+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rebirth of Rome- An Alternative Scenario Mod

Rebirth of Rome- An Alternative Scenario Mod

Rebirth of Rome
    A Mod for EU3 Divine Wind
    Download:Mirror 1 Mirror 2

I present here a small modification based on the hypothetical rebirth of the Western Roman Empire.

Included is a new country called 'Roma' and various events, decisions and missions to go with it including:
    -Decisions to change tag to Roma, one for Byzantines and one for Italian countries.
    -A special 'Roman Imperialism' decision. This grants Roma the Imperialism Casus Belli but has other consequences such as increased risk of Civil War.
    -A special Roman Civil war event chain based on the vanilla one, with scaled level of revolts according to army size.
    -The senate can seize control during a civil war and proclaim a new governmental form: 'Senatorial Republic'.
    -The ability to rename Italian provinces into their old Roman Latin Names.

Additionally included is an alternative scenario 'Rebirth of Rome': (bookmarked in country select page).

Roma in the grip of Civil War:

The conditions for Italian countries and the Byzantines to form Roma:

Any comments/suggestions welcomed, especially new events/decisions/missions or the difficulty of the Civil War event chain which I havent been able to test that rigorously.

Download:Mirror 1 Mirror 2

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This looks like an interesting idea and I'm always interested in Imperial Rome, but why have you added Italy and made Sicily into an early-game power?
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

Good question. In this alternative history i decided that it was the French rather than the Germans who gained influence other northern Italy, hence I have made Italy and Savoy french cultured and removed them from the HRE. I then also decided that the Normans conquered the Levant rather than southern Italy, so you have a Norman cultured Kingdom of Jerusalem. This then left the Muslims of North Africa to encroach into Southern Italy and when the Fatimid caliphate declined a Sultanate based in Sicily emerged. The Papal State had control of central Italy and the people of Roma have rebelled! I also enlarged the Byzantines for good measure, just so Roma has a friend

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'm assuming you did that to remove the OPM soup in northern Italy and to remove the HRE as a constant threat from advancing there?

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Madrid, Región histórica de Castilla, Confederación Ibérica, Europa
    It looks glorious

*Downloading~

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Its a good idea, but it doesnt make sense for the Eastern half - they viewed and saw themselves as the Roman Empire. THere is no need for them to change to Roma.
    Nationality - American
    Ethnicity - American
    Religion - Sikh
    Political Ideology - Anti-Communist, Raj America

Arakhor- exactly. This way France tends to ally with Italy rather than gobbling all the OPMs, so Northern Italy stays safer from invasion for longer.

IconOfEvi- I did consider this, not including a separate decision for the Byzantines. However I try viewing it as the Byzantines reasserting their rights to the western half of the Empire, i.e. France, Spain, Italy e.t.c . The Holy Roman Empire , as I understand it, saw themselves as the successors in the west so this is basically the Byzantines trying to put them in their place! Perhaps the tag change is not too accurate as they did call themselves the Roman Empire anyway, this just makes it clear to everyone.

One other thing I didnt mention is that I changed the Holy War CB, some ideas borrowed from miscmods. You can get it in the following ways:
    -You are catholic, orthodox, muslim, hindu or pagan
    -You are christian or muslim and the target owns Judea
    -You are christian and the target owns Rome
    -You are muslim and the target owns Mecca
    -The target is the target of a crusade
    -You can gain the liberation of faith CB on the target
    -You are a muslim Theocracy
    -You are defender of the faith and the target is either large or a neighbour.
    -You have unum sanctum and the target is large
    -Plus the Ottomans can obtain it on targets in the balkans and vice versa.

I find this tends to slow wild Iberian expansion in the med, but not entirely!

This look very much like something I was about to make myself. I will just try and play it a couple of times to see how it feels. Thx a lot for it =)

But Byzantium is the (Eastern) Roman Empire and the HRE sees itself as the (Western) Roman Empire.
    "'The beginning of evil is heedlessness."
    -Abba Poemen, Apophthegmata Patrum

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Skullheadhq View Post
    But Byzantium is the (Eastern) Roman Empire and the HRE sees itself as the (Western) Roman Empire.
    Everyone knows that the Holy Roman Empire was nor Holy nor Roman. Or maybe it's just a bad joke I made.
    Blood And Fire NOT Fire And Blood! - A Game of Thrones AAR where Valyrians may not have such an easy time conquering Westeros! (In progress)

I think that Voltaire beat you to that comment by at least 200 years.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Nice mod, are there any updates coming?
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

Possibly, although im not working on one atm. If I were going to update it id refine the civil war chain and add some more roman province renamings. Am fair few people seem to have downloaded it so i think i will come back to it eventually.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Why is every single freakin' mod an RAR file?! Man my life sucks!
    All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness.
    ~Mark Kennedy~

just get winrar. It's free if you use the trial version.

Quote Originally Posted by Qymaen View Post
    Why is every single freakin' mod an RAR file?! Man my life sucks!
    http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

WinRar is free and easy to use and the trial is not limited. Any problems with it you can PM me if you like.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

One question, why is Italy's primary culture Occitain? Souldn't it be Lombard? :/

youre link isnt working! it looks awesome and i really want to play it!
    and by the way, i thought the HRE thought it really was the heir to "Rome", and not just the western half.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangku View Post
    just get winrar. It's free if you use the trial version.
    Quote Originally Posted by knuckey View Post
    http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

WinRar is free and easy to use and the trial is not limited. Any problems with it you can PM me if you like.
    Thanks guys. I'll give it a try. Good thing it's Labor Day Weekend.
    All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness.
    ~Mark Kennedy~

Quote Originally Posted by Timberjack View Post
    One question, why is Italy's primary culture Occitain? Souldn't it be Lombard? :/
    I decided in this alternative history that northern italy was more of a french sphere of influence rather than german (i.e. HRE) . This way France is more likely ally with/protect Italy. perhaps with this aim in mind it should be cosmopolitain_french instead.

Quote Originally Posted by keytool View Post
    youre link isnt working! it looks awesome and i really want to play it!
    it seems to be working to me, perhaps it reached a bandwidth limit when you tried. Post again if it is still not working for you and ill upload it elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by keytool View Post
    and by the way, i thought the HRE thought it really was the heir to "Rome", and not just the western half.
    Well if you take that view surely it is more of an incentive for the Byzantines to crush the HRE, seeing as both claim to be Roman Emperor. Im not aiming for total historical accuracy anyway, being an alt history mod.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast