+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sidhe pathways- how does it work?

sidhe pathways- how does it work?

I have researched both the pathway that lets you use stones and strongholds to transport.

But how do I use it? I an at exceter at the bottom, and need to get back to Virconium.

Thanks.

Researched, as in you built the buildings in the Strongholds?

If you've built them on both ends, send your troops to a Stronghold with the building then right click on the unit. An option should be available to teleport which brings up a map with the various stones and other enabled strongholds to transport to. Traveling to stones is a one way trip however, I don't believe you can travel from stones back to a Stronghold or to another stone.

I have to create a pathway in both strongholds? Crap. Didn't know that.

As far as stones, will any stones work, or only certian ones?

THanks for the help.

72 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyDiplomacyHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by abadgaem View Post
    Researched, as in you built the buildings in the Strongholds?

If you've built them on both ends, send your troops to a Stronghold with the building then right click on the unit. An option should be available to teleport which brings up a map with the various stones and other enabled strongholds to transport to. Traveling to stones is a one way trip however, I don't believe you can travel from stones back to a Stronghold or to another stone.
    You can use stones to teleport around if you have at least one Sidhe Pathway, with one exception: It's impossible to right-click anywhere in Bedegraine Forest, so teleporting to the two stones there is a one-way trip.

Quote Originally Posted by conanthelibrari View Post
    I have to create a pathway in both strongholds? Crap. Didn't know that.

As far as stones, will any stones work, or only certian ones?

THanks for the help.
    You don't need Pathways in both strongholds. For example, if I had a Pathway in Norfolk's Stronghold but not in the Welsh one, I could teleport to Wales from Norfolk but I wouldn't be able to teleport back.

You can use any stone, but be careful: Swamps look very similar to Standing Stones on the map.
    An AAR: The Very Secret Diaries of the Roman Emperors (CK) - abandoned
    A guide: Artifacts, Knights, Ladies, Skills and Traits Guide for King Arthur the Roleplaying Wargame
    A project: LibrAARian of the Knights of Honor LibrAARy - Updated 11th Sep 2011
    View my profile on Backloggery!

I think i get it now as far as strongholds.

eightdeer are you saying that I can't use swamp stones? Can I use stones in other kings territories? Will it let me go to any stone on the map?

I am really digging the Druids expansion. More fun than the saxon one I think, although I liked it to.

Thanks again.

72 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyDiplomacyHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

To answer your questions: No, only Standing Stones can be used for teleportation. Yes, you *can* use stones in other kingdoms, but be careful because entering another king's lands usually starts a war. Yes, you can teleport to any Standing Stone on the map.

Disclaimer: I've only ever played the original campaign. The expansions might have different rules about teleporting, but I don't think they do.
    An AAR: The Very Secret Diaries of the Roman Emperors (CK) - abandoned
    A guide: Artifacts, Knights, Ladies, Skills and Traits Guide for King Arthur the Roleplaying Wargame
    A project: LibrAARian of the Knights of Honor LibrAARy - Updated 11th Sep 2011
    View my profile on Backloggery!

Restricted access until e-mail confirmed
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourKing Arthur IIMajesty 2Majesty II Collection
    Pirates of Black CoveRome GoldSword of the StarsRome: Vae Victis

Berlin, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany, 109486955737943, Berlin

the teleport icon does not show

- I have build sacred meadows and sidhe pathways in my stronghold
    - i move my army into the stronghold
    - i right click on the army
    - but the teleport icon does not show??

What am I doind wrong here? Do I need to meet any other requirement (skills and stuff, may only certain units teleport)?

Everybody busy expecting part II?

Can nobody help me here. I am kind of stuck here :/.

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasHearts of Iron IIIKing Arthur IILead and GoldThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Semper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Send a savedgame and I'll check it as soon as I can. Just tried it with my game and works, so it would be nice to see why it's not OK at your side.

I sent you a message.

+ Reply to Thread