+ Reply to Thread
Page 275 of 399 FirstFirst ... 175 200 225 250 265 273 274 275 276 277 285 300 325 350 375 ... LastLast
Results 5,481 to 5,500 of 7973

Thread: General Discussion

Hi,

Need some help with a bug, I am playing Death and Taxes version (4.5 date 02-02-12) checksum UZTH. I am currently playing as the Ottomans and got into a war alliance with The Mamluks (basically an ally of mines went to war and I joined him as did The Mamluks).

The problem is that I can not break the alliance with the Mamluks, even though both of us are currently not at war. I even went and re-loaded the game to play as The Mamluks to end all their wars and try to break the alliance with The Ottomans but I can not. When I go to click the declare war option it says "break alliance first", and when I look at the alliance option it is still available for me as the Ottomans to ally with The Mamluks. Also, even more strange when I look at the allies for either the Ottomans or The Mamluks they do not show each other as allies. We are not vassals or in a personal union either from what I could tell.

I think the problem arose when I reloaded my Ottomans game and went to play as The Mamluks to mess with them and somehow the ai (playing as the Ottomans) got into this un-breakable alliance when I reloaded as the Ottomans.

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by xerxesjc28; 23-05-2012 at 00:35.

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    King Arthur IIMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Finnish View Post
    I took on Bulgaria as well and was winning but they spawned 15,000 men out of nowhere and destroyed me (I had all provinces either sieged or occupied).
    That's Liberum Veto. Gotta hate it.
    Beelzmod - A complete overhaul for CKII

War is people fighting over ideas.
    Peace is ideas fighting over people.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Beelz View Post
    That's Liberum Veto. Gotta hate it.
    Y U Hatin' Bro?

(PS Byzantium can get Liberum Veto itself too)
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband

Because Liberum Veto makes it so much harder to bully the little states in Eastern Europe.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Because Liberum Veto makes it so much harder to bully the little states in Eastern Europe.
    They only get it once. You just have to anticipate it. Also, states have to be above a certain size to receive it.
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin

True, I suppose I just don't like the enemy pulling a 15-stack out of their sleeve.

True, I suppose I just don't like the enemy pulling a 15-stack out of their sleeve.
    It's annoying but hey, at least it's a challenge for once. Historically I can't cite any nations which never lost a war - yet we seem to expect that all the time in an sp game.

Very true.

About my unbreakable alliance problem, I read you could edit the save file to break an alliance, how could i do that?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by xerxesjc28 View Post
    About my unbreakable alliance problem, I read you could edit the save file to break an alliance, how could i do that?
    You should always be cautious when switching between nations. It can cause problems, much like what you've experienced. Anyway, if you open your save in notepad or something to that effect and search for
    Code:
    alliance=
    {
    	first="ABC"
    	second="XYZ"
    	start_date="1234.5.6"
    }
    It should have "TUR" in one of the fields and "MAM" in the other. Create a backup of your save first and then delete those lines. That should end the alliance if that's the source of the problem.

Hm, I seem to be getting a slight pause every couple of in-game days, it's really annoying and makes it really difficult to play the game with the constant stopping and starting. It's almost like it's loading or scanning every few days. Is this a bug, or has anybody experienced it before or anything? The base game is EU3 DW w/ the 5.2 beta patch.

*Edit* Oh, I think that's my problem. It's not compatible with 5.2 yet. Oh well.
    Last edited by Yazman; 24-05-2012 at 09:27.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Yazman View Post
    Hm, I seem to be getting a slight pause every couple of in-game days, it's really annoying and makes it really difficult to play the game with the constant stopping and starting. It's almost like it's loading or scanning every few days. Is this a bug, or has anybody experienced it before or anything? The base game is EU3 DW w/ the 5.2 beta patch.

*Edit* Oh, I think that's my problem. It's not compatible with 5.2 yet. Oh well.
    The AI system does cause occasional slowdowns, although it shouldn't be continual. Also the 5.2 beta does cause some events to fire repeatedly, so that may also be causing some of it.

No, the 5.2 beta does not lag it and you can disable the events that fire non-stop, they are in the tollevents.txt file (or something named like this)
    Just copy the file over to the D&T folder and delete everything inside, it will not affect the vanilla game but will remove them on D&T.

The problem with the event is related to a missing modifier, but also won't work well until the D&T team herself fix it, thanks to the increased number of provinces in the region compared to vanilla.
    The event should stop firing after adding the modifier to every black sea/baltic sea province you own, but as the modifier is missing on the D&T files, it never adds it at all and continues to try to add it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Britain View Post
    No, the 5.2 beta does not lag it and you can disable the events that fire non-stop, they are in the tollevents.txt file (or something named like this)
    Just copy the file over to the D&T folder and delete everything inside, it will not affect the vanilla game but will remove them on D&T.

The problem with the event is related to a missing modifier, but also won't work well until the D&T team herself fix it, thanks to the increased number of provinces in the region compared to vanilla.
    The event should stop firing after adding the modifier to every black sea/baltic sea province you own, but as the modifier is missing on the D&T files, it never adds it at all and continues to try to add it.
    Well it's fixed in the upcoming 6.0 but we still don't recommend you use the 5.2.

I know I've pushed this a lot but please could everyone have a look at the Death and Taxes wiki and contribute, to help others and to help me. Thanks.

Why didn't you use Paradoxian for the D&T wiki?

Why didn't you use Paradoxian for the D&T wiki?
    That's for official paradox wikis afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Britain View Post

Since I don't know how to do this, or what to do, I have no choice but to wait for 6.0 to come out. Guess I'm going back to vanilla for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yazman View Post
    Since I don't know how to do this, or what to do, I have no choice but to wait for 6.0 to come out. Guess I'm going back to vanilla for now.
    Why - just use the 5.1 which the game is compatible with.

Sergeant
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by lukew View Post
    I know I've pushed this a lot but please could everyone have a look at the Death and Taxes wiki and contribute, to help others and to help me. Thanks.
    I was thinking of poking around with it once my finals are over, which is a couple weeks away. ^_^
    "A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and this is necessary to close the circle of our felicities." -- Thomas Jefferson, excerpt, First Inaugural Address, March 4, 1801

"Discipline is the soul of an army. It makes small numbers formidable; procures success to the weak and esteem to all." -- George Washington, 1775

+ Reply to Thread