt with the vanilla one, or is this far more complicated.
    Are other changes also involved in this change?

I have little to no experience in editing or coding such things, so i appreciate if someone could help me out.

I love most of the changes in Death and Taxes, but for me and a friend the FULL Death and taxes experience is a bit to much to handle right now.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by Moac View Post
    I was wondering if its not to much of a hassle to revert the following changes back to game default "vanilla".

- National policy sliders
    - Advisors , Simple
    - National Ideas

Is it as simple as replacing for example policies.txt with the vanilla one, or is this far more complicated.
    Are other changes also involved in this change?

I have little to no experience in editing or coding such things, so i appreciate if someone could help me out.

I love most of the changes in Death and Taxes, but for me and a friend the FULL Death and taxes experience is a bit to much to handle right now.
    You could but they are the whole point of Death and Taxes, the main thing our mod is about, so it would be a bit stupid. If you really want to delete 'ideas.txt', 'policies.txt' and 'advisors.txt' from the eu3/mod/deathandtaxes/common file.
    PS There will be balance issues if you do this.
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

All of those things can easily be reverted by copying the the vanilla text files found in the "common" folder("ideas", "advisortypes", and "policies") over the ones included in D&T. They can also be deleted from D&T, but I'd recommend simply creating a backup of the D&T versions of those files and then moving the vanilla ones into that folder.

*Emu'd

I want missionaries because I'm playing as Japan, and I want catholic provinces so that I can get cardinals, so that I can make full use of Holy War, and later Imperialism in order to gain total control of the Curia :P

I want missionaries because I'm playing as Japan, and I want catholic provinces so that I can get cardinals, so that I can make full use of Holy War, and later Imperialism in order to gain total control of the Curia :P
    Then head back towards narrowminded.

On a second thought, you might be right lukew, a big point of the game is the slider system.
    Guess we just didn't give it enough time to adapt to these changes.
    Prior to this mod , we only manages to play one game were we managed to last past 1500.
    So with these changes, we felt like "noobs" again. The mod plays very much differently then the vanilla.

We will give the mod a serious try, in retrospect we did sound like douches with our request.

Are using an inquisitor as an adviser? I knew that they helped me convert provinces while shifting to being innovative as the Byzantines.
    (Stronger Sliders + Ideas, Unique Missions + Decisions, Extended Timeline, DAO Map and More!)

A High Middle Ages Mod from the End of the first Crusade to 1821

I'm planning to do so, but isn't +1 narrowminded for the idea a bit harsh? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Moac View Post
    On a second thought, you might be right lukew, a big point of the game is the slider system.
    Guess we just didn't give it enough time to adapt to these changes.
    Prior to this mod , we only manages to play one game were we managed to last past 1500.
    So with these changes, we felt like "noobs" again. The mod plays very much differently then the vanilla.

We will give the mod a serious try, in retrospect we did sound like douches with our request.
    Don't worry about it. I hope you enjoy the mod if you continue to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by starwarsfan541 View Post
    Are using an inquisitor as an adviser? I knew that they helped me convert provinces while shifting to being innovative as the Byzantines.
    My problem is that I'm at around -1 missionary a year :P

My problem is that I'm at around -1 missionary a year :P
    Annoyingly enough with D&T you have to plan your slider moves a good century in advance. It's so frustrating, this has happened to me, but you will just have to start pushing that slider in the opposite direction :/

Yeah, but that's very annoying as a non-western country :P But I'm not asking to remove all requiments for missionaries on the Divine Supremacy, but perhaps make it so that you can still take it at -1 innovative, and then make the innovatite slider increase missionary cost? I'm not sure, but I would believe that even innovative rulers preferred their subjects to be of their own religion :P

Yeah, but that's very annoying as a non-western country :P But I'm not asking to remove all requiments for missionaries on the Divine Supremacy, but perhaps make it so that you can still take it at -1 innovative, and then make the innovatite slider increase missionary cost? I'm not sure, but I would believe that even innovative rulers preferred their subjects to be of their own religion :P
    To an extent, but: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christi...Ottoman_Empire

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I think the point is that in order to be truly innovative in this period, you generally had to be accepting of outside influences, even if they did undermine or at least bring into question certain religious principles. That was, for example, of the big issues of the Renaissance and the Reformation.

Hrmf... Why do you never get those heresy events when you need them :P

+ Reply to Thread