+ Reply to Thread
Page 270 of 399 FirstFirst ... 170 195 220 245 260 268 269 270 271 272 280 295 320 345 370 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,400 of 7973

Thread: General Discussion

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    CK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I recall the conversation, I felt the need to mention it since in my game it worked and DoF never appeared and I had no bugs.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

If the AI doesn't actually save the money to become DotF it's a good idea.
    "The path to knighthood is paved with strength and nobility not LSD and sideburns." - Black Knight

They actually fixed the 2000000-rollover bug in 5.2, but I think your problem before must have been to make it more than that. If you made the cost of DotF 1m ducats, say, then no AI is ever gonna have that much - and you can obviously move the icon so that the player can't ever take it.

(Stronger Sliders + Ideas, Unique Missions + Decisions, Extended Timeline, DAO Map and More!)

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sihulm View Post
    They actually fixed the 2000000-rollover bug in 5.2, but I think your problem before must have been to make it more than that. If you made the cost of DotF 1m ducats, say, then no AI is ever gonna have that much - and you can obviously move the icon so that the player can't ever take it.
    Or just remove the icon.

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

But why would you want to remove DoF though? It's one of the notable mechanisms that hinder blobbing.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by ywhtptgtfo View Post
    But why would you want to remove DoF though? It's one of the notable mechanisms that hinder blobbing.
    It has the unintended side effect of dragging nations like Spain, England, etc in wars against the Ottomans or Mamluks.

It hinders blobbing, but it makes it harder for some nations to expand historically (notably the Ottomans) and historically doesn't make too much sense, especially between nations in the same religious group.
    -Ruanek

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Ruanek View Post
    It hinders blobbing, but it makes it harder for some nations to expand historically (notably the Ottomans) and historically doesn't make too much sense, especially between nations in the same religious group.
    The current system just doesn't work, so I'm in favor of removing DotF.
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

Does anyone have a link to version 3.4? The new versions run very sluggishly for me but I can't for the love of my life find a download link to the older versions.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by Nessaj View Post
    Does anyone have a link to version 3.4? The new versions run very sluggishly for me but I can't for the love of my life find a download link to the older versions.
    I don't recommend it since the new versions are ten times better but here's the link.
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by lukew View Post
    I don't recommend it since the new versions are ten times better but here's the link.
    Thanks! And I don't doubt that the new versions are better, but my computer likes 3.4 better. All versions after 3.4 stutters a lot and the average time for a month to pass is about 3-4 times longer for some reason.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

I've found that too. The later editions of D&T do stutter a lot.
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

Quote Originally Posted by Arakhor View Post
    I've found that too. The later editions of D&T do stutter a lot.
    That's fairly unavoidable as we add more and more content, and more and more provinces. Sorry :/

Sergeant
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Interesting. I've not found the game to stutter noticeably after the first month or so, once all those initial Paths to Glory have proc'd....
    "A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and this is necessary to close the circle of our felicities." -- Thomas Jefferson, excerpt, First Inaugural Address, March 4, 1801

"Discipline is the soul of an army. It makes small numbers formidable; procures success to the weak and esteem to all." -- George Washington, 1775

HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I haven't really noticed anything either.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

I might be able to reduce some of the stuttering. The main problem is that I don't know exactly what's causing it. I'll still make a few changes to it in the future and see how things turn out.

Is there no way to add a requirement such as a flag to become DoF? That way you could just add a impossible to get flag as a requirement?

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Britain View Post
    Is there no way to add a requirement such as a flag to become DoF? That way you could just add a impossible to get flag as a requirement?
    You could just be silly and make it so that to be the DoF you have to be a heretical religion as well as whatever religion you are currently a part of.
    You're an irreplaceable human soul, with your own understanding of what it means to suffer.

HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    CK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Britain View Post
    This kinda stuff does make sense. If it has a requirement to have more prestige than the current DotF then I don't see why you can't add impossible requirements to make it unobtainable.

The problem is the AI will save money for it whether it is possible to get or not.

The issue, I think, is that the requirements are hard-coded. It's not something we can access (I could be wrong, but I doubt it). All we can do is change the cost, and move the button off-screen.
    -Ruanek

+ Reply to Thread