• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jul 8, 2011
Hey everyone,

I wanted to make this a list or thread of tips and tricks for beating and working with/around traffic. I have a few tips but not many and would like to hear your opinions.

Firstly, here are some of my tips.

- Once you first start a game, play for a while, and observe which roads are prone to clogging up, and which ones CiMs do not use as often. Use these roads that aren't used as often from the start.

-If you have a system where many bus routes meet at a stop, move it around a bit. This road where the stop is, is likely to get congested regardless if it is prone to blocking up. Make one route stop on the other side of the road, or make another route stop on the road next to it. Move the routes around for some breathing space.

-If you see many angry CiMs at one stop, don't just use the band-aid solution by adding 3+ more buses. Certainly add one or two, and wait for a while. If it seems like it is not working (there are 50/60+ people waiting) then that mode of transport isn't optimal.
Try having trams if your bus stop queues are large, and make them run down the middle of main roads on the grass (where they don't affect traffic) or if near a river, make a jetty/wharf and also put a stop near middle of the city if it is a suburban area. Make it close enough to the existing stop so passengers can transit.

-Look into Frequency vs Capacity. Find out which one you need. If the stop is near a large tourist area (cinema, department store etc.) then Frequency is better. CiMs just stream out of those places, and having 1x 22 capacity buses is not as good as 2x 16 capacity buses. Also, take note of new inventions. If a new bus comes along with better speed and capacity, then refresh some of your fleet.

Thats all from me, if you have any tips or corrections feel free to voice them. Cya!

...and if i have 200 or more people waiting at a metro station, i build a new line which is parallel with this one at the busiest stops+1-2 stations...

Interesting topic. Even the most cautious drivers are likely to be involved in a law enforcement traffic stop eventually. As reported by the Agency of Justice Statistics, the chances of this happening to a driver throughout a year are 1 in 11.48. Here are the top five most frequent traffic stops, plus how to talk to a police officer to be able to decrease your odds of receiving a traffic ticket. Resource for this article: Most common traffic stops, and how to talk to a police officer