Thread: guys put it back to Q2 2012

guys put it back to Q2 2012

not go to see Salem in 2011

Was that unfounded prediction really worth a new thread?

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    I think he's trying to tell us that the official homepage has set back the release date to Q2/2012: http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/salem
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

This most likley means that they found out that pvp and f2p dont match and just want to let salem die without getting to much media attention...

I put my money on this never getting done at all

sad thing is that this game had a hell lot potential but its now as dead as charlie sheens career

Im in the industry myself belive me when i tell you if you put something back for more than a half year there is some serious issue with something, if you are not one of the big devlopers/Publishers you cant just afford it and anything that includes server side netcode is way more manpower intense than a single player game.

I hope you are true but i doubt it simply by the facts:

a) it has not been comunicated at all that its release date had been pushed back.

b) no marketing or hype generating whatsoever if you have an MMO to come you live from the hype you generate, which is even more valid if you plan to go onto f2p.
    Boxed games can make profit via initial box sales but f2p lives from it beeing hyped as much as possible.

c) It had no ingame footage handed out since the initial footage went online ( which was from a very early alpha / prototype build ) if this game is in devlopment fully for at least a year there would be some ingame footage afloat to generate some interest.

Paradox either has the worst marketing department in the world or this game is as dead as it can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyalha View Post
    Paradox either has the worst marketing department in the world or...

... well... I learned about PI on a forum for another online game. Their marketing has a long way to go before it is GEICO-esque.

I'd be really sad if this game was cancelled. This'll be one heck of a social experiment.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDungeonlandLead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2StarvoidThe Showdown EffectWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club

Aw...Q2 2012...*Makes a super sad face.*

Private

Quote Originally Posted by Keyalha View Post
    This most likley means that they found out that pvp and f2p dont match and just want to let salem die without getting to much media attention...
    pvp and f2p don't match? did you play Haven and Hearth?

High Priestess of Paradox Susana's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacyDungeonlandEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    ImpireThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses

Just found this thread so I guess we should post something before speculations start running wild. :-)

The release date was communicated VERY early, around announcement, and as such it's usually more of a projected time than a fixed release date set in stone. It's fairly tricky to lock down a realistic release date in the beginning of a proejct, but you can make a projection. Now that we have a better grasp of what we are aiming for, the "external" relaese date has also been adjusted to match that. We'll be including Salem in our GamesCom press conference and plan to start a first small BETA in September, more info to follow around the time of the press conference.

Hope this helps to answer some questions.

Kind regards
    Susana

Thanks for the response.

Also good to hear PI will be at GamesCom. You guys will have a booth?

Quote Originally Posted by Demki View Post
    pvp and f2p don't match? did you play Haven and Hearth?
    Do they earn money with H&H? no

Do they need to earn money with salem ? yes

so dont compare what is not comparable...

H&H make no cash and top you see news on server dieing fix it but cost of people chars but not ask people to pay or buy stuff so people do not pay so guys runing game do not give a poop
    salem go to ask people to pay for it by buy stuff or a fee

High Priestess of Paradox Susana's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacyDungeonlandEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    ImpireThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses

Quote Originally Posted by Romtos View Post
    Thanks for the response.

Also good to hear PI will be at GamesCom. You guys will have a booth?
    Yes, but only in the business section :-(. However, you just gave me an idea. We are going to have a Beergarten party one of the evenings, maybe we should invite a few forumites to that? Let's see hwo we could do that logistically.

Kind regards
    Susana

Quote Originally Posted by Susana View Post
    Yes, but only in the business section :-(.
    I guess the business section is only accessible by press/devs/etc? That's a big shame. I guess there'll be a lot of fans hoping to check you guys out. Magna Mundi will have a stand, open for everyone.
    However, you just gave me an idea. We are going to have a Beergarten party one of the evenings, maybe we should invite a few forumites to that? Let's see hwo we could do that logistically.
    That is a cool idea. I'd prefer a booth as well, but if that is out of the question, the Biergarten party is a nice alternative.

now move to 2012 q1