+ Reply to Thread
Page 171 of 399 FirstFirst ... 71 96 121 146 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 196 221 246 271 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,420 of 7973

Thread: General Discussion

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Erebos26 View Post
    so it isn't compatible with old save games?
    It is compatible for 4.0 and up.
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2500k club

If I clicked the autobuild option at the beginning of the game, can I turn it off later?
    Some say the universe is almost full of honest people, I say the universe is full of almost honest people

Everybody renames Anatolia in Greek. I've done just the opposite! EU3_14.jpg

Sergeant
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

So, how exactly is AI behavior programmed/edited within the game files? I've been wanting to take a look at that section, but I have no idea where to start, and I'm rather adverse to simply combing through all the files (I have classes to study for, after all )
    "A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and this is necessary to close the circle of our felicities." -- Thomas Jefferson, excerpt, First Inaugural Address, March 4, 1801

"Discipline is the soul of an army. It makes small numbers formidable; procures success to the weak and esteem to all." -- George Washington, 1775

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by lukew View Post
    Death and Taxes 4.2 Released
    This adds the tonnes of new features from the 0.2 of the Malaya mod.

~Download Death and Taxes 4.2~

Code:
    • Malaya mod v0.2 added:
    • Fixed a crash-to-desktop issue from mousing over religious conversion decisions (thanks Dafool)
    • Added the Religious Conversion modifier for recently-converted countries, giving extra missionaries and prestige for a decade after conversion
    • Increased AI chance to religious conversion to 100% once conditions were met
    • Pahang province is now controlled by Ayutthaya (Thailand) at game start, not Majapahit
    • Pahang country tag added as a revolter
    • Decision "Form Malacca" for Malay countries on the Malay Peninsula or the eastern coast of Sumatra now available
    • More historical data relating to monarchs, etc. added (thanks Sudertum)
    • Makassar is now a COT at game start, to fulfill SE Asian trading needs until Malacca is founded in the early 1400s
    • Malaccan Straits toll added as a triggered modifier if a country owns the provinces of Siak, Johor and Malacca, giving +25% to trade income
    • Included the Malayan peninsula in the "Indonesia" region of the regional map-mode, so that it counts for claim in forming Malaya and will give Malayan cores upon forming Malaya
    • Included sub-regions in the regional map mode for the archipelago, including Malayan Peninsula, Sumatra, Borneo, Java, Lesser Sundas, Philippines and Malukus
    • Ternate, Tidore, Tanah Hitu are now Moluccan primary culture
    • Dayak, Sumatran, Javanese and Bali-Sasak cultures added to Malay group
    • Tetum and Flores-Sumba cultures added to Pacific group
    • Negara Dipa, Kutai, Sukadana and Brunei are now Dayak primary culture
    • Demak, Majapahit, Sunda, Banten and Mataram are now Javanese primary culture
    • Aceh, Aru, Srivijaya, Siak, Palembang, Tulang Buwang and Pagaruyung are now Sumatran pirmary culture
    • Bali and Bima are now Bali-Sasak primary culture
    • All provinces in the Maluku region are now Moluccan culture
    • All provinces in the Sumatra region are now Sumatran culture
    • All provinces in the Borneo region are now Dayak culture
    • All provinces in the Java region aside from Bali are now Javan culture
    • Bali and Sumbawa are now Bali-Sasak culture
    • Flores and Sumba are now Flores-Sumba culture
    • Timor is now Tetum culture
    • Event "The Founding of Malacca" to be added for Majapahit if in control of Malacca in the early 15th Century
    • Missions for Netherlands/Holland, Spain, France, Portugal and England/Great Britain to promote colonisation of the region
    • Religious conversion decisions now only appear in the list after certain dates pass and when countries of the relevant religious group are actively trading in the region
    • Orthodox is now available as a conversion option
    • Province of Benkulen completely re-historied
    • Pagaruyung Kingdom's capital relocated to Minangkabau
    • MTTH of religious province conversion events shortened from 1200 months to 850 months
    • Ayutthaya has been buffed, with slightly increased base tax and Level 1 forts in all four of their primary provinces (to make them more threatening to the larger Malayan countries, as they were historically)
    • Malayan Peninsula re-historied to reflect increasing British control over the 18th and 19th Centuries
    • Mission for Malay culture group countries to improve relations with Ming
    • Events to promote the collapse of the Majapahit Empire in the 15th Century and the rise of the successor state of Demak implemented
    • Form Malayan Nation decision completely reworked
    • Event for Malay and Pacific-culture owners of Sulu province to add Sulu core and culture-shift the province to Filipino.
    • Tagoloan discovered by Sulu right off the bat (but by no other country)
    • Missions added for Sulu to colonise Tagoloan and conquer Sabah
    • Kingdom of Galuh added in western Java a a revolter and as a historical nation between 1475 and 1482
    • Philippines has been added as a standard colonial revolter using EU3's vanilla Chile as a template.

Now we wait for 5.0 :P

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerkid View Post
    You cant colonize, just demand them like in a normal war.
    sorry, you're right; in an older version the Khanate was a Horde.

My next question: Is there a way to get cores on Chinese provinces as one of the Chinese states?
    I am therefore officially rooting for a Franco-German strike on Russia, prompting the Soviets to strike back with their hitherto secret nukes. This will serve as a salutary lesson to all involved and leave everyone suitably chastened.-El Pip

Great War: The American Front: Can the United States defeat Britain and its Confederate Lackeys? Or will the CSA defend its freedom against the Yankee Menace?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

maybe an event that gives free cores when you take provinces from the horde or other Chines states. (but only in the chinese region.
    If everyone thinks alike, like kids try to do during school, then the world would be incredibally boring.

My Sengoku AAR- Rise of the Miura Clan: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...2#post12939972

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Blog Entries
    If it's there, it hasn't fired at all this game.
    I am therefore officially rooting for a Franco-German strike on Russia, prompting the Soviets to strike back with their hitherto secret nukes. This will serve as a salutary lesson to all involved and leave everyone suitably chastened.-El Pip

Great War: The American Front: Can the United States defeat Britain and its Confederate Lackeys? Or will the CSA defend its freedom against the Yankee Menace?

its not. I was suggesting that they could include it
    If everyone thinks alike, like kids try to do during school, then the world would be incredibally boring.

My Sengoku AAR- Rise of the Miura Clan: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...2#post12939972

Odd, the version number in the mod manager doesn't seem to have been updated in version 4.2.

I have a question - how can I buff up the Administrative skills of my dynasty?
    "If Humanity does not end war, War shall end humanity."
    __________________________________________________ _

The Phoenix Rises - A Palaiologos AAR, CK2 -> EUIV

you really can't

Okay, someone dun goofed when integrating my Malaya Mod. It's using the old D&T Criteria for the Form Malaya decision - claim on the Indonesia region being greater than 15. But with my re-historied Malay region, this makes Majapahit totally and completely broken in every sense of the word.

I reworked the decision to require total control of at least 3 of the 5 regions in the archipelago - the Malay Peninsula, Sumatra, Java, Borneo and/or Sulawesi. Since parts of all 5 regions are partly occupied by Muslims or Animists (heathens un-annexable to the Hindu Majapahit), this requires that Majapahit's vassal-empire collapse and then another Malay country re-conquer a good chunk of the archipelago by force.

Secondly, the events to force the collapse of the Majapahit only trigger for the Majapahit. Not for Malaya. If the Majapahit manage a tag-change before ~1400 (as they seem to do in my runs on this new 4.2 version), the events won't fire, and Majapahit/Malaya will remain the nightmare of SE Asia for a couple centuries.

I included this reworked decision in my changelog for V.0.02 of the Malaya Mod. And you included that part of my changelog in your changelog of V.4.2 of Death and Taxes. Yet even though it's in your changelog, it's nowhere to be seen in the game.
    Last edited by Krankovich; 29-01-2012 at 08:49.
    Malaya Mod v.0.03 - Out Now
    Click Here

Does England still start as the defender of the catholic faith? As it is now, England will attack any non-catholic country that wages war on catholics at the beginning of the game, resulting in those annoying English provinces everywhere around the med. sea, especially in Anatolia/Balkans.

would it be a good idea to add in an event (similar to the tribal sacking event) that fires for everyone after a big battle(if they are victorious(and their leader is involoved) where it gives the people in your country less WE because they are happy that the war seems to be going well?

keep up the good work luke. I wish this mod was the vanilla version of the game.

Actually, "Defender of the Faith" explains why England always takes over Morocco and some of the Mediterranean Islands. Since they start with a strong navy, and those countries almost always end up at war with a catholic province very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkMaster View Post
    Actually, "Defender of the Faith" explains why England always takes over Morocco and some of the Mediterranean Islands. Since they start with a strong navy, and those countries almost always end up at war with a catholic province very quickly.
    honestly England is OP right now because of their navy and how effective port blockading is.
    I have played around 10 different games with 4.0-4.2 and England ALWAYS expand like crazy in France, Africa, Scandinavia and in Turkey. I believe the reason is that because of their big and strong navy no one can get to the British isles. But the biggest reason is properly that blockading ports is to strong.

I would love to see the war score half or at least reduced
    AND
    war exhaustion gotten from port blockaded reduced.

This would still make it so the British isles wont get swarmed because their navy is strong and the country England fight wont crumble to rebels.

It is weird/crazy/stupid that England can take on France, Denmark and Norway on the same time and still win big time

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

So I was invading South America (sorry, Inca) and got the event where you decide on what your policy should be towards the natives. I chose trading, and kept getting this powerful event where trading with the locals was giving me a trade tech bonus. What do the other options do?
    Future CKII expansion: The Americas, 1000 AD

Quote Originally Posted by twinxor View Post
    So I was invading South America (sorry, Inca) and got the event where you decide on what your policy should be towards the natives. I chose trading, and kept getting this powerful event where trading with the locals was giving me a trade tech bonus. What do the other options do?
    Dunno about the other ones, but I know Conquer the Savages can fire events that either reduce your infamy or increase it.

+ Reply to Thread