+ Reply to Thread
Page 246 of 399 FirstFirst ... 146 171 196 221 236 244 245 246 247 248 256 271 296 321 346 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,920 of 7973

Thread: General Discussion

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Huneymunster View Post
    @lockdown51. I cant seem to find a way of enabling auto build mod after starting with it off. Only difference in save file I can see is this line of code in the flag function.
    auto_build=
    {
    status=yes
    date="1356.1.10"
    }
    I tried adding it to save file, but don't get the switches in the culture tab like when its enabled at start of a new game. I think some event must fire when you select to enable it.
    Type these two things into the console:
    set_country_flag = auto_bdt
    set_global_flag = auto_build

Or, what might be easier:
    event = 99904
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by lukew View Post

event = 99904
    I love you. THANKS!

Commander, US Pacific Fleet Sheridan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneRome Gold
    500k club

Did a bit more testing on my 'attack natives' problem. I loaded up a savegame from where I first noticed it, and it's doing it in the save, too, so it wasn't just a loading error or something.

Basically, you move an army into a province with natives present, click the "attack natives" button (which IS lit up), and nothing happens.

If someone can tell me how to post or send the savegame, I'll let you guys at it to figure out what's wrong. (If this isn't an intended effect of the colonization events... and if it IS, they need more documentation!)
    Sunshine patriot - Southern California sunshine, that is...

plays EU2, EU3-DW (usually with D&T), and occasionally dusts off HOI, HOI2, CK, Rome, or Victoria

Sheridan's EU2 France 1419 Strategy Guide (outdated but still useful in concept)

Could something be done about France? I initially thought you raised AI aggression when France started blobbing, annexing England and Portugal in my game. But it turns out that England nerfs enables France to blob crazy. I'm seeing a lot more ugly maps compared to 5.7

And China, too! They almost always unify whole Asia by the end of the game which is even more horrible than France blobbing because France doesn't conquer whole europe at least. I am sure you have a good reason to take off faction systems, but it was there to limit China's capability in the first place and without it, playing Asian countries is no fun because China is simply too strong and it gets stronger over the course of the game.

I understand Asia is not the focus of this mod, but unified China killing all countries in south east Asia(indochina) in first 200 years is too a terrible stain on a map to miss&ignore. Please either nerf China, or place a restriction so they are not so eager to expand after unifying China. (maybe give them a peaceful AI after unifying China?)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

event = 99904
    Why didnt I think of just using console to call the event. I commented out the
    NOT = { has_global_flag = dat_setup }
    to get it to fire

I have recently been reading some alternate history and had an idea to allow migrations for certain countries early in the game.
    EX:If the Ottomans shrink under four provinces they could get a casus belli against their neghbors leading to a migration toward Syria or Iraq, but as they gained new provinces, there older ones would secede to other nations as they conquer over provinces.

This could also be used to make Africa more intersting and allow tribes to blob and collapse in sub-saharan Africa and attempt to invade North Africa or Ethiopia/ Egypt as historically happened to Ethiopia
    (Stronger Sliders + Ideas, Unique Missions + Decisions, Extended Timeline, DAO Map and More!)

A High Middle Ages Mod from the End of the first Crusade to 1821

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Did a bit more testing on my 'attack natives' problem. I loaded up a savegame from where I first noticed it, and it's doing it in the save, too, so it wasn't just a loading error or something.

Basically, you move an army into a province with natives present, click the "attack natives" button (which IS lit up), and nothing happens.

If someone can tell me how to post or send the savegame, I'll let you guys at it to figure out what's wrong. (If this isn't an intended effect of the colonization events... and if it IS, they need more documentation!)
    I know what causes this, but I'm unsure of why you're experiencing it. Can you please give me the names of the specific provinces that are giving you trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by highsis View Post
    Could something be done about France? I initially thought you raised AI aggression when France started blobbing, annexing England and Portugal in my game. But it turns out that England nerfs enables France to blob crazy. I'm seeing a lot more ugly maps compared to 5.7

And China, too! They almost always unify whole Asia by the end of the game which is even more horrible than France blobbing because France doesn't conquer whole europe at least. I am sure you have a good reason to take off faction systems, but it was there to limit China's capability in the first place and without it, playing Asian countries is no fun because China is simply too strong and it gets stronger over the course of the game.

I understand Asia is not the focus of this mod, but unified China killing all countries in south east Asia(indochina) in first 200 years is too a terrible stain on a map to miss&ignore. Please either nerf China, or place a restriction so they are not so eager to expand after unifying China. (maybe give them a peaceful AI after unifying China?)
    Noted. I'll try to take a look at China and see what can be done and I'll also see what's happening with France as well.

Commander, US Pacific Fleet Sheridan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneRome Gold
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Dafool View Post
    I know what causes this, but I'm unsure of why you're experiencing it. Can you please give me the names of the specific provinces that are giving you trouble?
    I'll have to go back and check to find the others, as I did not keep notes, but one of them (the one I checked when I reloaded today) is the one just below Mexico and Tlaxcala that starts out vacant.
    Sunshine patriot - Southern California sunshine, that is...

plays EU2, EU3-DW (usually with D&T), and occasionally dusts off HOI, HOI2, CK, Rome, or Victoria

Sheridan's EU2 France 1419 Strategy Guide (outdated but still useful in concept)

Just a minor bug: While I was playing France, I got a few missions to conquer some regions in Indonesia that were supposed to give cores on all the provinces and aren't.

Thanks for the frequent updates lads, keep up the good work!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dafool View Post

Noted. I'll try to take a look at China and see what can be done and I'll also see what's happening with France as well.

To add to my comment regarding China, since 5.10 south east Asian countries always declare a war on 'Xia' using religious CB, often annexing the nation. When China is unified, China tries to take the land that used to belong to Xia; in addition involved nations are likely in -200 relationship due to their past war when southeast Asia countries conquered Xia, enabling another war with ease. This will lead to a chain of China's southern expedition.

I don't think this is the only reason, but it's one huge difference I noticed. South east asian countries used to not have CB on any chinese nations, often resulting in peace between unified China and south east Asia. China did try to expand back then but they didn't do it so fast like in 5.10.

Thank you for your efforts.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

China has expanded abnormally in South East Asia since 5.1 (or at least did in my games). In 5.2 it took most of Central Asia as well. Maybe the Cleansing of Heresy CB should have some more restrictions based on the historical outcomes. I mean, if it ALWAYS creates a-historical outcomes it should be removed from some religions unless the Unam Sanctam NI is chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by highsis
    Just out of curiosity, which CB did France use to get all of that land? I would have thought the BB could keep it under control until Imperialism and Cleansing of Heresy CBs become available.
    "The path to knighthood is paved with strength and nobility not LSD and sideburns." - Black Knight

(deleted)

Nevermind, I'm stupid~

Great mod, by the way!
    Last edited by KillingMeSoftly; 24-04-2012 at 13:11.

Quote Originally Posted by kepler View Post
    China has expanded abnormally in South East Asia since 5.1 (or at least did in my games). In 5.2 it took most of Central Asia as well. Maybe the Cleansing of Heresy CB should have some more restrictions based on the historical outcomes. I mean, if it ALWAYS creates a-historical outcomes it should be removed from some religions unless the Unam Sanctam NI is chosen.

Just out of curiosity, which CB did France use to get all of that land? I would have thought the BB could keep it under control until Imperialism and Cleansing of Heresy CBs become available.
    sorry, I didn't really see what CB they used because I played American nations not to affect Europe.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

We Need Your Help!
    Does anyone know anything about non-European naval units atall. If so, can you help suggest what units we could provide to the Chinese/Indian tech groups (Eastern & Muslim will remain the same as Western).
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin

We Need Your Help!
    Does anyone know anything about non-European naval units atall. If so, can you help suggest what units we could provide to the Chinese/Indian tech groups (Eastern & Muslim will remain the same as Western).
    I don't know anything in any detail - but I understand that the AoE 3 ships and the Total War : Shogun fleets are reasonably accurate
    Is Everything A Baited Hook?

And are there locks on our doors?

- Incubus
    Empires From Kingdoms
    A DVIP Mod based on the DVIP:MK Mod - Dead - Possibly Reviving for CK2

Death, Taxes and Glory (Long-Term Hiatus) - Death and Taxes AAR (Roman Empire)

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

We Need Your Help!
    Only know that junk(german Dschunke) was the type of ship to transport anything in China/Sotheastasia used at that time.
    Edit: The arabic/Indian version is a dhow. In 17th (india) century a bigship should be a grab (german Ghurab) small one a ghalivat (quite similar to jolly boat).
    Last edited by Sudertum; 24-04-2012 at 20:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudertum View Post
    Only know that junk(german Dschunke) was the type of ship to transport anything in China/Sotheastasia used at that time.
    Edit: The arabic/Indian version is a dhow.
    Yeah, those were the 'red seal ships' in Japan. What I really need to know about is warships please

Yeah, those were the 'red seal ships' in Japan. What I really need to know about is warships please
    http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Category:TWS2_Naval_Units

Whilst not a perfect answer - could be a good page to start from
    Is Everything A Baited Hook?

And are there locks on our doors?

- Incubus
    Empires From Kingdoms
    A DVIP Mod based on the DVIP:MK Mod - Dead - Possibly Reviving for CK2

Death, Taxes and Glory (Long-Term Hiatus) - Death and Taxes AAR (Roman Empire)

Death and Taxes 5.11 released

~Download Death and Taxes 5.11~

Changelog:
    • Great wall of China and Forbidden City can be taken by China. The forbidden city no longer has the faction requirements.
    • Typo with Yuan's heir fixed.
    • Red Turban events are less good.
    • The starting Ming king is only shock 4.
    • Red Turban revolt events are 4 times less likely before 1375.
    • Yuan and the Mongol Khanate can't form the Mughal empire.
    • Yuan can't culture shift.
    • 'Maintain Yuan Dynasty' decision disappears after it's been taken.
    • Loads of descriptions added to decisions.
    • Golden Horde buffed significantly.
    • Tribal government gives -10 batboy limit, but -0.05 war exhaustion.
    • Russian foraging nerfed a tiny bit but gives less of a stab cost increase.
    • Burgundian Belgian provinces are owned by Flanders who is in a personal union with them until 1384.
    • On the 19th April 1839 Limburg is transferred to the Netherlands (London Treaty).
    • Smyrna, Balikesir, Bursa and Bithynia are Orthodox and Greek in the 1356 start, but they revert to Turkish and Sunni in 1453 for balance reasons.
    • Byzantium no longer gets cores on 3 of the Turkish provinces in Anatolia.
    • France starts with a few less cores, but does now start with a core on Berry.
    • All of Flanders' provinces are in the HRE until it is inherited by Burgundy.
    • Hull sizes of transport ships reduced significantly.
    • Economic prosperity doesn't give prestige, but is now available in 1356. It also is available for under 0.5 inflation.

Just wondering, did you break Form Jagiellon on purpose? :P

+ Reply to Thread