+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Magicka + skype = problem ?

Magicka + skype = problem ?

Hi everybody. I was hosting Adventure mod and my friends were playing with me. We were using program Skype to communicate. Everything was OK until we reached Chapter 4. Game started lagging and Skype disconnected us. We tried it again and agian. Still same problem. So anybody knows what is wrong? Thanks.

Lead and GoldMagickaMajesty II CollectionPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black Cove

Some people have said chapter 4 lags their machine.
    Did you try it without skype and see if it was skype or if it was lag?

Once we tried quit Skype during the game when it started lagging but it didn't help.

Lead and GoldMagickaMajesty II CollectionPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black Cove

Then it's probably not skype. Try changing hosts to one of the other players.

Crusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Skype in conjunction with some games is producing lags and disconnects. I see it in HoN, Magicka and Minecraft.

I'll try to run it without Skype from begining. And if we'll change hosting player what about saves? Our progress was saved in my PC.

If the new host doesn't have the save then you can send him your save file and if he copies it to the same place you should be fine.
    I don't remember where the saves are kept atm (and I'm at work so I can't check) but it should be fairly obvious.

+ Reply to Thread