• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Are you speaking of OTL o KR? Because in OTL Alfonso XIII was pro-Entente, just like President Eduardo Dato.

If you're going to change the KRTL i guess that Alfonso could just get into the central powers and dismissing Dato from the goverment. If The royalist spain control morocco, they would have a safe zone to try to relaunch a "reconquista" against Carlist and anarquist. Or spanish Africa could join the more nationalist side in the war.

Well, the military matters are an important thing that can't be delayed to the First Congress because, well... they are in a civil war.

Well, the military matters are an important thing that can't be delayed to the First Congress because, well... they are in a civil war.

Indeed. A proposal for land army:

- Statists: a professional standing army.
- A-S: a large, drafted people's army.
- S-L: ¿?

With the Spanish KR canon being discussed, here's what the Kaiserpedia (closest thing to canon we have) tells abou Spain:

Spanish confidence was badly shaken after the war against the United States of America which saw the empire lose her remaining colonies outside her immediate vicinity. Separatist movements in the Basque country and Catalonia gained support, the Church interfered in politics, and a radical workers movement destabilized the balance between conservatives and liberals. After taking the government in 1902, King Alfonso XIII showed expansionist tendencies, as demonstrated by the intervention in Morocco. The Algeciras Act of 1906 acknowledged Spanish interests in Morocco, and a protectorate over the North and South of the country was established in 1912, but it became a source of permanent unrest.

While Spain remained essentially neutral throughout the Weltkrieg, 1918 saw social tensions erupt in a number of revolts by the rural populace, right wing factions and the increasingly powerful anarcho-syndicalist movement. Spain allowed the Germany navy to use Spanish ports as based starting from 1919 until the end of the war. Alfonso XIII supported the military coup against the government by General Miguel Primo de Rivera who abolished the constitution of 1876 and installed a dictatorial rule between 1923 and 1930. He ended the uprising in Morocco with a victory over Abd el-Krim in 1926, but could not master the economic crisis and had to resign after repeated revolts by the military and students. His position was taken over by José María Gil-Robles y Quiñones, a moderate right-wing politician.

Deep divisions remain within Spanish society in 1936; on one hand, the resurgent Carlist Movement, headed by Alfonso Carlos and Xavier de Borbón-Parma, aims to re-establish the "True Dynasty" and recreate an integralist Christian monarchy and on the other, the anarcho-syndicalist CNT-FAI has been inspired by the uprisings in both France and Britain to seek the abolition of the Spanish state altogether, and replace it with a voluntarist federation of communes and economic collectives.

With the Spanish KR canon being discussed, here's what the Kaiserpedia (closest thing to canon we have) tells abou Spain:

We're talking about that in the spanish forum ;) If you speak spanish you could take a look on our ideas here

That's precisely the reason that moved me to open the above mentioned thread, as I found that "canon" too simple and too vague. No offence intended.

It's ironic that I realized this after so many versions of Kaiserreichism...

BTW, is Javier de Borbón-Parma, not Xavier.

I agree the current background is rather poor, basically telling that Primo de Rivera managed to do what he failed to do in reallife (like beating Abd-el-Krim and keeping the king in place) so feel free to suggest a more plausible background for Spain. As long as Spain starts out as a Kingdom, and suffers from Carlist and syndicalist uprisings, where willing to accept much.

I agree the current background is rather poor, basically telling that Primo de Rivera managed to do what he failed to do in reallife (like beating Abd-el-Krim and keeping the king in place) so feel free to suggest a more plausible background for Spain. As long as Spain starts out as a Kingdom, and suffers from Carlist and syndicalist uprisings, where willing to accept much.

That's the idea. We're now trying to guess how it started.

But we call the Kaiser Wilhem, not William. Anyway, it doesn't really matter.

There is still in the game a Saragossa that make my eyes bleed :p I think that every spaniard should have an spanish name, not the english one.

There is still in the game a Saragossa that make my eyes bleed :p I think that every spaniard should have an spanish name, not the english one.

By the time that we have that changed, Spain will have conquered back the Empire by selling paellas.

And since he's a Spaniard, he must have Spanish name, just like the rest of Spaniards, including king Alfonso and the crown prince Juan, and the rest of non-Anglo-Saxon characters.

So, is Javier de Borbón-Parma and not Xavier.

As Anton Denikin (who isn't named Anthony Denikin), Pierre Brossolotte (who isn't named Peter Denikin) or Fredrik Kaarle of Finland (who isn't named Frederick Charles).

And since he's a Spaniard, he must have Spanish name, just like the rest of Spaniards, including king Alfonso and the crown prince Juan, and the rest of non-Anglo-Saxon characters.

So, is Javier de Borbón-Parma and not Xavier.
Alfonso and Juan are the names by which they are known, just like Kaiser Wilhelm is known as Kaiser Wilhelm, not Kaiser William. It's the general rule. There are more examples of people called by their world-known name rather than the name in their native language.
No special exceptions for Spaniards, sorry.

Alfonso and Juan are the names by which they are known, just like Kaiser Wilhelm is known as Kaiser Wilhelm, not Kaiser William. It's the general rule. There are more examples of people called by their world-known name rather than the name in their native language.

What examples?

Javier is world-know as Javier.

For example, we (well, not me :D ) just had to re-write the minister file of Hungary because it used the Hungarian naming convention which puts surname before first name. So instead of "Nagybányai Horthy Miklós" we wrote "Miklós Horthy de Nagybánya", which is the name by which he is known.

Anyway, it's not the time to discuss such things, fleshing out events should be the priority.

Well, i think that Wilheim is a german name :p

I couldn't give two bananas over the name of Javier/Xaiver, that can be discussed after some headway is made on content. The same is true to me about the back story. :p

So can the focus be on the Congresses please?