+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 399 1 2 3 11 26 51 76 101 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Post General Discussion

Please post any topics related to a general discussion in this thread. For bugs, please instead refer to the bug reports thread. Thanks.
    Last edited by lukew; 12-08-2013 at 23:46.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Very, very impressive. I'll be watching this!

Looks great so far man. I'm going to wait for this mod to play a Byzantium game myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bebo1026 View Post
    Looks great so far man. I'm going to wait for this mod to play a Byzantium game myself.
    We'll try and get it up as soon as possible; there're a number of small bugs and a lot of missing localisation to fix. Hopefully first public version will be out within the week.

As stated, all volunteers and suggestions are appreciated!
    Last edited by Sihulm; 16-07-2011 at 23:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Sihulm View Post
    We'll try and get it up as soon as possible; there're a number of small bugs and a lot of missing localisation to fix. Hopefully first public version will be release within the week.

As stated, all volunteers and suggestions are appreciated!
    Oh, I have a quick question. Will this mod be compatible with previous unmodded saves or would one need to start a brand new game? I have a Papal State game in vanilla DW right now, and seeing your improvements makes me excited.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Oh, I have a quick question. Will this mod be compatible with previous unmodded saves or would one need to start a brand new game? I have a Papal State game in vanilla DW right now, and seeing your improvements makes me excited.
    The save game should work with this mod, however you may have national ideas that no one else can unlock yet, and the accentuated sliders may not have the effects you expected (e.g. full land will give a massive naval force limit reduction). It is recommended you start a new game but its up to you. Im glad you're looking forward to it, we'll try to release the game as soon as possible.
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

Thanks, we'll try to release it as soon as possible. I'm a sucker for Byzantium games myself and initially created this as a 'For Rome' mod for me to play myself. I hope you enjoy it.
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin

This merits interest. I will try to ensure I have some time to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by lukew View Post
    The save game should work with this mod, however you may have national ideas that no one else can unlock yet, and the accentuated sliders may not have the effects you expected (e.g. full land will give a massive naval force limit reduction). It is recommended you start a new game but its up to you. Im glad you're looking forward to it, we'll try to release the game as soon as possible.
    Eh I might just start a new one anyways. I'm kinda landlocked against Milan at the moment and they have a whole lot of strong allies, and things don't look to be changing anytime soon lol.

Thanks for the heads up though.

This looks very promising, looking forward to it!

Some small suggestion for the generic mission overhaul. The construction missions are somewhat sad today and should probably be reworked one way or the other. Making them not appear in distant oversea provinces would be a good start, perhaps a land connection to capital could be a requirement? Also adding trade goods requirement for Universities/Fine Art academies would be nice, to get rid of the annoying "build University in your only cloth province" and similar. Finally I don´t know if there could be a maximum amount owned buildings for the mission to fire, if you own all of north Italy building another university is probably not high on your prio list.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    This sounds very awesome, truth to be told. We are anxiously awaiting a first beta
    I.C.Q.= 320939641
    Watch me battle the odds, as I lead you through the Space EmpiAAR V - Shamefully ended after 53 turns by AI-empire.
    Vicky:R - Alpha Centauri - In Sleep even since Vicky².
    Ermor Rising - A Dominions 3 MP AAR
    Endless Space AAR - Der Wille zur Macht - An Endless Space AAR
    "And if we knew nothing else of Donnie D, one thing we´d know for sure. Shakespeare, he is not."

Quote Originally Posted by Bom View Post
    This looks very promising, looking forward to it!

Some small suggestion for the generic mission overhaul. The construction missions are somewhat sad today and should probably be reworked one way or the other. Making them not appear in distant oversea provinces would be a good start, perhaps a land connection to capital could be a requirement? Also adding trade goods requirement for Universities/Fine Art academies would be nice, to get rid of the annoying "build University in your only cloth province" and similar. Finally I don´t know if there could be a maximum amount owned buildings for the mission to fire, if you own all of north Italy building another university is probably not high on your prio list.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I agree that those missions are very annoying and are working on changing the requirements. For now they just give bigger bonuses when completed (e.g. 20 army/navy/cultural tradiition) though we will work on that. In the meantime, we just need to fix all the bugs and release the beta!
    Last edited by lukew; 17-07-2011 at 16:01.

If anyone has a suggestion as to how we can make it so all the cultures in India get accepted by Hindustan, we would be grateful if you could let us know. So far we've tried making HIN a cultural union tag for all of them as well as adding "culture_group_union = X" to the decision.
    Last edited by lukew; 07-05-2012 at 13:51.

Thanks for the suggestion, I agree that those missions are very annoying and are working on changing the requirements. For now they just give bigger bonuses when completed (e.g. 20 army/navy/cultural tradiition) though we will work on that. In the meantime, we just need to fix all the bugs and release the beta!
    Yeah, getting some kind of reward is a good start (the 4 star Artist is more a insult IMO). I think that it is good that some missions are better than others, not all missions should be great. What really annoys me now is getting almost only worthless missions once the Nation specific missions are done with and the construction missons are enabled.

Looking forward to the beta!

Yeah, getting some kind of reward is a good start (the 4 star Artist is more a insult IMO). I think that it is good that some missions are better than others, not all missions should be great. What really annoys me now is getting almost only worthless missions once the Nation specific missions are done with and the construction missons are enabled.

Yeah, not all missions should be great, but getting the same one continuously is just stupid. Through adding more specific missions, we've made it so the boring ones don't happen until later. We're also working on some more generic ones, such as PU nearby minor missions. We hope you enjoy the mod when it does finally come out!

Construction missions are revamped; manufactory missions should be much less common, and modifiers have been added in offsetting the tendency to get them more often as you grow. They give a 6* advisor, 20 cultural tradition and 1 base tax now, too.

Oh, and they can't fire in provinces with other manufactories' goods.

Here are some screenshots to give you a sneak peek at the Roman Empire in 'Death and Taxes'.

Last edited by lukew; 17-07-2011 at 21:55.

Will the Byzantine "revived eastern roman empire" flag be any different?

Edit: Wait nevermind, I'm thinking of a different mod lol
    Last edited by Bebo1026; 17-07-2011 at 22:38.

Will the Byzantine "revived eastern roman empire" flag be any different?

Edit: Wait nevermind, I'm thinking of a different mod lol
    Byzantium is the Eastern Roman Empire, it's just the name historians gave it. I just didn't feel the need to change it.
    Last edited by lukew; 25-07-2011 at 03:23.

Byzantium is the Eastern Roman Empire, it's just the name historians gave it. I just didn't feel the need to change it.
    Oh I know. There's another mod that allows you to rename yourself etc. as the Eastern Roman Empire out there, I just got mixed up lol, my bad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 399 1 2 3 11 26 51 76 101 ... LastLast