• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

kazoo

Second Lieutenant
24 Badges
Jan 17, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion
  • Darkest Hour
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
I am starting a dedicated thread for my SKIF style icons for DH Full.

The icon packs are based on the original SKIF icons, and some of my own work for the Arma CORE mod. In order to fill up the model lists, I have produced a lot of new icons as well.

For some of the army icons, I have used the icons from DH in different backgrounds (and some very minor changes). I have received a go ahead from the DH team to share these icons. Airforce and navy icons are based mainly on other images.

Credit to Krystoff, Scyth, and Bebro for their excellent work with the original SKIF icons:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?236771-SKIF-icons-for-HoI2-amp-DD&daysprune=-1

Also credit to General_Grant for providing some ww1 icons and icons for some minor nations, and to Van der Gent, whose work I have also used.

BIG credit to koenig (the creator of Mod33), who is the creator of the original DH images.

Note that the use of these icons should be restricted to Darkest Hour Full ONLY.

Installation is easy, simply unpack the images into your ...\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full\gfx\interface folder. The (optional) models.csv file go into the ...\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full\config folder. Remember to backup the original files in case something goes wrong.

The full set covers almost every nation in the ww2 scenario, and has adequate coverage for the ww1 scenario as well. Of course, it is not possible to have icons for every possible model of every possible nation, but the pack consists of more than 10 000 icons, which should be quite satisfactory.

A note on the new models.csv-file I've put together: it ties things together in a better way imho and adds a lot of minor nation models, but this is of course optional to use. The icons should work ok without it.

Patreon link (for support only, the mod is completely free): patreon.com/user?u=83968531

can_model_1_3.png
eng_model_15_0.png
fra_model_15_12.png
GER_model_4_2.png
ita_model_12_4.png
jap_model_22_3.png
pol_model_0_6.png
sov_model_5_7.png
U08_model_1_2.png
USA_model_0_3.png

Download links:

DH Full:
Full set:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jf9fgun8wfvfo4t/models.zip/file

models.csv:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6uy3jmzk76carjf/models.csv/file

WiF2 mod special forces pack (not updated regularly): http://www.mediafire.com/?r2a789i7ybm26k3

Feedback is of course much appreciated.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
The second set I've made is an adoption of my icons and some others to the Kaiserreich mod.
blrmodel08.pngcanmodel145.pngausmodel213.pnglatmodel95.pngcsamodel1210.pngcsxmodel231.png

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?z4dx93x3b78i3uc

Features:
5733 icons
Covers all major nations and most of their puppets/revolters
Covers some minor nations partly or fully
Conversion of my DH full set to fit KR
Enhancement of some old KR SKIF icons
New icons made exclusively for this set

Installation: unzip to your \Darkest Hour\Mods\Kaiserreich for DH 1.3\gfx\interface folder.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Ah, thanks for making your own thread. The icon set really adds a large amount of flavor for me, and combined with Francesco's mod makes DH look like an entirely new game. :)

Downloading now and I will test in the game tomorrow, but for the pictures... PERFECT!

Thanks for create this... I'm lovin' it!! :p

The UK pack says that it's unavailable. Any chance for it to be reuploaded?

Done :)

Oh I missed this! Thank you! I am eagerly awaiting for the packed version with all majors in! :)
One question, what is this alternative models file for?

Well, I was a bit dissapointed when I read in the 1.01-version of the file that not all models where properly numbered. For instance, some jet aircraft where numbered as propeller aircraft models and vice versa. Maybe this is fixed in 1.01.1? Also, a lot of the minors lacked any models for aircraft and/or ships. To rectify this I made my own list, and figured I would share it to go along with the icons. The icons can definitely be used without it, but some (few) models might get the wrong icon.

Btw, thanks for all the positive criticism, makes me motivated to continue :)

THESE ARE AMAZING! I love them. Have them all installed and it makes the game look great. Thank you so much!

Would it be possible for you to please please do a USA set soon? The original DH had very few USA models and I was a bit disappointed that there were no models for the Sherman Tank or P51 Mustang. For crying out loud (One of the most produced tanks in the war for mulitple countries and the generally considered all around best fighter aircraft of the war) those machines should be represented heavily in the game imho.

Lastly, some feedback or more so something that I noticed and definitely something I can live with. Did you know that your CV-4 model is a picture of carrier with monoplane taking off and your CV-5 model has an older looking biplane on the deck? I know the British used biplane Fairey Swordfish throughout the war but to me it looked like I was going back in technology one level when going from one to the next.

Still they're great. A big thank you :D

Lastly, some feedback or more so something that I noticed and definitely something I can live with. Did you know that your CV-4 model is a picture of carrier with monoplane taking off and your CV-5 model has an older looking biplane on the deck? I know the British used biplane Fairey Swordfish throughout the war but to me it looked like I was going back in technology one level when going from one to the next.

Still they're great. A big thank you :D

Thanks for noticing this, these are original SKIF icons so I didn't think of this detail. I'll just swap them and upload a new pack.

To all: The order of the future work for the next few weeks will be: Japan, Soviet Union, United States, minor nations.