+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Custom music tracks for ingame use?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2

Custom music tracks for ingame use?

I was wondering if there was any special coding one needed to do to get the game to use new musics in the game's roundup.

I've seen the music file, and it's just a bunch of .MP3 , so could i, in theory, simply place new .mp3s and will the game just add it to the playlist, or is specific coding required for the music to play.

So far, this will be for personal use, as I do not seek copyright infringement.

Also, were I to add new .mp3s to the music folder, would that render me unable to play multiplayer?

Not sure if this is exactly the right sub-forum, but since it involes "moding" music, i figured this was the place to ask.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Adding music is just as easy as you suggested. Just drop them in the folder and you're good to go. The one problem that does seem to exist is that the play order of the music seems to be a bit strange and repetitive. I've added songs before only to notice only one or two of them play and those ones play far more often than the rest. I never quite figured that issue out, but I'm not sure if it's been solved or what. As for multiplayer, I don't know if that would be an issue. I'd imagine that if the checksum stays the same, it wouldn't be a problem, but I don't play multiplayer often so I can't say that with too much certainty.

DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome

but it can screw up your game. just make your you don't put in any bad files

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2

Okay that should help, I wanted to add some either calm or militaristic songs (Like songs from the Total War series).

Thanks, Dafool.

Has anyone else noticed that the music doesn't work properly, for example it will only play like 2-3 tracks per session you play. It just loops the same 3 files and the files are randomly selected :S

Well, that was the case in HTTT has it changed in DW?

Well, have you seen the Rising Nations custom music mod? Certain tracks play at certain times, i mean there is one for the main menu and one for the country info when you end the game... and the war_ and ETC tags seem to control something. It is best to replace the files with new ones, but name the new ones the same as the old.... i mean, you could remove diesiraeintro.MP3 and put in whatever, but name the whatever diesiraeintro.MP3... get it? Also, i previously had this huge stockpile of music (60+ files) and your right, only about 5 plus the original ones ever play.
    Custom avatars back, please?
    ~-Dropping cameras off cliffs since 1913-~

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition

I do believe the music HAS to have the certain names of the mp3 files the default music has. At least, all the music packs I've seen have done that so logically I think that's probably the reason. I don't listen to the music myself while playing so I haven't had much experience with this issue.

It would be much easier if EU3 had the musical system of, say, Oblivion, where there are some 5 or so folders of certain music playing during certain events(being in battle, being in town, exploring, etc.) which would work marvelously in EU3 I think. It would also allow the composers of the community(such as myself) to release their music as a sort of mod to add more diversity to the music in the game. I mean let's face it, the music is good, but for the length of time that EU3 takes to play we can all appreciate more variety.

Just my two cents.
    Composer of the MEIOU and Taxes Official Soundtrack:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ial-Soundtrack

Quote Originally Posted by ciadude2 View Post
    I do believe the music HAS to have the certain names of the mp3 files the default music has. At least, all the music packs I've seen have done that so logically I think that's probably the reason. I don't listen to the music myself while playing so I haven't had much experience with this issue.

It would be much easier if EU3 had the musical system of, say, Oblivion, where there are some 5 or so folders of certain music playing during certain events(being in battle, being in town, exploring, etc.) which would work marvelously in EU3 I think. It would also allow the composers of the community(such as myself) to release their music as a sort of mod to add more diversity to the music in the game. I mean let's face it, the music is good, but for the length of time that EU3 takes to play we can all appreciate more variety.

Just my two cents.

I agree with you sir!, the length of time in an EU3 game eventualy makes the music irritating and boring. It would be good to see some more work done on the music system for EU3. Set types of music for different situations would be good. Also regional music would me quite nice, if this was based upon your tech group it would be even better, able to change as the game moves along. It would also be nice if you could make it so that you could put times where there is no music.

But ye if paradox could make a file where you could list tracks and when they should play that would be awesome.

+ Reply to Thread