+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 399 FirstFirst ... 3 28 53 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 103 128 153 178 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 7963

Thread: General Discussion

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Babylon, Assyria and Carthage? Whatever for? They've each been dead for over 1500 years at start of play!
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by n00blord View Post
    As for Switzerland, rather than dividing it as such, why not instead make some crippling modifiers to show how disunified and decentralized the region and adding the possibility to completely crush all local power by decision that spawns huge rebel armies or something. I dont think Switzerland is worth 4 tags.
    Quote Originally Posted by hansnery View Post
    I agree with RobRoy3, there's a lot of good things that could be done with those tags.
    Btw, I really like to know that we'll be able to form Babylon, Assyria and Carthage again!
    I'd just like to reiterate that tags are neither limited in any way, nor will the inclusion of 4 additional tags have any major effect on performance. That said, they should be added sparingly so as to prevent any large accumulation of unnecessary tags. In this case it's actually quite relevant, since Switzerland was not united at the start of this period. The area was a loose association of small states that eventually came together to form what is essentially the modern state, so the idea of adding more tags to that area isn't science fiction, it's just a possible way to represent that area better. A mini-HRE would be a better representation, but that's obviously not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Arakhor View Post
    Babylon, Assyria and Carthage? Whatever for? They've each been dead for over 1500 years at start of play!
    Assyria as a nation yes, it was dead but the Assyrian people were still around and being oppressed by Muslims before Timur annhilated them from Iran and sent them into hiding in Kurdistan: There were many Assyrian people in the Middle East explicitly Syria and Iraq.

Babylon: Was a prospective Crusader Kingdom that one of the French Kings wished to create

Carthage: I just used this name because I could not find a better one for a North African Crusader Kingdom.
    Last edited by starwarsfan541; 09-11-2011 at 22:44.
    (Stronger Sliders + Ideas, Unique Missions + Decisions, Extended Timeline, DAO Map and More!)

A High Middle Ages Mod from the End of the first Crusade to 1821

Quote Originally Posted by ensiferum98 View Post
    Can I ask what religion Assyria is? I love ancient Mesopotamia, so I've been considering creating some kind of neo-Assyrian country, but creating a new religion for it always scared me off.

Either way, love the mod and looking forward to the new version!
    As of right now, it is orthodox, but in the future, I would like to add a Nestorian and Coptic Religions as well.
    (Stronger Sliders + Ideas, Unique Missions + Decisions, Extended Timeline, DAO Map and More!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dafool View Post
    I'd just like to reiterate that tags are neither limited in any way, nor will the inclusion of 4 additional tags have any major effect on performance. That said, they should be added sparingly so as to prevent any large accumulation of unnecessary tags. In this case it's actually quite relevant, since Switzerland was not united at the start of this period. The area was a loose association of small states that eventually came together to form what is essentially the modern state, so the idea of adding more tags to that area isn't science fiction, it's just a possible way to represent that area better. A mini-HRE would be a better representation, but that's obviously not possible.
    I must remind that a tag like a union of England and France wasn't added because Silhulm tough that the way it is now represents well enough...
    So if that country wasn't added, why should 4 OPMs be added in Switzerland when there are alternative ways to represent it? (sliders, modifiers)

I put my support to the idea of events and modifiers to simulate the swiss decetralization

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Britain View Post
    I put my support to the idea of events and modifiers to simulate the swiss decetralization
    I'd agree if Switzerland had actually been decentralized. In reality it wasn't decentralized, they were separate states that eventually merged into a confederation due to similar interests. It would be a bit like representing the HRE as unified, yet decentralized state. It doesn't really capture the reality as well. The England-France union is a different story, mainly because it's both hypothetical and complicated by the fact that both saw themselves as the legitimate "France". If you can clarify your ideas on a better way to represent Switzerland, I'm sure it couldn't hurt the brainstorming process, but it should reflect the fact that Switzerland wasn't unified during the early part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dafool View Post
    I'd agree if Switzerland had actually been decentralized. In reality it wasn't decentralized, they were separate states that eventually merged into a confederation due to similar interests. It would be a bit like representing the HRE as unified, yet decentralized state. It doesn't really capture the reality as well. The England-France union is a different story, mainly because it's both hypothetical and complicated by the fact that both saw themselves as the legitimate "France". If you can clarify your ideas on a better way to represent Switzerland, I'm sure it couldn't hurt the brainstorming process, but it should reflect the fact that Switzerland wasn't unified during the early part of the game.
    Well, i know there were a lot of the states, but i felt the term could fit well enough, considering the new OPMs would be vassals.
    But these tags...why add so many OPMs? i still think there are better ways to represent it.

And about the Anglo-French union, of course both monarchs considered themselves King of France, but if England won the HYW, the "pretender" to the french throne would be beaten...And it is what is needed to England to form France in that mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Britain View Post
    Well, i know there were a lot of the states, but i felt the term could fit well enough, considering the new OPMs would be vassals.
    But these tags...why add so many OPMs? i still think there are better ways to represent it.
    Like I said, if you can think of a better concept to represent Switzerland, throw it out there. That's all I've done. I'm not so much concerned about my idea as I am about getting something that resembles history. Just so the history is there to judge by, Switzerland started out (a little while before the new start date) as a confederation of a few small central states in that area. The Swiss were fairly strong and held a special position in the HRE. Over time (into the game's time frame) many smaller towns and areas surrounding Switzerland grew closer to the Confederation and eventually voluntarily joined it, often in order to prevent take over by stronger neighbors such as Burgundy, Austria, or Savoy. Using some vassals to represent these surrounding areas that were slowly integrated seems better than just having an enlarged, decentralized Switzerland, especially given the fact that some of these areas were independent of the Confederation until the 1500's. Sadly there's no real way to represent these areas as independent, yet closely tied to Switzerland without rather making them vassals or adding in a lot of decisions and modifiers for Switzerland. The latter seems clunkier in my opinion, although neither is exactly perfect or easy to implement.

I just started playing this mod and it's been a pretty good time so far. Lots of little things tweaked and so on. I'm really amazed at Switzerland surviving (and even blobbing a bit at the expense of whichever of their neighbors is getting picked on by other bigger states).

I don't have a problem with new Swiss factions. Switzerland getting some love might help though.

Factions?

Like, Ming Factions?

Something to consider. I haven't actually looked at how feasible it would be to implement.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Given that Germany requires the HRE to not exist or for you to have 100 Imperial authority, perhaps the Lotharingia decision could also feature either not being Emperor or having 100 Imperial authority as Emperor to form it instead?
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

so i formed the mughals and i have two problems. one, is that i had gotten the settle_one modifier which is now useless but wont go away, and does nothing but cause issues, and the second is that even though i am making a ton of money my tech is way behind even though i am in the muslim tech group. how do i solve these issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Sihulm View Post
    Something to consider. I haven't actually looked at how feasible it would be to implement.
    It is not too hard to add factions, its just a pain having to make multiple files for just one nation.

If anyone with any modding experience is willing to help us with the map changes, please send me a PM.

Playing with this mod for a while now, and it's a very different experience from vanilla. Might also be that this is the first time on normal aggressiveness for me (usually on low)..

Formed Netherlands as Friesland, grabbed jerusalem and Mecca, started a few colonies and grabbed some land from a bloated hansa, but France, UK, Bohemia, Austria Sweden and Portugal are all big now, and none of them are having trouble with their instability it seems. Everybody just attacked me and I lost half of my colonies (thankfully still have my continental holdings).

Think I'll take a bit of a backseat now, unless some countries spontaneously fall apart, to see what will happen. Had half a plan to hollow out the HRE, but that's looking impossible with the current web of alliances. As usual, nobody is willing to ally me -_-

Anyway, wanted to thank everyone for the mod, it's giving me an interesting game

see, as the timurids and now mongols, all i did was as opposed to annexing most of my enemies, i just vassalize and ally all of them. now i am surrounded by a huge wall of allied vassals that pretty much takes care of invading forces and rebels for me while i go kill my enemies.

Europa Universalis: Chronicles

Hi,
    been playing this mod a lot and there's alot I like and some of what I don't. Anyway some stuff I changed;

- Tuned down slider +morale buffs from regiment system and sliders. I know I can choose my NI's and policies but what I can't choose is AI's choices. With around 25-50% nerf's across the morale board the AI europe becomes less land/quality dominated. In practice this results to more stable England, Spain etc.
    - Took naval slider requirments from QftNW. In my opinion this NI is one of the corner stones of this game. In most games (18th century onwards) only Iberian nations ever took it before I changed it.
    - Added a back door to Westernization Idea, pretty much copy pasted it from MiscMods. I don't mind higher tech speeds for Oriental or Muslim techs. It's just that they often lead to the fact that I never could reach the tech difference without gimping my own tech by postponing Innovative moves or steering away from trade, both tactics which feel gamy and generally annoying.

Anyway just saying.
    Faciunt quod possunt, faciamus quod volumus.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

We now have 100,000 views! Thanks to everyone who's downloaded so far!

Last edited by lukew; 11-11-2011 at 18:03.
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 399 FirstFirst ... 3 28 53 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 103 128 153 178 ... LastLast