• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
English Dogs! You will regret the day you invaded the great nation of France!

Haha! The nation of France trembles before the Might of the British Empire!

Also, the British empire cordially reminds the German Empire that Belgium is still officially claimed by the British. Even though they are temporarily holding on to that territory.

Remarkably great news from Europe Prime Supreme Commander Minister Randakar will be knighted for this when We, King of Great Britain and Ireland, Emperor of the Half-Globe, return from our vacation.

Ta-Ta!

Having capturing Sevastapol and the stalemate in Romania, Turkey announces that the war against Russia is a total war, as the Sultan never received a gift of vodka.

WE GAVE YOU CANDY; BUT WE DIDN'T GET VODKA! FACE OUR WRATH!

The King of Great Britain and Ireland, Emperor of the Half-Globe, has always had a special place in his Heart(h) (;)) for Ottomans.

Announcement from the Sultan:

We come in peace. We desire no war. The dastardly Russians attacked first and this is all an act of self-defence.

Join us in this battle to end the treacherous Russian Bear!
]

Ah, I love diplomacy. I'd be glad to help any of these nations go on to empire or avert disaster.

Predictions:

England
F Liverpool
F London

France
A Paris

Germany
All armies

Italy
F Naples

Austria
Forced all armies

Russia
A Moscow

Turkey
A Constaninople
F Smyrna

In the winter of the first year, I'd say we have an understanding among the central powers, though probably not an alliance (based on no one touching Tyrolia). England and the Ottomans are unusually strong for this early. England typically only gets Norway, and Turkey usually never gets an army in Sev so early (instead it typically stalemates with Austria in Greece).

All in all and interesting game. I'm glad to see a number of strong powers forming. Germany is in a tricky situation, and I look forward to seeing how it evolves.

Announcement from the Sultan:

We come in peace. We desire no war. The dastardly Russians attacked first and this is all an act of self-defence.

Join us in this battle to end the treacherous Russian Bear!
]

As a junior diplomat I have always warned my senior diplomat about Ottomans threat. Our senior diplomat believed peaceful nature of Ottomans and didn't take any action against them. As everyone knows Ottomans waged undeclared war against Russia. The Great Russian soldiers, the motherland calls upon you.

Ah, I love diplomacy. I'd be glad to help any of these nations go on to empire or avert disaster.

A PM was sent, and you went offline :mad: :p. I have no patience at the moment, so I'm going to just assign you to the country I wanted to assign you in the first place.

Bagricula is now a junior FRENCH DIPLOMAT, he will be working with esemesas and Morrell8.

TheExecuter is now a junior RUSSIAN DIPLOMAT, he will be working with enkhuush and Taiisatai64.

TheExecuter is now a junior RUSSIAN DIPLOMAT, he will be working with enkhuush and Taiisatai64.

For the Rodina!

News of Johnny Turk's atrocities on the orthodox population of the Ukraine has reached even to my small landholding in central Russia. I immediately saddled my horse and rode to St. Petersburg to offer my services to the Tsar.

I look forward to working with the representatives of Europe's most eminent ruler!

Italy notes Germany's dishonesty in this matter and that it now accepts britains claim under the treaty of the lowlands for belguim or there word means nothing.

Germany notes that UK didn't send any forces to Belgium, and that France didn't notify Germany of her decision in due time. German armies were simply keeping France out of Belgium

news update.

the bulgarians' 1901 fall uprising.

since spring of 1901, the ottoman authorities were aware that a revolt was being considered. They had, therefore, increased their patrols on the danube and sent more spies and agent provocateurs into bulgarian areas, where they did considerable damage to the revolutionaries' infrastructure. They sought swift and complete independence through armed rebellion modeled after the previous uprising of the serbs and greeks, and they looked to orthodox russia and catholic austria for support. The capture of greece by austrians spurred the bucharest-based bulgarian revolutionaries into action. A bulgarian uprising was hastily prepared to take advantage of ottoman preoccupation, but it fizzled before it started. In the spring of 1901 another uprising erupted in the south-central bulgarian lands. That event was even more haphazardly planned than the previous one. The rebels were ill-armed and disorganized. According to dennis hupchick "the ill-armed and disorganized rebels did little more than publicly rally, sing newly written patriotic songs, and butcher their mostly pacific muslim neighbors." however, according to a report submitted to the british foreign office in november of 1901, "not one single turkish woman or child" and only 46 "turkish men" (who were "always armed") were reported killed by insurgents.

The ottomans, lacking adequate regular troops because of the problems in the northwest, were compelled to use irregular bashi-bazouks to quell the bulgarians. (august 11-september 9, 1901) those irregulars mostly were drawn from muslim inhabitants of the bulgarian regions, many of whom were descendents of circassian refugees expelled from the caucasus or crimean tatar refugees expelled during the crimean war. Making little distinction between rebels and passive peasants, bashi-bazouks, true to their reputation, brutally suppressed the revolt, massacring up to 15,000 people in the process. Between a thousand and twelve hundred people, mostly women and children, took refuge in a church at batak and were then burnt alive. Five thousand out of the seven thousand villagers of batak "were put to death". According to some sources, both batak and perushtitsa, where the majority of the population was also massacred, had not participated in the rebellion. Many of the perpetrators of those massacres were latter decorated by the ottoman high command.

News of the massacres of bulgarians filtered into britain from missionaries, journalists, and diplomatic agents in the balkans. The british press trumpeted the charge of "bulgarian horrors" reporting that thousands of defenceless christian villagers had been slaughtered by fanatical muslims. Italian missionaries estimated that as many as 15,000 christians had been killed, and bulgarian source gave estimates from 30,000 to 100,000.

Germany notes that UK didn't send any forces to Belgium, and that France didn't notify Germany of her decision in due time. German armies were simply keeping France out of Belgium

This version of events is correct.
Brittany is not at all cross at Germany over this particular incident.

This version of events is correct.
Brittany is not at all cross at Germany over this particular incident.

Will Britain take action if Germany does not vacate Belgium in the Spring?

Will Britain take action if Germany does not vacate Belgium in the Spring?

Britanny is cordially discussing options with Germany. Vacating Belgium in the Spring is not quite necessary, as Brittany cannot have forces there before the Fall.
Aside from that, the situation in France may demand those forces to be elsewhere.
Nonetheless, Britanny does see that a certain amount of diplomatic caution is required regarding Germany's future intentions.