• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jayswimmer

First Lieutenant
19 Badges
Nov 12, 2002
Visit site
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
Do I have a warning or something not set? I'll be plugging along just fine and all of a sudden one of my vassals will have switched to another liege. Seems like I should get some sort of notice that I lost a vassal.

First of all one of your vassals might inherit land from someone else at which point they will join that realm
But you dont get any notice in either case
A real cute scenario is when you get a message "One of your vassals has declared independence" but they dont tell you who

Yea the inheritance system looks very intriguing and mystical thing for me. Now I am playing as the kingdom of Denmark and Sweden (Knytlings finally conquered Sweden but the brave Eric Knytling was also excommunicated by Pope for this feat :) ) Well, somehow nearly after the beggining of the main campaign (it was 1089 I think) I lost a war with bavarians and I gave them my capital of Fyn and after awhile I noticed that somehow the duke of Bavaria with an abundance of it's holdings and vassals is my vassal. What has happened? That is a mystery for me and actually I can't explain what has happened. Any suggestions?

oh look you are called nosferatu and you do thread necromancing what a coincidence...you do know CK2 is out and its a lot like this one except with better graphics and much deeper gameplay?