+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Werewolf CX: Do Cylons dream of Electric Sheep?

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdogg View Post
    I don't hate tamius' idea as far as traits are concerned. I think a WW game where traits were simply thrown about randomly for the most part could actually be very interesting.
    Admittedly, doing it with the roles would probably ruin it, but with the traits alone, it could be better.

There's no quota for each trait, so it makes it more difficult to guess them. Obviously impossible combinations, like a cursed doctor, would be filtered out.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

That is not impossible. It's a pain for the JL, sure...
    Come and hunt your fellow Paradoxians in the Werewolf Forum

What this means is that no one technically voted on the first day and we have all been auto-lynched. Since none of us were following ghost rules from that point forward, we are all banned from werewolf for life. - Cymsdale

Divine WindHeir to the ThroneSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Quote Originally Posted by randakar View Post
    Seer, Priest, Guardian Angel and Doctor can not be cursed.
    I think that makes it impossible.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club

Quote Originally Posted by tamius23 View Post
    I think that makes it impossible.
    I believed you meant absolutely, for every game.

What this means is that no one technically voted on the first day and we have all been auto-lynched. Since none of us were following ghost rules from that point forward, we are all banned from werewolf for life. - Cymsdale

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMagicka
    Sword of the Stars500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Najs View Post
    That's why you do announcements yourself. Gets them right the first time.
    I never asked for someone else to do that announcement.
    In fact, I wanted to delay the announcement for a bit on purpose.
    "Donít only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
    -- Ludwig von Beethoven

Boris ze Spider: I have a question, was this just luck, or?
    EUROO7: No, this was Randy's black magic.
    Boris ze Spider: Lesson learned, always trust Randy's black magic.

*** Current Overseer of BloodCarnage, a Dwarf Fortress Succession Game. Get dorfed today! ***

Holder of the sacred Eurobuck of Immunity

The future scares me. It should scare you too!

Professional Dilettante Vainglory's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2500k club

Oooooh! I've been away for about a day and a RANDAKAR GM'd game is up. This looks delicious.

IN!

Also, I am considering giving the leader 3 votes instead of one, once per game, instead. That would nerf it nicely.
    In CCV someone (most likely me) double counted Trespoe in a tally. I responded that he had the Mayor Daley trait and could vote twice per day. I have since wondered if a multiple-vote trait would add anything to the game or not. It would certainly be an interesting way of handling leader-lynches.
    Does It Offend You, Yeah?

200k club

Quote Originally Posted by Vainglory View Post
    In CCV someone (most likely me) double counted Trespoe in a tally. I responded that he had the Mayor Daley trait and could vote twice per day. I have since wondered if a multiple-vote trait would add anything to the game or not. It would certainly be an interesting way of handling leader-lynches.
    It was used as a sort-of mix between Hunter and Leader once; where you could have a one-time double vote; it wasn't very influential over the games it was used; but if there's a tweak to it like leader can lynch someone with a double-vote on them with a chance for consequences... could make for interesting dynamics.
    AAR Commentator and Werewolf Whackjob

"Getting paid for reading is the best way to make a living."

The best bit in that game is this PM from OY to his packmates:

OrangeYoshi: ... I'll also put in a preliminary hunt order to Hunt Oky's replacement. (THE_SPLIT if I'm not mistaken). He publicly asked for a sub, and that is slightly more common in Lite if you have some sort of important role.

This is OY putting in a hunt order on Oky's replacement, who is none other than OY.

Player list updated.
    The following people have posted in this thread but not said either "In" or "Out".
    1. marty99
    2. reis91
    (I may have missed one or two people, though.)
    "Donít only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
    -- Ludwig von Beethoven

*** Current Overseer of BloodCarnage, a Dwarf Fortress Succession Game. Get dorfed today! ***

Sorry, my plans are undefined, I might not have internet access after next week.

A quick question: what does TODO stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon XIX View Post
    A quick question: what does TODO stand for?
    To Do.

Not done yet.

200k club

Seer = Accomplished Scientist (Gaius Baltar)
    Priest = Ruthless Officer (Helena Cain)
    GA = Guiding Voices (Brain Six?)
    Sorcerer = Cylon Infiltrator (Brother Cavil)

OrangeYoshi: ... I'll also put in a preliminary hunt order to Hunt Oky's replacement. (THE_SPLIT if I'm not mistaken). He publicly asked for a sub, and that is slightly more common in Lite if you have some sort of important role.

This is OY putting in a hunt order on Oky's replacement, who is none other than OY.

HoI Anthology

in
    Olaus's death always brings me happiness. 21

- However....it seems the only guy more popular for scanning now than me is Steed - Jinnai
    - Let me also say that Steed is one paranoid bastard..., well, I can't really blame Steed - Zoston

Quote Originally Posted by tamius23 View Post
    To Do.

Not done yet.
    Yes.
    I have in mind what I want for those spots in the rules, just haven't filled them in yet.
    Yes, I am lazy.
    -- Ludwig von Beethoven

Professional Dilettante Vainglory's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Ciryandor View Post
    It was used as a sort-of mix between Hunter and Leader once; where you could have a one-time double vote; it wasn't very influential over the games it was used; but if there's a tweak to it like leader can lynch someone with a double-vote on them with a chance for consequences... could make for interesting dynamics.
    Ah, so a similar thing has been done before. I guess with three hundred games (albeit "only" 110 bigs) a lot of ideas have been attempted already.

I suppose now that you say it, I can see how 2 votes once only would be fairly limited: if your preferred candidate was down by 1 and you'd already used 1 vote then you could only tie it up, not guarantee their death. With some strategy I'd expect it would change one lynch per game, but changing one lynch isn't necessarily a game changer unless you take a hit off an important role or move it onto one. Somewhat requires the user to have more information than the village.

I'd think giving them 3 votes once off would be more useful because then in tight races they can potentially bring in a whole new contender, without being a normal leaderlynch.

This is all just thinking aloud, though. I like Randakar ruling that a leader cannot save themselves.
    Does It Offend You, Yeah?

200k club

Quote Originally Posted by Vainglory View Post
    Ah, so a similar thing has been done before. I guess with three hundred games (albeit "only" 110 bigs) a lot of ideas have been attempted already.

I suppose now that you say it, I can see how 2 votes once only would be fairly limited: if your preferred candidate was down by 1 and you'd already used 1 vote then you could only tie it up, not guarantee their death. With some strategy I'd expect it would change one lynch per game, but changing one lynch isn't necessarily a game changer unless you take a hit off an important role or move it onto one. Somewhat requires the user to have more information than the village.

I'd think giving them 3 votes once off would be more useful because then in tight races they can potentially bring in a whole new contender, without being a normal leaderlynch.

This is all just thinking aloud, though. I like Randakar ruling that a leader cannot save themselves.
    It could be very useful if it was hidden by PMing the GM that you'll use it on a night, and that it role-blocks leaders from saving the person voted for by the trait-holder. Gives a useful but situational counter to leader-lynches.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

I'm afraid I will not have internet access from Sunday through to Friday, (and my home dial-up connection is never that reliable anyway) so I won't be able to play for about a week. I should be availble after that point though, and would be happy to sub.

Finally seeing Harry Potter tonight Woop Woop!

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLegio
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordV2 BetaCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club

In.

Quote Originally Posted by marty99 View Post
    You sad, sad man.

200k clubEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLegio
    The Kings Crusade500k club

Quote Originally Posted by marty99 View Post
    I'm afraid I will not have internet access from Sunday through to Friday, (and my home dial-up connection is never that reliable anyway) so I won't be able to play for about a week. I should be availble after that point though, and would be happy to sub.

Nice!

Werewolf Amateur and Diplomacy Beginner .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My AARs at ink well.

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband

So, DandyRandakar, how does alcohol play into this? I still have a bottle of Highland Park 12y unopened, and I need to use it... Do drunk players get +1 to lives?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 29 ... LastLast