+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Victoria II Random World Generator!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by m68135 View Post
    One day...
    EEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *Makes deflating joyful noises*

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

The Middle of Nowhere (Give or Take 50 feet)
    Brilliant piece of work, I must congratulate you. However I do seem to have a problem, whenever i generate a new map Indonesia and The Phillipines becomes seperated into a ridiculous amount of countries, many with only one island each whilst the rest of the world is controlled by giant nations.

ahhh please fix it !

For some reason after I make a seed and go to run the game it encounters an error every time when it tries to load flags. Any help? Please this mod looks amazing

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

the mod hasn't been updated to AHD.

Quote Originally Posted by Brougal View Post
    the mod hasn't been updated to AHD.
    Oh, thanks. Hope it gets updated soon

I need help.

I made a semi-functional version for AHD. But pops and units aren't working.

Extract the attached file to your mod folder and give it a try. It should work without problems.

Now, if you extract either mod/333/history/units.7z or pops.7z, the game will crash when you hit Play. Can anyone figure out what's wrong?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Is there a mod or something that creates a map of the modern world??
    Nationality: British
    Ideology: Labour Party
    Preferred Government type: Constitutional Monarchy
    Religion: Athiest

I need help.

Extract the attached file to your mod folder and give it a try. It should work without problems.

Now, if you extract either mod/333/history/units.7z or pops.7z, the game will crash when you hit Play. Can anyone figure out what's wrong?

Thanks
    Awesome! Please keep working on it and make it perfect.

I'm not good with modding so I can't help, just wanted to give some enouragement.

Since this ran using Python I thought I'd try using it on OSX. I ran the script through terminal and managed to get everything functioning except for the CultureGroups segment. When running the game, nothing on the map existed - nor did any files exist in the history folders after running it. Here's the output to what I attempted, maybe you can help shed some light on what I was missing:

Code:
    $ python Generator.py install
    You can customize some variables by editing the Settings.ini file.
    Enter a seed, or 0 for random: 
    Seed is: 1332930359
    Restoring common/countries...
    Restoring history/countries...
    Cleaning gfx/flags...
    Cleaning history/units...
    Cleaning history/provinces...
    Cleaning map cache...
    Cleaning history/pops...
    Creating cultures...
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "Generator.py", line 2188, in <module>
        Main()
      File "Generator.py", line 2018, in Main
        CultName = NameGen.GenerateFactionName(ThisGrp, "")
      File "/Users/Ayetach/Desktop/Victoria2/Data/Generator/NameGen.py", line 153, in GenerateFactionName
        Dictionary1 = open("Generator/CultureGroups/"+DictionaryName+".names1").readlines()
    IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'Generator/CultureGroups/Generator/CultureGroups/Tupi.names1'
    Note that 'Tupi.names1' is just one of many examples used when I ran the script several times. French, Chinese, Arabian, etc. were also used - basically any of the culturegroups names can be used there so it clearly isn't the files themselves but perhaps their location? Although I did not move the CultureGroups folder and any of its contents from the 'Generator' directory. Something did stumble however when creating the culture names.

I got it and after a good hour or two of trying to figure out how to work it out, I installed it onto a PDM file. However, I am not entirely sure what to do from there - I have put in the seed (0 for random, of course), python does something and disappears, and I'm left wondering what to do. I tried to load it up as I normally would from there, but it would only give the normal maps, and nothing had been changed. What am I doing wrong, and how do I do it correctly?

*EDIT*
    Ah never mind, just had to do a bit of tinkering... looks to be all good now at long last!
    Last edited by frenchguy; 31-03-2012 at 18:15.

I'm new to modding and I am trying to get this to work. I followed all of the directions up to entering "0" for the seed, then python closes and I start Victoria II and everything looks the same? What am I doing wrong?

Edit: OK i fixed it but now everytime to try to do diplomacy the game crashes and I've reinstalled it again.
    Last edited by Jacob Enders; 10-04-2012 at 01:36.

Victoria 2

*EDIT*
    Ah never mind, just had to do a bit of tinkering... looks to be all good now at long last!
    Edit: OK i fixed it but now everytime to try to do diplomacy the game crashes and I've reinstalled it again.
    http://xkcd.com/979/

But seriously, an explanation as to what you did to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

I need help.

Thanks
    Sorry to ask, but how do i actually use that mod now?
    I dont see the Generator.py and dont know how this works now.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k club

The mod is great especially once the more exotic culture files are removed so the names are readable : )
    I have two observations though.

-When we disable random province naming the region naming persists random. It too should be disabled for consistency.
    -Each culture group spawns 2-3 religions, creating just TOO much religions, which run out of symbols and all use the same, making a real mess when you have 3 religions and every pop looks the same
    So please add a religion randomness switch on/off. (Or make more culture groups intetwin their religions, probably both)
    God Emperor of Japan in The End of an Era: 1917 Balance of Power
    President of the Argentine Confederation in World in Revolution: 1861
    Prime Minister of Communist Israel, Puppet Master of Jordan, Iraq, Greater Syria and Kurdistan in 1948: Balance of Power (world nuked into oblivion by treacherous capitalists!)

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    ImpireMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEuropa Universalis IV

Glorious Revolutionary Peoples Republic of Australia
    This is really cool! One question, will it ever be possible for the program to generate an entirely new world map as well, or is that hard-coded into the game?

Lord High Admiral General Baker's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Rikeus View Post
    This is really cool! One question, will it ever be possible for the program to generate an entirely new world map as well, or is that hard-coded into the game?
    I remember seeing something like that being done for HOI3, so I'm sure it's possible somehow :3

They've done a random map generator for EU3 also (though that kept all the original countries and cultures). If someone wants to add that functionality, they could take a look at the EU3 version.

I think the best use of this would be with the whole setup random (map and everything else) - but that would be the best thing -ever-.
    俺はMEIOUずきだ。

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

I've run into an issue. I get all the way to entering a generated seed, I get to the map and the game is about it start up, and then it crashes. Ideas?

Note: I figured out this first issue. I forgot to update my Vanilla Vicky 2 to 1.3. Now I can't run my saved game! Too bad too. The uncivilized country between me (an alternate France) and my rival (an alternate united Eastern Europe) was sslowly being eaten away. Only a short time before world war I.
    Last edited by Bediende; 26-06-2012 at 18:36.

this does work with AHD 2.3 right?

edit- tried but keeps crashing. Now begins the search for why.

edit 2 - game loads 1/3 of attempts and map comes up blank.
    Last edited by AdeptusM; 02-07-2012 at 03:46.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast