• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Not again a patch. Do I have to restart a campaign every time a new patch is relseased?!?! I mean its really annoying, just started and came forward a few years and have to restart again because of a new patch...

I plan to finnish my campaing this summer but if I have to restart every time its not fun. Is there no better continuation for safegames?

Y'all can sure talk a patch to death. ;)

Not again a patch. Do I have to restart a campaign every time a new patch is relseased?!?! I mean its really annoying, just started and came forward a few years and have to restart again because of a new patch...

I plan to finnish my campaing this summer but if I have to restart every time its not fun. Is there no better continuation for safegames?
So far I've managed to go through all the patches while playing the same campaign. I'm 95% sure you can continue your old game normally.

Yes, let's a make a petition to Paradox to not patch the game...

There must be a reasonable way to patch it without having to start everything from the beginning everytime a patch is released because it takes time to finnish a campaign and what if a patch is released in the middle of it? Continue and ignore the patch or restart from the beginning and patch it? But as Niko said i will try to continue playing from the safegame.

There must be a reasonable way to patch it without having to start everything from the beginning everytime a patch is released because it takes time to finnish a campaign and what if a patch is released in the middle of it? Continue and ignore the patch or restart from the beginning and patch it? But as Niko said i will try to continue playing from the safegame.

and how should that work? when you change part of the games nobody knows what happens to an already started game. you can try to resume the campaign (not directly a good idea since the bugs will increase not decrease).
of course the last time i checked nobody forced you to patch.

Installer didn't work for my Impulse version, and Impulse are always so slow at releasing patches.

I would really appreciate a .zip/.rar.

Guess I'll just have to wait :(

What is the flipping problem with checksums, this nonsense has gone on long enough now. My clan and I were planning a multi game on Monday yet we all have 3 different checksums between us so we can not join the games. My checksum is RXEX and the hosts is KMZO, we both have the steam version so I do not understand why this is a problem. Please sort it out Paradox or post an official work around it's not for the users to sort your bugs out. The sticky in the multi forums is also useless as it gives no solution so please don't direct me there to look at it.

Stop moaning. The Devs have now patched up the auto puppeting bug which IMO, made the game unplayable.

Well done Paradox for a quick fix.:)

Kinda wish Steam could get the right checksum when these patches were released. Either that or the exe patcher actually working with the Steam version so I can overwrite the files that are horrendously wrong, that or a zip/rar version of the patch. :(

What is the flipping problem with checksums, this nonsense has gone on long enough now. My clan and I were planning a multi game on Monday yet we all have 3 different checksums between us so we can not join the games. My checksum is RXEX and the hosts is KMZO, we both have the steam version so I do not understand why this is a problem. Please sort it out Paradox or post an official work around it's not for the users to sort your bugs out. The sticky in the multi forums is also useless as it gives no solution so please don't direct me there to look at it.

If you have the wrong checksum you have modded/corrupted files. There is nothing for us to "sort". Revert your files or remove everything and reinstall.

Either continue on the old version until you finish your game, or take the chance and patch + continue...

I just met up with a group of people and we're planning to have a big multiplayer game, problem is, they're getting the FDAJ checksum and I have KMZO since I have the steam version. Does this mean I will not be able to connect? The big game isnt till next weekend so will there hopefully be a patch that gives identical checksums? Or is there a way to have steam just download Vanilla HoI and SF?

The game works fine otherwise, I just havent played multiplayer before so it's only now a problem

If you have the wrong checksum you have modded/corrupted files. There is nothing for us to "sort". Revert your files or remove everything and reinstall.

Wrong. I have never modified HOI3 and I have had steam re-check the files to see if they are corrupted. Try a quick search on your own forum with the word checksum and you will see I am not the only one. Such an awkward system to use.

I just met up with a group of people and we're planning to have a big multiplayer game, problem is, they're getting the FDAJ checksum and I have KMZO since I have the steam version. Does this mean I will not be able to connect?

Sadly not. You have the correct Steam checksum while they have the correct non-Steam version, but the two will not connect.

Last edited: