• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(220439)

Recruit
6 Badges
Aug 16, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
I have a question gents.
When I play as a great power such as Autria or Prussia for example, The amount of brigades my country can support always (and I mean always) goes down to 20 somtimes even less.

Can you give me some ways to make sure the amount of recruitable brigades goes up again.

Thanks in advance

Redblaster100

I have a question gents.
When I play as a great power such as Autria or Prussia for example, The amount of brigades my country can support always (and I mean always) goes down to 20 somtimes even less.

Can you give me some ways to make sure the amount of recruitable brigades goes up again.

Thanks in advance

Redblaster100

Pay soldiers properly (increase military spending)
Encourage soldier pop promotion (through national focus, in your most populated states)

Its a particular problem for powers that start out with lots of cultural diversity. The soldiers of the other culture POPs assimilate, and since you tend to start with POPs that are the bare minimum to support a brigade, the first soldier to assimilate takes an entire brigade out of the support limit as the POP goes from 1000 to 999. (The brigade itself won't evaporate until rather more have assimilated, but it won't reinforce properly.)

You have to do what the others have already posted and take measures to boost your overall level of soldiers, but when recruiting new brigades check the culture of the POP and don't recruit outside your primary culture unless the POP has plenty of spare soldiers to allow for assimilation over time.