+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Basileus - How do I get it?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Basileus - How do I get it?

'Basileus' - Restore the Byzantine Empire to historical border (1399)

Allright, wich historical border are we talking about here? Theres so many historical borders there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:By..._animated2.gif

is it the territorrial borders of Justinian I's Byzantine empire?

Anyway here is my current empire, and im not really sure who shall be losing his head next.
    Its probably Tripoli though.

EDIT: NEW MAP OF NEWLY CONQUERED PROVINCES:

Last edited by J0kk3; 10-07-2011 at 16:20.

Lt. General
    EU3 Collectors Edition

You can find all the achivements in achivements.txt. If you haven't had it happen yet, you probably need that province owned by Moldavia.

Code:
    #'Basileus' - Restore the Byzantine Empire to historical border (1399)
    BASILEUS = 
    {
    	possible = {
    		start_date = 1399.10.14
    		tag = BYZ
    	}

happened = {
    		owns = 142
    		owns = 143
    		owns = 144
    		owns = 145
    		owns = 146
    		owns = 147
    		owns = 148
    		owns = 149
    		owns = 150
    		owns = 151
    		owns = 159
    		owns = 163
    		owns = 164
    		owns = 285
    		owns = 316
    		owns = 317
    		owns = 318
    		owns = 319
    		owns = 320
    		owns = 321
    		owns = 322
    		owns = 323
    		owns = 324
    		owns = 325
    		owns = 326
    		owns = 328
    		owns = 329
    		owns = 330
    		owns = 1764
    		owns = 1773
    		owns = 1765
    	}
    }

Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight

Thanks, that helps a bit. The problem is that I dont know what provinces have what numbers though

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

You can find the province numbers and the name off the provinces in the history/provinces folder.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

It would help a lot if you could actually see things like this in the game. Like it does with the missions or decisions where it actually shows the prerequisites for each of them. . .

The province you're missing seems to be Silistria.

Thank you! You sure its not Tripoli though? (dont have time to look up all the province id now)
    Just got my infamy down from 101, so its time for another war now. :P

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

You just need the provinces you start out with a core on. Here's my byzantine campaign when I got the achievement. Though there's a bit extra provinces (especially in Italy) that aren't needed.

Rome is province 118 and isn't listed, so it seems like it means the East Roman Empire borders, roughly this:

http://images.wikia.com/totalwar/ima...htblue5B5D.png

Edit: Oh, well, I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Helios Panoptes View Post
    Rome is province 118 and isn't listed, so it seems like it means the East Roman Empire borders, roughly this:

http://images.wikia.com/totalwar/ima...htblue5B5D.png

Edit: Oh, well, I was wrong.
    So it seems moldavia needs to disappear.
    I'll just take Tripoli too for the fun of it. Might start a coalition against me, but i've survived many of those before. And hell...France is my ally too so bring it on!

Theres only one problem though...Russia has formed and I dont like the thought of going to war with them :P
    Meh i'll solve it somehow.

Thanks!

EDIT: I got Tunisia, Tripoli, and that part from russia (moldavia on the picture) still no achievement)
    Last edited by J0kk3; 10-07-2011 at 15:14.

That's strange, I'm pretty sure looking at that picture you were only lacking that moldavian province (silistria). Looking at the achievement it seems you need to start with the grand campaign (from the beginning). You probably did that but I tought I'd mention it anyway
    Code:
    possible = {
    		start_date = 1399.10.14
    		tag = BYZ
    	}

Quote Originally Posted by fudd_bopo View Post
    That's strange, I'm pretty sure looking at that picture you were only lacking that moldavian province (silistria). Looking at the achievement it seems you need to start with the grand campaign (from the beginning). You probably did that but I tought I'd mention it anyway
    Code:
    possible = {
            start_date = 1399.10.14
            tag = BYZ
        }
    Yeah, I did that. However I conquered silistria or whatever in 1813 (not a core) dont know if that matters. But the achievements are a bit dodgy. i once got a achievment at the main menu...

On a sidenote its kinda funny that spain is formed but not the UK

Are you using the beta patch? If so then keep in mind that achievements are disabled. I learned that the hard way when I played as the Iroqouis.

No, I got a achievemnt for having 5 monopolies at the same time near the end of this game
    I bet its the italian city-states I need though.... Like Milan, Savoy and Genoa. I didnt get those troublemakers because they control vast areas in the americas

EDIT: makes no sence though. if fudd_bopo got it with those borders i should have gotten it with my borders

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This is the list in full:

owns = 142 Corfu
    owns = 143 Albania
    owns = 144 Janina
    owns = 145 Morea
    owns = 146 Athens
    owns = 147 Salonica
    owns = 148 Macedonia
    owns = 149 Edirne
    owns = 150 Bulgaria
    owns = 151 Thrace
    owns = 159 Silistria
    owns = 163 Crete
    owns = 164 Naxos
    owns = 285 Kaffa
    owns = 316 Bithynia
    owns = 317 Bursa
    owns = 318 Smyrna
    owns = 319 Antalya
    owns = 320 Rhodes
    owns = 321 Cyprus
    owns = 322 Anatolia
    owns = 323 Konya
    owns = 324 Karaman
    owns = 325 Kastamon
    owns = 326 Angora
    owns = 328 Adana
    owns = 329 Sinope
    owns = 330 Trebizon
    owns = 1764 Burgas
    owns = 1765 Nis
    owns = 1773 Achaea
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

Ah! Thank you!

I think I have all of those. Surely I must be missing one of them.

I don't have eu3 open, but I'm guessing a Serbian province, nis?

Scratch that I was looking at wrong map!

My next guess is that you are nit connected to internets or not signed in to paradox connect?

i am connected to the internet and signed in. i stated earlier that i got another achievment. and yes the power cable to the computer is also plugged in

+ Reply to Thread