just had a little look into it, byz seems to have lost much of her cores. are missions added?
While playing Golden Horde one of my provinces (I think it was the northernmost one) has 0.00 tax because it is distant overseas >.>
Great mod so far though. Are there any plans to change the earliest starting date?
Anyone else see 'no culture' provinces around Armenia in the 1356 start?
Death and Taxes 4.0e alpha is available to download
The 4.0e alpha is here. It mainly fixes localisation and other small bugs, as well as preventing the in game colony name change event from constantly firing. I really need your help getting it ready for the final release. Please could you PM Rakhasa any details of the IGCNC event firing multiple times for any provinces, since he has worked out how to fix it but he still needs the names of all the affected provinces.
Still to do:Code:
- France no longer exists in corfu during the 100 days.
- Aztec can only be formed by people in the New World tech group.
- Prestige requirement removed from Lotharingia.
- Ming factions revamped.
- Ming's reform China decision has been modified.
- Provinces now defect to nomads after 2 and a half years.
- Nomad settling decisions which aren't available are hidden.
- The Mongol Empire is now formable.
- Japan only gives 1 base tax and manpower as opposed to 2.
- Full decentralisation gives -0.05 war exhaustion, -4 max war exhaustion, 25% extra defensiveness, 10% higher land force limit, 20% higher manpower and -50% stab cost.
- The American disease chain is 15 times less likely to happen if you don't border a country with a higher tech group to you.
- AE diseases spread less quickly to provinces which don't border other provinces with the plague.
- Integrating new core localisation added.
- Spanish Cuenca removed from the central American region.
- Timeline extended to the 12th April 1861, the date the American civil war began.
- People get cleansing of heresy on their neighbours but only after the reformation has begun.
- War dynamism added.3
- Prussia can't see the form Prussia decision.
- Russian/Siberian regions fixed.
- Advisor stats no longer disappear off the screen.
- Poland's annex Mazovia mission gives a core.
- Move Capital to Warsaw and Polish Hussars decisions no longer show up twice.
- Union country core cleanup event added (adapted from Miscmods).
- Incorporated the auto building mod.
- Incorporated the always war mod.
- Mercantilism gives 10% trade income.
- Free trade gives +10% stab cost and Mercantilism gives -10% stab cost.
- Scorched earth gives -5 support limit.
- War exhaustion is now reduced by 0.2 a month when at peace.
- Supply limits start a little higher.
- Szlachta promoted now only gives 8% discipline, but it gives -10% land attrition.
- Army tradition decays at 4% a year as opposed to 3%.
- Small number of modifiers added to make the AI more difficult.
- Poland starts with less quality.
- The Sardinia-Piedmont missions don't give cores.
- The Pentarchy event requires the Papal states to be your vassal and inherits them before deactivating the papacy. It's not historically accurate but it stops the bug where the Papal states exist and the papacy is inactive causing a crusade to be called every few days.
- Great Britain can't form France, only England.
- Revolt risk from inflation is slightly less.
- Sub-Saharan, New World and Nomad tech groups can't commission paintings.
- Commissioning a painting requires an artist, and now gives -1 prestige and -5 ducats.
- Iberian nations get QftNW slightly later.
- Not-Patrolled penalties removed. (Pirates already do this)
- Decision for the New World states to discover each other.
- AI is given guidance and help in colonizing via events.
- New Events for Teotl nations.
- Religious minority event in colonies has a greater mtth.
- Ethiopia has a better government and tech group.
- Baltic provinces now have more appropriate cultures.
- Added Egypt as a Nation.
- Added a Greek War of Idependance Bookmark.
- Added a lot of provincial history! (Thanks to StarWarsFan541)
- Added Texas, California, Utah and California tags.
- Added Texan and Mormon Cultures.
- Added Greek war of independace Texas american War and Mexican American War.
- The mean time to happen of the national decline event tripled.
- Updated Japan history added from the Japan mod.
- Britain/England get a decision at government tech 24 to restrict the powers of the king, making Britain a Constitutional Monarchy.
- Wear British redcoats decision hidden until Land Tech 30.
- British/English establish Foreign and Commonwealth office which gives +10% tarriffs and small other bonuses.
- Very small bonus (5% trade income) from owning Calais and Kent.
- If you have Ecumenism and Humanist tolerance an event with a MTTH of 3 years will fire giving tolerance of heretics/heathern +0.5, -1RR and move you 1 place towards innovative.
- Nomads get a higher supply bonus on home plains to make them better at surviving after other countries start to colonise the edges of their territory.
- Romanian nation decision updated.
- Badboy malus reduced from having Temples in power from 0.2 to 0.1.
- Added minefield's coats of arms.
- Nostradamus is a level 5 artist.
- Recover Greece mission removed for Byzantium.
- Hindustan now requires 30 cities.
- Italy now requires 25 Italian cities.
- Germany now requires 30 German cities.
- Fujiwara no longer exists in Sakhalin late game.
- Duplicated entries in map/defines.txt removed.
- New version of In Game Colony Name Change added.
- Tech groups rebalenced again (though Eastern, Muslim and Ottoman tech get higher slow limits).
- Forming Japan now doesn't change trade goods, but Industrialising Japan does this, it also gives +1 base tax and manpower.
- Forming Japan is a country decision and requires no one else (other than Japan and you) to own a province in the Japanese region.
- Army tradition decay is faster.
- Second version of the core cleanup event removed.
- Dutch & French, and Dutch & Germanic cultures get a 50% cultural absorbtion rate on one another to represent the cultural similarities.
- AI Mamluk army size nerfed a little.
- QFTNW Can be taken after 1500 even if you don't meet the naval tech requirement.
- Full Mercantilism gives 0.05 inflation reduction.
- AI American Natives are less likely to become christian (20% down from 60%).
- North Sea islands region added
- Forming Britain requires you to own all of the British isles and grants cores on all of Britain and Orkney.
- Orkney removed from the British isles region and added to North Sea islands region.
- Iberia can't be formed if Portugal exists (to prevent it being inherited in an mp game when it moves it's capital).
- Welcome event fires on the first day giving access to the auto build mod and the always war mod.
- Reclaim Jerusalem fires less often.
- More nations mod added including: Al-Andalus, Arabia and Belgium formable, and Australia, Cuba, Madagascar, New Zealand and South Africa as revolters.
- Spain can only be formed by Christians whilst Iberia can be formed by any religion.
- Forming Scandinavia now simply requires you to own the entire Scandinavian region.
- Anatolia removed from crusader states region.
- Arabian Peninsular region added.
- The way subject countries are inherited when a country is formed has been completely changed. An event fires inheriting the countries if they are your junior union, this removes the issue that you will inherit a country you do not lead a union with if you own their capital because they have relocated it (e.g. Portugal moving to the new world in an mp game).
- The Integrate Granada decision will not appear until 1480, and only if Granada exists.
- Forming Spain will inherit Granada if it is your vassal, but Granada isn't a requirement to form Spain itself.
- You now get increasingly bad modifiers for not owning your capital dependent on your centralisation.
- Al-Andalus can now be formed by berber culture group countries- But watch out, it moves your capital to Europe.
- Old governments system temporarily reinstated for the 4.0b alpha.
- Fixed bug where British Australia/New Zealand exists as Britain in 1399 when you move around on the timeline, causing a crash.
- Your capital no longer has to be in andalucia to form Al-Andalus.
- Minefield flags added for new countries.
- Scorched earth only gives -1 supply limit since this is a base and when multiplied results in being much higher.
- Scorched earth halves local troop movement speed.
- Claim on Arabia/Inca bug fixed.
- Tripoli removed from the Barbary wars.
- Quality/quantity slider moves giving the wrong events fixed.
- Uncolonised provinces aren't required to form Scandinavia and Japan.
- Muslims get the conquest of Mecca modifier.
- After 1450 the Mamluks get massive maluses when at war with the Ottomans (AI only)
- All muslims get 0.25 colonists a year.
- Qing's 'Form Qing dynasty' decision shows up so you can see the requirements.
- Scandinavia, Romania, Greece, Westphalia and Japan are all formable with region claims.
- Forming Japan inherits Japanese Vassals/PU juniors
- Britain has industrialised in 1800.
- Riga starts Prussian culture.
- On the 5th June 1849 Denmark becomes a Constitutional Monarchy.
- Technology levels altered to account for the new timeline.
- Famous quotes about war added in place of loading tips.
- Japanese history added (Thanks to Chatnoir17).
- France now starts allied with all its vassals.
- Always war modifier added reducing war exhaustion, max war exhaustion, revolt risk and stability cost.
- Quest for the new world can't be taken until 1400.
- Mongol Khanate provinces auto defect to Ming.
- Prussia can now be formed if Prussia exists, provided it is your vassal or PU junior.
- Golden bull bookmark added.
- Byzantine 1356 cores altered.
- Resisting the Turks Byzantine modifier will only fire if the Ottomans have more cities than the Byzantines.
- All nomads more land oriented.
- In game colony name change event fixed (hopefully!).
- Conquer Ireland mission fixed.
- Loads more localisation added, especially for all the Japanese missions and decisions.
- Add monarch histories for all countries between 1356-1399 and 1821-1861
- Denmark Kalmar union missions.
- Holland missions to form Netherlands
- Add HRE emperors
- Always war event won't declare war on your vassal/subject
- Fix always war province defection so it doesn't fire for rebels
- Minefield to finish the new flags
~Download the 4.0e alpha here~
Last edited by lukew; 19-12-2011 at 01:48.
This is a pretty subjective suggestion but I think the contrast on the new flags is turned down way too much. Blues, purples, and other dark colors are nearly black. Dyes were pretty vibrant, I think its probably okay to let the coats of arms be a little more colorful.
I would really appreciate it if people could take this online survey to give me feedback about the mod. Thanks.
I think Byzantium should have less cores rather than more, on the immediate coast of asia minor and slightly more inland.
"Resistance is futile. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be assimilated into the collective." - Genghis Khan
There are less cores than game start, a small number of cores on the Anatolian coast and cores on all the greek provinces.
As general ideas for improving religion, which of the following do you prefer?
-Incorporating Dei Gratia
-Adding more religions and events
-Create a new religion system with new religions, minorities and other things
Also, is anyone interested in helping me add colonial companies into the mod, if someone could help with flags leaders or history that would be great.
Um it says the Emperor is a 'No Ruler' in the 1356.
For all of them. And Byzantium.
Speaking from personal experience. It's a complicated web of flags and events.