+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Supported Resolutions

Recruit
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionRome GoldVictoria 2

Supported Resolutions

This game looks really nice, but since there is no demo for me to check for myself, allow me to ask what the supported resolutions are in the game. I have a widescreen 1920x1200 native resolution monitor, so games that only offer lower resolutions in the 4:3 aspect ratio tend to look kind of awful.

Is this the case with Crusader Kings? Does it support higher resolutions, or more importantly widescreen resolutions?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Zefah; 03-07-2011 at 21:02.

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Zefah View Post
    This game looks really nice, but since there is no demo for me to check for myself, allow me to ask what the supported resolutions are in the game. I have a widescreen 1920x1200 native resolution monitor, so games that only offer lower resolutions in the 4:3 aspect resolution tend to look kind of awful.

Is this the case with Crusader Kings? Does it support higher resolutions, or more importantly widescreen resolutions?

Thanks in advance!
    I think so. You can try some out by editing the settings.txt file in the CK folder. But some of them might make text and the UI look a bit smallish. I play in 1024x768 on my 24" widescreen. It looks ok for me.

Edit: Ups .. seems I misread your post. You don't have the game right?? ... well as I said 1024x768 looks ok on mine.

Edit: I just tried 1920x1200 on my 24" monitor, and it looks fine. The load screens and startscreen do not expand, but no matter. The in-game map and UI looks fine.
    I love my copy of CK so much, I am thinking of marrying it

New Paradox games icons ... get some new cool game icons for your PI games. (of course now updated with CKII icon )

Recruit
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionRome GoldVictoria 2

Excellent! Thank you very much. I will purchase the game promptly.

Krasnoyarskaya Str. h. 31, apartment 3,Chita 672010 Russia
    And what about 3D mode ? How it looks like? I have a BENQ monitor with the support of 3D. Did anybody tried it out? I am just curious.

+ Reply to Thread