+ Reply to Thread

Thread: victoria 2 military brigades problem

victoria 2 military brigades problem

I have a question gents.
    When I play as a great power such as Autria or Prussia for example, The amount of brigades my country can support always (and I mean always) goes down to 20 somtimes even less.

Can you give me some ways to make sure the amount of recruitable brigades goes up again.

Thanks in advance

Redblaster100

Quote Originally Posted by Redblaster100 View Post
    I have a question gents.
    When I play as a great power such as Autria or Prussia for example, The amount of brigades my country can support always (and I mean always) goes down to 20 somtimes even less.

Can you give me some ways to make sure the amount of recruitable brigades goes up again.

Thanks in advance

Redblaster100
    Pay soldiers properly (increase military spending)
    Encourage soldier pop promotion (through national focus, in your most populated states)

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireKing Arthur II
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesV2 AHD BetaPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Tax the hell out of low and middle class pops

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Its a particular problem for powers that start out with lots of cultural diversity. The soldiers of the other culture POPs assimilate, and since you tend to start with POPs that are the bare minimum to support a brigade, the first soldier to assimilate takes an entire brigade out of the support limit as the POP goes from 1000 to 999. (The brigade itself won't evaporate until rather more have assimilated, but it won't reinforce properly.)

You have to do what the others have already posted and take measures to boost your overall level of soldiers, but when recruiting new brigades check the culture of the POP and don't recruit outside your primary culture unless the POP has plenty of spare soldiers to allow for assimilation over time.

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireKing Arthur II
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesV2 AHD BetaPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by tului View Post
    Tax the hell out of low and middle class pops
    Alternatively, conquer Java.

+ Reply to Thread