• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This sounds an awful lot like space-talk to me... :mad: If there were planets and moons and rockets and things, what would stop them from all falling down?

The same thing that keeps you from falling down? :p

Are you in?

That constitutes information :p

You are presuming I even know anything at all anymore :p

But why do you have to pick a great theme and interesting traits when I cannot in good conscience commit? With great regret, I am out

Because my turn comes up now?
I can't help the timing, really ..

I like the way the historical hunter's two abilities have been split up into two different roles, however:

Thank you.

I still think this dude should die though; also, if he survives and it's publicised, he's basically cleared, and he's certainly cleared of at least 1 pack.

It already is a bit of a nerf as it stands. I'll leave other people to nerf it further in other games. :p
I am also considering turning the offensive hunter into an item that can be passed on to other people. Mostly for flavour purposes, since I doubt people would actually use that option a lot, but *shrug*

Theme needs a Guardian Council of "The Final Five" ;)

Yeah, it does seem very appropriate. I'll need to dig up what game that trait was used in, though.

Excuse me, but WTH is a Cylon?! This thead should be locked for talking about made-up things. :mad:

[video=youtube;hvYVR6XXsHA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvYVR6XXsHA[/video]
[video=google;4380142770515441972]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4380142770515441972[/video]

Join in a game about make-believe space-baloney things like stars and planets? No thanks!

:rofl:
You do realize the theme is just a bit of flavour thrown over a werewolf game, right? ;-)
Anyway, carry on. :p

So THIS is why you left my diplomacy game...

Bastard.

Bastard.

Yes. One of the reasons, at least. I won't bore you with the others.
Also, is that "In"?

Last edited:

Bastard.

Urgently searches for the 'Like' button for this quote.. damn this isnt facebook..

Hey randy just got killed in the Lite on the first night, any chance you want to get this show on the road in the next day??? i know you cant have two bigs at the same time..but.. come on i need my FIX! :p

Urgently searches for the 'Like' button for this quote.. damn this isnt facebook..

Hey randy just got killed in the Lite on the first night, any chance you want to get this show on the road in the next day??? i know you cant have two bigs at the same time..but.. come on i need my FIX! :p

No one that is currently alive in that big game could join this until that game is over. Best to wait until that is over.

In

I shall make a post in the new WW game up thread for you. I missed this as I spend all my time looking at my subscribed threads :p

Also, here's my idea for something to go along with the theme:

Each player has, say 1 in 6 chance to be a wolf of pack A, 1 in 6 chance to be wolf of pack B, 10% chance to be cultist, 5% chance to be sorceror, 5% chance to be a seer, and so on, they are mutually exclusive.

Then they have a ~10% chance to have trait A, 10% chance to have trait B, etc. These are not mutually exclusive.

You use a site like random.org to pick a number between 1 and 100 for the role, then another number for each trait.

You make no guarantees about roles, so there could be four priests, or unbalanced packs.

I've been thinking about this for a while, and I wanted to GM a big game with the tamius twist as outlined above, but I don't think I'll be able to.

I also assume that this will not begin until the ongoing one is over, as I'm still alive, despite having my identity showed ~day 3!

What do you think of my twist?

-Tami

I will also try and think up some new roles.

Okay, here's how you'd do it:

A player has an:
11% chance of being a Pack 1 wolf
11% chance of being a Pack 2 wolf
11% chance of being a Pack 3 wolf
3% chance of being a priest
5% chance of being a cultist
3% chance of being a seer
3% chance of being a sorceror
3% chance of being a GA
3% chance of being a doctor
thus 47% chance of being a villager.

Traits:

First you randomise who is to be a leader, 2nd in command, and 3rd in command (and so on)
Then each player has a 10% chance to be SA, a 3% chance to be a witness, a 3% chance to be a thief, a 3% chance to be a spy, a 3% chance to be a spiritual witness, a 7% chance to be cursed, a 5% chance to be blessed, a 5% chance to be brutal, a 3% chance to be a hunter and a 3% chance to be a martial artist.

Obviously, if a player gets a role like GA, then they cannot be cursed, so skip over it.

So first you get 32 random numbers (I assume 32, otherwise fewer) to decide the roles:

random.org said:

If the number is between 0 and 11, they are pack 1, 12 and 22, pack 2, and so on.

So the roles would be:

Wolf, pack 1
cultist
guardian angel
villager
Wolf, pack 1
Wolf, pack 1
villager
Wolf, pack 1
villager
cultist
villager
villager
villager
seer
villager
villager
villager
Wolf, pack 3
Wolf, pack 1
Wolf, pack 1
villager
seer
villager
villager
villager
villager
guardian angel
villager
villager
wolf, pack 3

Then you do the chance to be cursed, and ignore those ineligible, such as wolves:

random.org said:

Players 1, 29 and 21 would be cursed, but 1 is a wolf, 29 is a GA, and 29 is a seer. Alternatively, you could just pick from those eligible. Or move up the possibility.

You order your 32 numbers to determine the leader through 32nd in command:

etc

first three were 6, 29 and 5, and those would be leader through 3rd in command. Keep the rest of the sequence.

You then roll for each of the other traits, and hand them out.

Do you like it?

Last edited:
Such a shame...

Do you believe werewolf has no replay value, and is in need of a drastic overhaul to keep the game interesting?

I...

I would like to see a little twist on Big.

Little twists are fine, though the GM must be careful of what "little" twists he makes, as they can have far-reaching consequences.

Roles should be handed out randomly, yes, but you should only hand out a balanced number of each role. For the GM to take his hand out of the matter and simply allow a game to go unbalanced is not a "twist", it is a failure to do his duty as a GM and make the game a fair and enjoyable experience for everyone playing.

For example: How fun do you suppose it would be if you were handed "wolf, pack 3" under that game's setup? A pack of 2 vs a pack of 6?

Or another example: What happens if both of those GA's get in contact with each other.

rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb

Well, the GA can't protect the same person twice in a row

And if you were a pack 3 wolf then you are similar to pack 1 only you have more influence over who gets hunted. It's more likely you'd hunt a wolf of pack 1 than normal, but you should still end up killing some villagers/goodies.

tulip tulip tulip

I will defer to the judgement of experienced players. Part of your system may very well be useful or interesting, but it requires more thought and more GM involvement than simply running a RNG and accepting whatever comes up.