+ Reply to Thread
Page 221 of 399 FirstFirst ... 121 146 171 196 211 219 220 221 222 223 231 246 271 296 321 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,420 of 7961

Thread: General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by mozgow View Post
    I was thinking about Shi'ite religion disappearing. Why not form Persia decision change religion to Shi'ite?
    That makes sense, but it should be optional.
    -Ruanek

Maybe if the shiites provinces got some kind of modifier like Religious Zeal that gave them ultra low missionary chance for the first 50 or so years...hmm...coupled with event-chains for the persian states to be hit by the growing shiite influence on their countries...

The problem is that even if there is a shiite Persia, the sunnis will just bash it and force them to convert.

Quote Originally Posted by Dafool View Post
    Austria-Hungary, as implemented, doesn't have a whole lot to do with the historical entity. In fact it does almost the opposite of what happened historically. Instead it was designed as an alternate route for Austria to go if the player or AI doesn't head towards the HRE or Germany. The flag is a little bland though. Now that we have access to minefield's flag creation method, I can perhaps change it in the future (if I remember at the time).
    I noticed - just seems "Hey you control Austria and Hungary..why not be Austro-Hungary?"

Though they should still have Austro-Hungarys' flag - as it is a joining of the two nations for all intents and purposes.
    "If Humanity does not end war, War shall end humanity."
    __________________________________________________ _

The Phoenix Rises - A Palaiologos AAR, CK2 -> EUIV

Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis: Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Britain View Post
    Maybe if the shiites provinces got some kind of modifier like Religious Zeal that gave them ultra low missionary chance for the first 50 or so years...hmm...coupled with event-chains for the persian states to be hit by the growing shiite influence on their countries...
    I like the idea. Modifier to slowdown conversion of Shi'ite provinces and event chain to convert Persia.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Britain View Post
    The problem is that even if there is a shiite Persia, the sunnis will just bash it and force them to convert.
    In my recent game Chobanids formed Persia and it is quite strong. We will not know how good or bad Shi'ite Persia can be unless we try
    Be careful what you wish for, it might come true.

History of Poland (D&T 4.9 AAR)

Out of curiosity, is the AI more likely to westernise in this mod than in Vanilla?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneSengoku
    Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Glinn Mgraw View Post
    Out of curiosity, is the AI more likely to westernise in this mod than in Vanilla?

from what Ive seen the Ai Activly seeks out to westernize itself and at least try to keep up with the player.

Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneThe Kings Crusade
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Im sorry if this is the wrong thread for my question but ive a pretty big problem.
    Ive already had the 4.2 installed which was working fine. Now i deleted the 4.2 and installed the 5.2 which isnt working for me.
    The game isnt starting any more. So i unistalled the game cleaned the directory and installed it and the mod again but its still not starting properly.
    It always crashes while loading the game at the creating province# point. Ive EU3 with all addons and the proper checksum. The mod is in the mod directory.
    I unpacked the mod with winrar and followed the install instructions. And sorry for my bad english.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Serdjo View Post
    Im sorry if this is the wrong thread for my question but ive a pretty big problem.
    Ive already had the 4.2 installed which was working fine. Now i deleted the 4.2 and installed the 5.2 which isnt working for me.
    The game isnt starting any more. So i unistalled the game cleaned the directory and installed it and the mod again but its still not starting properly.
    It always crashes while loading the game at the creating province# point. Ive EU3 with all addons and the proper checksum. The mod is in the mod directory.
    I unpacked the mod with winrar and followed the install instructions. And sorry for my bad english.
    Three things:
    1) Is the Checksum for your vanilla EU3 BJLT
    2) Have you cleared the cache
    3) Have you tried completely deleting the contents of your mod folder and installing the 5.2 from scratch

Hope that helps. Good luck!
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneThe Kings Crusade
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Yes its BJLT . Im not sure ... I only deleted my EU3 folter after the deinstallation. Where can i find the cache ?

What is the auto-build mod?

I've always been curious.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaSemper Fi500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Love this mod. I noticed a few things. There seems to be too much money rolling around in the game. I spend hours watching everyone sending spy after spy. Also during peace terms I can all most always demand more than 1500 ducats each time.

Also no one in the Germany area seems to get any where near making any of the bigger nations.

Plus a question. How do you dismantle the HRE? I am playing as the Roman Empire in ver 5.2. Thanks in advance.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneSengoku
    Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by assyriawest View Post
    Love this mod. I noticed a few things. There seems to be too much money rolling around in the game. I spend hours watching everyone sending spy after spy. Also during peace terms I can all most always demand more than 1500 ducats each time.

Also no one in the Germany area seems to get any where near making any of the bigger nations.

Plus a question. How do you dismantle the HRE? I am playing as the Roman Empire in ver 5.2. Thanks in advance.

Germany is in the HRE which means no blobbing until its dead sadly.

You need this money. mainly for war. War really screws with your economy.

Occupy all the voting members and the emperors capital Provence. they can be found in the HRE clickable.

Auto-build builds stuff for you, but the downside is that it seems to cost 15 to 20% more to do so.

Playing my first game with 5.2, the Europeans haven't touched North Africa nearly 100 years in - but Castille has gone for the Ottomans and Golden Horde, Aragon and Venice for the Mamluks, and England for Scandinavia and Mamluks.

I'm playing Burgundy since 1356, dreaming to form Lotharingia. But I do not understand one of the requirements..it says "variable claim_on_Lotharingia is greater than 25" what does it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryasyr View Post
    Germany is in the HRE which means no blobbing until its dead sadly.

You need this money. mainly for war. War really screws with your economy.

Occupy all the voting members and the emperors capital Provence. they can be found in the HRE clickable.

Auto-build builds stuff for you, but the downside is that it seems to cost 15 to 20% more to do so.
    Wrong, even as a minor you usually will have no problems with money

Quote Originally Posted by Galindor View Post
    I'm playing Burgundy since 1356, dreaming to form Lotharingia. But I do not understand one of the requirements..it says "variable claim_on_Lotharingia is greater than 25" what does it mean?
    It means you need at least 25 provinces in the Lotharingia region (go to the region view).
    -Ruanek

Also, for forming the HRE, wouldn't the Emperor also use the term 'Caesar' as well as 'Kaisar' as the HRE basically was the 'Continued Rome' in their eyes.

Maybe there should be an event whether or not to embrace the old Latin-names and traditions? Or to remain with the Germanic names and Germanic traditions.
    "If Humanity does not end war, War shall end humanity."
    __________________________________________________ _

The Phoenix Rises - A Palaiologos AAR, CK2 -> EUIV

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Caesar and Kaiser the exact same words. One is just the "Germanized" version. While the HRE embraced classical roots, it was quite thoroughly German in nature. There would have been no crisis of identity for them in the same way that the Byzantines might have had to deal with. A united HRE would essential have been an early German Empire, so really it's fine as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dafool View Post
    Caesar and Kaiser the exact same words. One is just the "Germanized" version. While the HRE embraced classical roots, it was quite thoroughly German in nature. There would have been no crisis of identity for them in the same way that the Byzantines might have had to deal with. A united HRE would essential have been an early German Empire, so really it's fine as is.
    Yeah, the current stuff makes sense. Especially considering the only "latin roots" the HRE had was the name.
    -Ruanek

First off, love the mod, great work! Now my question... why do Castille and Aragon always guarantee the Ottoman Empire? It has happened in a few of my games. Is that a piece of history I didn't know of or is something broken?

+ Reply to Thread