• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't hate tamius' idea as far as traits are concerned. I think a WW game where traits were simply thrown about randomly for the most part could actually be very interesting.

Admittedly, doing it with the roles would probably ruin it, but with the traits alone, it could be better.

There's no quota for each trait, so it makes it more difficult to guess them. Obviously impossible combinations, like a cursed doctor, would be filtered out.

That's why you do announcements yourself. Gets them right the first time.

I never asked for someone else to do that announcement.
In fact, I wanted to delay the announcement for a bit on purpose.

Oooooh! I've been away for about a day and a RANDAKAR GM'd game is up. This looks delicious.

IN!

Also, I am considering giving the leader 3 votes instead of one, once per game, instead. That would nerf it nicely.

In CCV someone (most likely me) double counted Trespoe in a tally. I responded that he had the Mayor Daley trait and could vote twice per day. I have since wondered if a multiple-vote trait would add anything to the game or not. It would certainly be an interesting way of handling leader-lynches.

In CCV someone (most likely me) double counted Trespoe in a tally. I responded that he had the Mayor Daley trait and could vote twice per day. I have since wondered if a multiple-vote trait would add anything to the game or not. It would certainly be an interesting way of handling leader-lynches.

It was used as a sort-of mix between Hunter and Leader once; where you could have a one-time double vote; it wasn't very influential over the games it was used; but if there's a tweak to it like leader can lynch someone with a double-vote on them with a chance for consequences... could make for interesting dynamics.

Player list updated.
The following people have posted in this thread but not said either "In" or "Out".
  1. marty99
  2. reis91
(I may have missed one or two people, though.)

Seer = Accomplished Scientist (Gaius Baltar)
Priest = Ruthless Officer (Helena Cain)
GA = Guiding Voices (Brain Six?)
Sorcerer = Cylon Infiltrator (Brother Cavil)

in

To Do.

Not done yet.

Yes.
I have in mind what I want for those spots in the rules, just haven't filled them in yet.
Yes, I am lazy.

It was used as a sort-of mix between Hunter and Leader once; where you could have a one-time double vote; it wasn't very influential over the games it was used; but if there's a tweak to it like leader can lynch someone with a double-vote on them with a chance for consequences... could make for interesting dynamics.

Ah, so a similar thing has been done before. I guess with three hundred games (albeit "only" 110 bigs) a lot of ideas have been attempted already.

I suppose now that you say it, I can see how 2 votes once only would be fairly limited: if your preferred candidate was down by 1 and you'd already used 1 vote then you could only tie it up, not guarantee their death. With some strategy I'd expect it would change one lynch per game, but changing one lynch isn't necessarily a game changer unless you take a hit off an important role or move it onto one. Somewhat requires the user to have more information than the village.

I'd think giving them 3 votes once off would be more useful because then in tight races they can potentially bring in a whole new contender, without being a normal leaderlynch.

This is all just thinking aloud, though. I like Randakar ruling that a leader cannot save themselves.

Ah, so a similar thing has been done before. I guess with three hundred games (albeit "only" 110 bigs) a lot of ideas have been attempted already.

I suppose now that you say it, I can see how 2 votes once only would be fairly limited: if your preferred candidate was down by 1 and you'd already used 1 vote then you could only tie it up, not guarantee their death. With some strategy I'd expect it would change one lynch per game, but changing one lynch isn't necessarily a game changer unless you take a hit off an important role or move it onto one. Somewhat requires the user to have more information than the village.

I'd think giving them 3 votes once off would be more useful because then in tight races they can potentially bring in a whole new contender, without being a normal leaderlynch.

This is all just thinking aloud, though. I like Randakar ruling that a leader cannot save themselves.

It could be very useful if it was hidden by PMing the GM that you'll use it on a night, and that it role-blocks leaders from saving the person voted for by the trait-holder. Gives a useful but situational counter to leader-lynches.

I'm afraid I will not have internet access from Sunday through to Friday, (and my home dial-up connection is never that reliable anyway) so I won't be able to play for about a week. I should be availble after that point though, and would be happy to sub.

Finally seeing Harry Potter tonight Woop Woop! :D

I'm afraid I will not have internet access from Sunday through to Friday, (and my home dial-up connection is never that reliable anyway) so I won't be able to play for about a week. I should be availble after that point though, and would be happy to sub.

Finally seeing Harry Potter tonight Woop Woop! :D

Nice!

So, DandyRandakar, how does alcohol play into this? I still have a bottle of Highland Park 12y unopened, and I need to use it... Do drunk players get +1 to lives?