+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Victoria II Random World Generator!

Quote Originally Posted by AdeptusM View Post
    this does work with AHD 2.3 right?

edit- tried but keeps crashing. Now begins the search for why.

edit 2 - game loads 1/3 of attempts and map comes up blank.
    No, OP said it does not work with AHD

Anyway, I am having a problem when I select a nation, the game crashes when it gets to "Adapting History" Also, all of the countries' flags are black.

At the risk of sounding dumb...

I have installed A House Divided. But there are two .exe choices:
    v2game.exe with the AHD icon
    victoria2.exe with the original Vicky2 icon

Should this mod work with the victoria2.exe icon? Or do I need to reinstall from scratch, without AHD?

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

I have a problem installing...
    Last edited by PdoxNewbie; 27-07-2012 at 21:52.
    GENERATION 37: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
    Participate in the ranking of every EU3 nation from easiest to hardest!
    Post your Tahiti games!
    Post your Always vWar Mod progress!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...r-Mod-Progress!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...s-War-progress!

does it work with python 3?
    Mare Nostra - Rɪsᴇ ᴏғ Rᴏᴍᴇ - play from 280 BC to the dawn of the New Era

No AHD support? D:
    Are you planning to do it?

Running into problems trying to use this with a PDM installation. I follow the PDM directions and get the correct checksum and the game runs fine. But when after applying this mod and running the generator (no changes to settings), I always get a crash at the same point where you've picked your country and it says "Adapting history." I've done re-installs from scratch, but it always fails the same way.

However, this mod runs fine for me without the PDM installation.

Generates map, selected country, CTD when clicking "Play"

OK, I hadn't patched yet, but you can't patch two copies of the game on the same machine. I was hoping to preserve the original for another mod, but apparently you can't run this mod without the patch. Decisions....
    Last edited by Ivan Rogov; 05-08-2012 at 13:46.
    Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory - Sun Tzu

When it generates quad 23 it crashes. I've tried multiple random seeds, same result.

HELP.

Herrroooo..... just stumbled on this gem.

I was a big fan of the Random Hearts of Iron map generator so of course i was filled with joy when i saw this thread :-).

Now i got some problems i hope some of u can help me with. I ran the random map generator 5 times and 4 of those crashed after hitting play, only 1 went to the actual game - map. But the GUI was borked and everytime i clicked something, the game owuld crash.

My setup is as follows>

installed V2,
    installed 1.4 beta patch
    installed PDM for 1.4 beta
    installed this generator
    generated map
    play game.

Should it work with this set up?

*edit .. maybe only some of the seeds work? Can someone provide a seed that works for them?

welp i just did a clean install again .... this time:

V2
    1.3 patch
    pdm for 1.3
    generator

basically... i dont get crashes on loads anymore.. but when ingame the GUI seems normal at first but then quicklz deteriorates to a bunch of invisible shapes when i start moving around and clicking things and it doesnt properly display basically.. then shortly later (like few min game time) game crashes.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

PLEASE make it work with AHD.
    Could you also make a seperate random name generator using the same code as in the mod?
    Last edited by fargoniac; 20-09-2012 at 00:27.

I Cant load flags

every time i load this it stops on loading flags is it just me doing something wrong if so how do i fix it? I really want to play this as it looks amazing and fair.

Europa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Is it by any chance usable with this random map generator for EU3?

Second Lieutenant Derrick Moore's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

I love this Mod!

though, I do find that if I switch countries that I'm playing when loading a saved game, or if I change too many parameters in the settings file(especially the # of cultures setting) when generating a new world it does crash alot.

so I suggest not to go over board when altering the settings file, and expect Generator to take a few tries before it successfully created a new world. make sure you see the "thank you" message at the end when Generator finishes to make sure you've got a real world made that wont crash as soon as you load or in the "adapting history" part of the load up.

Anyway. wonderful Mod. Now I want to make a new game map for a totally new exp to go a long with all the new countries.
    Four Planets have come to our attention...

Just gave this a try... and a few things are going wrong...
    firstly, when I try it on a Victoria II non-patched copy, the script works and it does generate the random map, just no textures...
    Secondly, when I tried patching it to 1.3, the script works but the game crashes at certain points...

Here is a screenshot for the (firstly) issue
    v2game 2012-12-13 09-46-12-98.jpg

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

I wish someone else would update this.

Is there a reason why it can't be updated to House Divided or is it just because everyone is lazy?

or it's because the developer is/has been very busy? <- I'm guessing that...

Is there any way to disable AHD if you have V2/AHD on steam? I really, really want to try this but doesn't seem possible

omgggggg pleeeasse update to AHD :-)

long time love will be had

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast