• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

King171717

Second Lieutenant
21 Badges
Mar 30, 2010
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • March of the Eagles
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Pride of Nations
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
I have recently bought FTM. I have been playing HOI3 off and on for the last year. I have alway done army as manual command. I feel bogged down after a while manual contorl all of these units. So i am now trying ai control of them. I do not understand how to use it and it ends up me watching the computer play against it self. Is there any way i can do army manueroves with ai control? I am looking for any input with dealing with this system.
Thanks

Reactions:
Is there any way i can do army manueroves with ai control?
Well, I don't have FtM just yet, but I find the AI quite useful at the army level.

Like you, I don't want to micro-manage every thing, while still having some control of what's happening. With Army AI (and small, 8-16 division armies rather than the 25 division monsters that some advocate) and manual control of most air assets I find that I get just that.

Just conducted the German invasion of Poland (with the HPP mod, but it doesn’t really matter). I concentrated my armour in two armies, had them on blitzing stance and gave them objectives first west/southwest of Warsaw and then east/south east of the same city. My infantry armies were more cautiously ordered to attack various other places in Poland.

Thus, I managed to cut of and surround first western Poland and then Warsaw. Went rather well.

In the mean time, my AI controlled western theatre went haywire when the war stared and begun redeploying divisions for the southern parts of the border to France. Grr ... But I transferred armies from Poland to the west and soon enough I had a rather nice number of French divisions surrounded in Austria. Heh, Fall Gelb tomorrow is going to be easy.

Reactions: