+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VALID Steam keys are showing up INVALID

Unhappy VALID Steam keys are showing up INVALID

I tried registering my new purchase of Magicka. I know about entering the key in xxxx-xxxx etc mode with the last digit being left out. Problem is, I bought the complete Magicka pack, and when I attempt to register with the key entered as you guys describe it, I am still getting INVALID key. I have checked and rechecked many times and I get the same problem.
    PLEASE fix this.

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

I alerted the authorities, let's see what the problem is. It's not the first time that Steam and Paradox forum keys don't like each other...

EDIT: there is a thread on this in the Forum Help section, but it seems there is no solution there yet... http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ka-Key-Invalid.
    Last edited by safferli; 11-07-2011 at 21:25.
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Byzantophile 1st Class Pellucid's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldLegioMagickaMajesty 2
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Same here.
    A huge thank you to CatKnight who graciously gave me my shiny 200K Club icon!

It seems the keys are now ready to go:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallocain View Post
    It works now, sorry about the delay.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesEU3 Collectors Edition

Still does not work for me.

Producer Paradox Dev Team Kallocain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pellucid View Post
    Are you sure you are entering it according to the instructions right below?

Quote Originally Posted by Pellucid View Post
    Did you drop the last key? Steam still gives 25-digit keys, I believe.

--

It's not working for me either.
    I followed the instructions

I had it to before yesterday (i bougth it sunday)
    Today it worked to enter ... maybe there was some latency from steam to transmet the code range used ...
    or it was minuscules ... today i tryed with minuscules and it worked ... one way or another, give it a try all of you who hade no key worked

I figured this one out, the way STEAM splits the product key up is invalid. You need to make sure you are splitting it up 4 Alphanumeric numbers at a time. Steam has 5 alphanumeric characters per hyphen so the key goes in wrong on the web site here. So reconfigure the key in 4 each and plug it in like that and remember to drop the last letter/number.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallocain View Post
    Are you sure you are entering it according to the instructions right below?
    OK I figured it out, my eyes epic failed to read the instructions properly.

+ Reply to Thread