• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
These guys no nothing "The siege of Kuma province took forever". From what I can see it only took a few months. I've seiged castles for years. I got the castle in the end.

These guys no nothing "The siege of Kuma province took forever". From what I can see it only took a few months. I've seiged castles for years. I got the castle in the end.

It was still a good preview... normally the previews for PI games are prefaced with like half a page of "This game is impossible", and it's nice to see someone at least try this time around.

Also, the screenshots look amazing.

so many questions in my head now after looking at this.. how many unit types are there? looking at screenshots it looks like only 2! and its infantry and cavalry with 2:1 ration between them.. is that right?.. no firearms? no division into ashigaru and samurai units? is there no variation how much cavalry can a province give compared to infantry?.. will every clan be able to have cavalry units?

I am actually playing around with sieges at the moment. Darkrenown blitzed Podcat in our MP game which isn't good either.

Even beating Takeda 3, Tatsunoshi? And that one was super-realistic.

Yep, as a strategic game. Sengoku has far more options and the character driven gameplay works great for that era of Japanese history, where surrounding yourself with capable vassals who wouldn't end up turning on you was more important to success than battlefield tactics. And thank the kami that there's no Hattori Clan. Of course, Takeda 3's tactical combat is great, especially those castle maps that are based on the actual castles, so it's still a favorite...and of course being featured as the game's only nanban general will keep it that way!

Seems like you have got a pirate in the comment section of the preview. A guy claims he's "picked up" the game...:shame:

A good preview btw, I liked the detailed walkthrough, including stupid mistakes. :D

Awesomeness = target, didn't you know?:p

Did anyone else notice that the previewer talked about plots between clans?

Had we been a little more patient in our approach, we might have been able to convince the Otomo clan to form a plot with us to attack the Kikuchi. Plots are objectives generated by the game for your clan to work toward. Each plot has a plot power that reflects the strength of the target compared with you and your plot backers. Once you reach a certain amount of plot power, you can execute the plot.

Is this like CK2's plot mechanic? And is there any more information about it?

Did anyone else notice that the previewer talked about plots between clans?

Is this like CK2's plot mechanic? And is there any more information about it?

Maybe the strings from the Sengoku plots and the CKII plots all lead back to the same puppet master...?