+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 399 FirstFirst ... 26 51 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 101 126 151 176 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 7961

Thread: General Discussion

The fact that the Indians invented maths isn't really relevant to how their means of government, military technology, production methods and trade competitiveness changed during the game's timeperiod in relation to the developments taking place in Europe.

And I do apologise to everyone for not finishing the release, things have been increasingly crazy lately and right now real life kind of takes precedence. :/

(Stronger Sliders + Ideas, Unique Missions + Decisions, Extended Timeline, DAO Map and More!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sihulm View Post
    And I do apologise to everyone for not finishing the release, things have been increasingly crazy lately and right now real life kind of takes precedence. :/
    Take your time. Real life trumps even Death and Taxes (though with the origin of the name that could be debatable). We're all looking forward to the finished product, though!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Galrion View Post
    I noticed that playing as Byzantium I couldn't westernize, was driving me nuts. I checked the other countries and couldn't believe it. I was easily 10-15 tech levels ahead of any Western tech country and opening up the distance. This was fairly early on in the GC. At one point I'd been behind the Western groups because for like..a month(?) I could have westernized if I'd had a leader with a decent admin. Finally I went in and modified it so I was westernized so that it wouldn't bother me anymore. Has anyone else noticed Eastern tech groups beating out Western or was this an isolated incident?
    Yeah. I beat them tech wise too in my byz/roman game.

i find it annoying that smaller countries have lech 2 tech levels on me in my french game. also, the teutonic order while being western, advances almost as badly as hungary even though i am making a lot of money :/

Quote Originally Posted by dowdpride View Post
    i find it annoying that smaller countries have lech 2 tech levels on me in my french game. also, the teutonic order while being western, advances almost as badly as hungary even though i am making a lot of money :/
    That'd probably be due to your Serfdom/Free Subjects & Innovative/Narrowminded sliders.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMagickaEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition

Quote Originally Posted by dowdpride View Post
    Well smaller countries advance faster in general. Aachen, Frankfurt, and one other whose name escapes me all tend to be 3-4 levels above everyone after a while.
    MEIOU&Taxes Mod Lead Composer for the Additional Soundtrack
    Download it in high quality MP3 format here - http://www.mediafire.com/download/st...ction%20One.7z

yeah this annoys me. i mean i have full inovative and a huge empire that makes tons of money but this little landlocked nation that has almost no income out techs me. it breaks the game when i try to invade bar and suffer tens of thousands of casualites against a small army that is three tech levels above me :P

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Lovely mod, so far played like 4-5 games and its definitely my favorite =)
    And so, just out of curiosity, i'v been trying to add a formable country(few of them), done everything from EU3 wiki, and its working(from 1st try, some sort of surprise) only problem i'v notice so far is :

i suppose its some mistake in localisation, but cant find it, any advice?

PS: and again, awesome mod =)
    In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti

Did you use commas or semi colons, or ypu can post the entry for the country, and I will look at it.
    (Stronger Sliders + Ideas, Unique Missions + Decisions, Extended Timeline, DAO Map and More!)

A High Middle Ages Mod from the End of the first Crusade to 1821

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneSengoku
    Victoria 2

Can you keep 2.4 as link up when you go 4.0? Just so people can experience the d&t before dao graphics?

Love the mod and what you have done with it. The only thing that grinds my gears are the wastelands, they have always annoyed me. Are there any plans to remove all the wastelands in the coming update?
    Thats the only thing I can think of that im missing.. And updating the colony name change event for more provinces maybe, just tell me if you need help with swedish province names cause I guess I could help out there.

I've been playing this mod exclusively for about 3 weeks now and I love it. The sliders are cool, as are the national ideas and most of the new decisions are pretty cool.

A few suggestions though.

1. Tone down the discipline from the Quality slider. I consistently see the same AI nations dominating and it seems linked with the quality sliders starting position along with unique effects that boost discipline(Looking at you and your longbows and redcoats England). I've found this escpially happens with Burgundy. The only time they lose is when they don't make an effort to link their two areas and so sit there watching their cap occupied until they hit max WE and peace out. In any war where they actually fight they demolish their AI peers to a silly degree, even France.

2. Add some missions to the dutch minors that would allow the Netherlands to form. With Burgundy getting missions on pretty much everything up there, I haven't seem them pop yet unless I coddle them through it by letting them annex the areas required. The other formable nations are far more consistent.

3. Equalize all the nation forming deicsions. Most of them have the new 'Claim on area' system, while others, such as Scandinavia follow the old system. It is a big disadvantage for them compared to the other formable nations and should be levelled across the board for consistency.

Every day is exactly the same anubisfike's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

So I can't help but be bothered by the completely wrong Oldenburg province (some info about Oldenburg Duchy of Oldenburg) and the general area. Let me help you with that.

Here are some screenshots of what I did to the area. I haven't included any of the changes that don't concern Oldenburg and Emden but if you want the others (Oversticht, Friesland, Gelre not visible, Utrecht not visible) I can provide them as well.

And here is some code to go along with that (positions and history files).

Some of the positions may need to be tweaked depending on what you guys feel. They are fine for my single player experience but you may have higher demands. All of the provinces should be perfectly clickable even with units and ships in them. Port rotations are working (no ships inland, all ships in water).

Oldenburg positions.
    Code:
    # Oldenburg
    55 = { 
        text_position = { 
            x = 2909.840000
            y = 1730.780000
        } 

text_rotation = 1.343997
        text_scale = 1.500000
        port = { 
            x = 2909.840000
            y = 1740.020000
        } 

port_rotation = 3.141593
        city = { 
            x = 2906.600000
            y = 1734.320000
        } 

unit = { 
            x = 2910.440000
            y = 1725.560000
        } 

manufactory = { 
            x = 2904.980000
            y = 1725.800000
        } 

trade = { 
            x = 2906.900000
            y = 1744.040000
        } 

}
    Emden positions.
    Code:
    # Emden
    1988 = { 
        text_position = { 
            x = 2898.500000
            y = 1740.050000
        } 

text_rotation = 5.977306
        text_scale = 1.700000
        port = { 
            x = 2898.350000
            y = 1744.950000
        } 

port_rotation = 3.141593
        city = { 
            x = 2894.800000
            y = 1739.250000
        } 

unit = { 
            x = 2899.350000
            y = 1734.450000
        } 

manufactory = { 
            x = 2903.500000
            y = 1744.150000
        } 

trade = { 
            x = 2901.550000
            y = 1737.550000
        } 

}
    Bremen positions.
    Code:
    # Bremen
    54 = { 
        text_position = { 
            x = 2927.306667
            y = 1737.720000
        } 

text_rotation = 6.283184
        text_scale = 1.800000
        city = { 
            x = 2928.586667
            y = 1732.600000
        } 

unit = { 
            x = 2927.200000
            y = 1735.960000
        } 

port = { 
            x = 2916.906667
            y = 1749.933333
        } 

port_rotation = 2.426998
        trade = { 
            x = 2923.786667
            y = 1737.346667
        } 

manufactory = { 
            x = 2921.546667
            y = 1745.773333
        } 

}
    Oldenburg province history. Change it to whatever you like I guess, this just seems fair to me. I increased the base tax because it's in a richer area (not a mostly swamp terrain area like the Emden province, though that's not represented in the geography either. I have no idea how to properly change it.)
    Code:
    owner = OLD
    controller = OLD
    culture = hannoverian
    religion = catholic
    capital = "Oldenburg"
    trade_goods = salt
    hre = yes
    base_tax = 6
    manpower = 2
    citysize = 3000
    fort1 = yes
    add_core = OLD
    discovered_by = eastern
    discovered_by = western
    discovered_by = muslim
    discovered_by = ottoman
    Emden province history. Same here, change it if you deem it necessary. I didn't aim for perfect historical accuracy in the history files but here I went off the fact that Emden ended up as a relatively rich city later in history so I bumped it up from 3 base tax to 5 for 1399.
    Code:
    owner = FRI
    controller = FRI
    culture = dutch
    religion = catholic
    capital = "Emden"
    trade_goods = salt
    hre = yes
    base_tax = 5
    manpower = 2
    citysize = 2000
    fort1 = yes
    add_core = FRI
    discovered_by = eastern
    discovered_by = western
    discovered_by = muslim
    discovered_by = ottoman
    Oh and another note. You may want to rename Emden to Oost-Friesland or East Friesland. I just chose Emden because it was relatively simple to do but Oost-Friesland would be the most accurate one I guess.

So yeah, tell me what you think. If I should have posted this somewhere else (D&T suggestions thread? I dunno) someone could move it.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Britain View Post
    You done it wrong, you should put the Folder and the .mod file inside the /mod folder in your main EUIII directory
    Right, but when I do that the mod doesn`t show up in the select mod drop down in the launch menu....?

Also if the mod is installed correctly I can play other mods aswell....just need to select them in the select mod at launch?

Some other questions regarding the game itself:

Is it just me or do the provinces no longer say to which religion they belong when you select it...aswell as the nations. (The only way to know is to go to select religion in the map display mod)?

There are no north american native tribes anymore....just Mexico, central and S. America...?
    Last edited by gnosis89; 08-11-2011 at 19:46.

Quote Originally Posted by anubisfike View Post
    *Wall of giant geographic code*
    You should probably put this in the DAO thread. D&T uses that for its map.

Every day is exactly the same anubisfike's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Well I thought the DAO mod isn't quite as active as this one and just copying what I did with this shouldn't be hard even if it's your first time doing map work. I don't think CanOmer wanted to do any more work regarding Europe either, unless he changed his mind since I last stopped by the thread.

In any case this is a great mod and I think making it even better isn't so bad, eh?

Just as an update, here are some new features I am adding to the new version-
    -New Revolter- Assyria
    -New Culture - Assyrian
    -More Anatolian Beyliks
    -Il-Khanate Descision
    -Il-Khanate succesor states
    -Red Turban Rebellion
    -more formable Crusader States ex: Babylon (Iraq + Syria) Egypt and Carthage (Tunisia with missions to conquer morrocco and tripoli)
    -Pagan Lithuania + events to convert it to either Orthodoxy or Roman Catholic

Regarding those Crusader States will there be an option for you, if you control certain provinces, to "release" them (Maybe as vassals?), and then get a bonus for it, such as bonus papal influence?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnive View Post
    Regarding those Crusader States will there be an option for you, if you control certain provinces, to "release" them (Maybe as vassals?), and then get a bonus for it, such as bonus papal influence?
    For most nations, yes it is going to be based off of the vanilla KOJ decisions, but certain nations including Siciliy, Naples and other italian city states as well as the few remaining Crusader states can form Carthage or Egypt but not Babylon.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Please could anyone let me know if they use the mod on a mac and how well it works. Thanks.
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 399 FirstFirst ... 26 51 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 101 126 151 176 ... LastLast