Thread: Questions about Paradox give away and WIA patch numbers

Questions about Paradox give away and WIA patch numbers

Thank you very much Paradox for the gift,

I bought WIA some time ago, now I've reinstalled it on a new computer, the update patch tool ingame seem to patch it up to 1.06 but AGEOD forums show a 1.07 available and even a 1.08 beta. What's happening here? Is it necessary to download the patch manually? Or it's actually correct and just showing wrong version number?

Please, can someone confirm how to be sure of my installed version or how to proceed?

Also, I received the gift from Paradox, as I own the game already can I give it away to a friend? I guess it's no problem but then, how long will be possible to activate the link?

Thank you in advance.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultElven Legacy Collection
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIMagickaSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane500k club

I'm not an expert but I think I can help. The game should download the 1.08 patch if you press the in-game patch button. Note that it will still download the patch, even if it is already patched to 1.08. If you are getting the 1.06 patch then ??? Maybe there are different servers for different parts of the world? Note that the latest 1.08 patch is also at Gamersgate, as well as the manual and serial number. Go into you account and bring up your game to see the links.

As for giving the game to a friend, if you mean the Gamersgate one then, there is a link for that too. As long as you haven't downloaded the game nor looked at the serial number (by clicking on it) then it can be gifted. It's easy to find this info with Bing, Google, Yahoo, etc. but here is the link: http://www.gamersgate.com/info/faq just click on Gifts.

If instead you mean you wish to gift your original game, then I suggest the forum isn't the place to do it but try contacting their support: http://www.paradox.com/Support/
    No good deed ever goes unpunished!

Many thanks for your answer SirRight, the update button ingame seems wasn't working properly in my 1.06 installation, you are correct Gamersgate offered the 1.08 and AGEOD forum even stating you were going to download 1.07 gives you the 1.08 too.

Regarding the WIA given away at last Paradox newsletter, I know Gamersgate offers the option to give away games but if I redeem the code myself there, are you sure it will not add it to my games? I can't give away my original because that's the one I'm already using, so Gamersgate don't gives me the option to give it away.

Can someone help?

Cheers.

For the record, when you register the key given away by Paradox at Gamersgate there is still the chance to give the game to a friend.

Cheers.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultElven Legacy Collection
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIMagickaSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane500k club

Sorry I didn't respond but for some reason I didn't receive an email when there was a response to this thread. Glad everything worked out well for you.

Cheers.
    No good deed ever goes unpunished!

Hey SirRight! no problem it happened to me too, to receive a warning of a thread update you must subscribe to the thread first but also in your subscribed threads list activate the warnings and select the frequency.

Hope it helps, cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by OBF View Post
    Many thanks for your answer SirRight, the update button ingame seems wasn't working properly in my 1.06 installation, you are correct Gamersgate offered the 1.08 and AGEOD forum even stating you were going to download 1.07 gives you the 1.08 too.

Regarding the WIA given away at last Paradox newsletter, I know Gamersgate offers the option to give away games but if I redeem the code myself there, are you sure it will not add it to my games? I can't give away my original because that's the one I'm already using, so Gamersgate don't gives me the option to give it away.

Can someone help?

Cheers.
    After 1.06, the "in-game" autopatch is no longer ffunctional.
    Several reasons, but the biggest reasons are: lack of dev time to rewrite the code to accomodate nerrew language verrsions and lack of support time preparing and uploading the file structure for the auto-update (it does not simply use the same patch executable as the downloadable patch)

Latest official WIA patch is at http://www.ageod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=199
    Also at the AGEOD forums is the WIA beta patch....
    AGEOD volunteer
    AGEOD Coordinator
    AGEOD Script writer for RoP, VGN, WIA

Thanks for the confirmation lodilefty, very much appreciated.

That helped me as well. thanks!