• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
For the record, I was for a German - Austrian alliance as stated in my pm.
But that was before reis came back and he still thought Austria could and should be stopped by an Italian-German-Turkish alliance.
We will never know. :)

The Turks weren't interested, judging by their orders, they would be in an awful position to stab Austria in the Fall.

The Turks weren't interested, judging by their orders, they would be in an awful position to stab Austria in the Fall.

If Turkey was going to stab, it would have had to have been in the Spring with a strike on Rome and a shift to the Aegean and Rumania. There was no way to set up a Fall stab without alerting Austria that it was coming and reducing its effectiveness.

Moreover, since Austria had decided to hold back this year in order to let Turkey catch-up, there wasn't a compelling reason to stab in 1912 versus say 1913 when Turkey would have had two builds to stab with.

Assuming Turkey would have stabbed at all...which given the quality of the offers on hand, seems unlikely.

Errors I saw this game...

France - Should have had extremely active diplomacy from the loss of Brest through its death throes. I too quickly decided that there was no reason for E/G/I to not fight France, and so didn't engage them in as much diplomacy as I should have. Further, should have taken a risk and trusted England or Germany. I was too focused on defending against all fronts. Not clear if this would have worked out any better in the end, but I'm trying to suss out general principles that were missed or biases that were indulged in.

Still debating what other errors I've seen.

Generally, if three players gank one country, then only two of the ganksters will benefit. Sometimes only one of them will.

There will always be a third man out. That third man should always be brought over.

I might go over this game and point to the mistakes I saw (in my own opinion). Right now I'm writing werewolf programs for my computer science classes :p

Generally, if three players gank one country, then only two of the ganksters will benefit. Sometimes only one of them will.

There will always be a third man out. That third man should always be brought over.

I might go over this game and point to the mistakes I saw (in my own opinion). Right now I'm writing werewolf programs for my computer science classes :p

Tell me more, I'm intrigued.

The union wasn't so unexpected behind the scenes. I'd contacted ForzaA several days ago looking to create a three way tie, and got no response. When he did, it was to say they had the same offer from Germany, and why did we think we deserved it better? By that stage it was fairly clear that most players were willing to move on to a new game, and that to be honest Germany did deserve it more. Cakravarti wanted to move on too, so I threw in the towel so that Austria couldn't try to play Germany and us off against each other to sneak a win.

I had no idea what I was doing if Im gonna be honest.

Either you vote for the tie, or you vote to carry out the sent orders that would see you annexed and we get the A-G-T tie anyway. Your call.

Technically, it'd be spring so the Russian fleet could retreat to the Gulf of Bothnia to perhaps re-take St. Petersburg or conquer the Swedes...

...technique spins such fantasies.

I don't recall lifting your Siberian exile...

Nah, the Sultan did...he's the one in control of the Motherland now...

Just go back to your vodka, and dream of the good old days.

For the record, I was for a German - Austrian alliance as stated in my pm.
But that was before reis came back and he still thought Austria could and should be stopped by an Italian-German-Turkish alliance.
We will never know. :)

Also: Good game, everybody. :)

Thats funny because I thought you were going to launch Operation Sea Lion.

Hang on, wait a minute, I didn't vote for a tie!

You made it clear you would not be sending orders in any way. The vote for the tie is sent with orders.

I'm not going to delay a TIE because a civic disorder single SC country didn't send orders.