+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17 42 57 65 66 67 68 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1341

Thread: Diplomacy I: The Great Diplomats

200k clubEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineRome: Vae Victis
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaA View Post
    Germany's orders disappoint me
    For the record, I was for a German - Austrian alliance as stated in my pm.
    But that was before reis came back and he still thought Austria could and should be stopped by an Italian-German-Turkish alliance.
    We will never know.

Also: Good game, everybody.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by seboden View Post
    But that was before reis came back and he still thought Austria could and should be stopped by an Italian-German-Turkish alliance.
    We will never know.
    The Turks weren't interested, judging by their orders, they would be in an awful position to stab Austria in the Fall.
    Come and hunt your fellow Paradoxians in the Werewolf Forum

What this means is that no one technically voted on the first day and we have all been auto-lynched. Since none of us were following ghost rules from that point forward, we are all banned from werewolf for life. - Cymsdale

I post.. it just doesnt count Adamus's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Really good game guys. Really enjoyed it well done tie winners! Special shout out to bag who deserves to claim a victory for that one.
    The Original Werewolf Amateur
    Wins: 12 Losses: Many GM'd: 3 Werewolf Lites
    Currently playing Banished!

Europa Universalis 3

Quote Originally Posted by reis91 View Post
    The Turks weren't interested, judging by their orders, they would be in an awful position to stab Austria in the Fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by reis91 View Post
    If Turkey was going to stab, it would have had to have been in the Spring with a strike on Rome and a shift to the Aegean and Rumania. There was no way to set up a Fall stab without alerting Austria that it was coming and reducing its effectiveness.

Moreover, since Austria had decided to hold back this year in order to let Turkey catch-up, there wasn't a compelling reason to stab in 1912 versus say 1913 when Turkey would have had two builds to stab with.

Assuming Turkey would have stabbed at all...which given the quality of the offers on hand, seems unlikely.
    "My good man, this is not the time for making enemies." - Voltaire, on his deathbed, when asked to renounce Satan.

"We give you no fixed place to live, no form that is peculiar to you, nor any function that is yours alone. According to your desires and judgement, you will have and possess whatever place to live, whatever form, and whatever functions you yourself choose." - God to Adam, Oration on the Dignity of Man by Pico della Mirandola.

Europa Universalis 3

Errors I saw this game...

France - Should have had extremely active diplomacy from the loss of Brest through its death throes. I too quickly decided that there was no reason for E/G/I to not fight France, and so didn't engage them in as much diplomacy as I should have. Further, should have taken a risk and trusted England or Germany. I was too focused on defending against all fronts. Not clear if this would have worked out any better in the end, but I'm trying to suss out general principles that were missed or biases that were indulged in.

Still debating what other errors I've seen.
    "My good man, this is not the time for making enemies." - Voltaire, on his deathbed, when asked to renounce Satan.

"We give you no fixed place to live, no form that is peculiar to you, nor any function that is yours alone. According to your desires and judgement, you will have and possess whatever place to live, whatever form, and whatever functions you yourself choose." - God to Adam, Oration on the Dignity of Man by Pico della Mirandola.

Practitioner of "Calm Rage" joebthegreat's Avatar
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Generally, if three players gank one country, then only two of the ganksters will benefit. Sometimes only one of them will.

There will always be a third man out. That third man should always be brought over.

I might go over this game and point to the mistakes I saw (in my own opinion). Right now I'm writing werewolf programs for my computer science classes
    Come play our most recent game of werewolf, or diplomacy
    Werewolf MICRO: Wolf: 1(1 wins) TOTAL: 1(1 wins) || GMed: 0(0 goodie wins/0 baddie wins)
    Werewolf LITE: Villager: 20(40 wins) Wolf: 11(33 wins) Seer: 2(4 wins) TOTAL: 33(66 wins) || GMed: 11100101(0 goodie wins/0 baddie wins)
    Werewolf BIG: Villager: 1(600 wins) Wolf: 600(1 wins) Cultist: 2(2 wins) Priest: 1(1 wins) Lover: 1*(1 wins) Thief: 1(1 wins) TOTAL: 20(1 wins) || GMed: 1(200 goodie wins/0 baddie wins)
    GRAND TOTAL: 2(0 wins) || GM TOTAL: 0(42 goodie wins/42 baddie wins)
    ----------
    Diplomacy: Great Britain: 0(0 wins) France: 0(0 wins) Germany: 0(0 wins) Austria: 0(0 wins) Italy: 1(0 wins) Russia: 0(0 wins) Turkey: 0(0 wins) TOTAL: 0(0 wins) || GMed: 1(0 wins/0 wins/0 wins/0 wins/0 wins/0 wins/0 wins)

"Quote" -Author

Quote Originally Posted by joebthegreat View Post
    Generally, if three players gank one country, then only two of the ganksters will benefit. Sometimes only one of them will.

There will always be a third man out. That third man should always be brought over.

I might go over this game and point to the mistakes I saw (in my own opinion). Right now I'm writing werewolf programs for my computer science classes
    Tell me more, I'm intrigued.

The union wasn't so unexpected behind the scenes. I'd contacted ForzaA several days ago looking to create a three way tie, and got no response. When he did, it was to say they had the same offer from Germany, and why did we think we deserved it better? By that stage it was fairly clear that most players were willing to move on to a new game, and that to be honest Germany did deserve it more. Cakravarti wanted to move on too, so I threw in the towel so that Austria couldn't try to play Germany and us off against each other to sneak a win.
    v = {sx mod n : n,s∈N, n≥3, s<n, x∈Zn*, x≥y ∀y∈Zn*, sx mod n ≠ s}
    No no no no no
    No no no no no no no
    No no no no ...yes?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

I had no idea what I was doing if Im gonna be honest.
    "As a boy growing up in Hungary, there was only one club for me - Arsenal"- The Legendary Ferenc Puskas on a youth spent looking up to the greatest football team of the era... Herbert Chapman's Arsenal Football Club

May 15 2004: P 38 W 26 L 0 Unbeaten. Invincible.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Hang on, wait a minute, I didn't vote for a tie!

Europa Universalis 3

Quote Originally Posted by Taiisatai64 View Post
    Are you voting against a TIE?

Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Bagricula View Post
    Are you voting against a TIE?
    ...perhaps...

EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

...perhaps...
    Too late.
    And one day we will die and our ashes will fly from the aeroplane over the sea
    But for now we are young let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see......
    And victorious in war shall be made glorious in peace

...perhaps...
    Either you vote for the tie, or you vote to carry out the sent orders that would see you annexed and we get the A-G-T tie anyway. Your call.
    v = {sx mod n : n,s∈N, n≥3, s<n, x∈Zn*, x≥y ∀y∈Zn*, sx mod n ≠ s}
    No no no no no
    No no no no no no no
    No no no no ...yes?

Europa Universalis 3

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Kiwi View Post
    Either you vote for the tie, or you vote to carry out the sent orders that would see you annexed and we get the A-G-T tie anyway. Your call.
    Technically, it'd be spring so the Russian fleet could retreat to the Gulf of Bothnia to perhaps re-take St. Petersburg or conquer the Swedes...

...technique spins such fantasies.

I was going to vote for the tie anyway, don't worry about it

Europa Universalis 3Victoria 2500k club

Shuttling back and forth between work and that someone special...
    I was going to vote for the tie anyway, don't worry about it
    Gah...I'm emigrating to the US...
    Yankee Clerk
    Liberal
    Free Trade
    Laissez-Faire
    Pluralism
    Full Citizenship
    Pro-Military

Quote Originally Posted by TheExecuter View Post
    Gah...I'm emigrating to the US...
    I don't recall lifting your Siberian exile...

Europa Universalis 3Victoria 2500k club

Shuttling back and forth between work and that someone special...
    I don't recall lifting your Siberian exile...
    Nah, the Sultan did...he's the one in control of the Motherland now...

Just go back to your vodka, and dream of the good old days.
    Yankee Clerk
    Liberal
    Free Trade
    Laissez-Faire
    Pluralism
    Full Citizenship
    Pro-Military

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by seboden View Post
    We will never know.

Also: Good game, everybody.
    Thats funny because I thought you were going to launch Operation Sea Lion.
    "As a boy growing up in Hungary, there was only one club for me - Arsenal"- The Legendary Ferenc Puskas on a youth spent looking up to the greatest football team of the era... Herbert Chapman's Arsenal Football Club

May 15 2004: P 38 W 26 L 0 Unbeaten. Invincible.

Practitioner of "Calm Rage" joebthegreat's Avatar
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

You made it clear you would not be sending orders in any way. The vote for the tie is sent with orders.

I'm not going to delay a TIE because a civic disorder single SC country didn't send orders.
    Come play our most recent game of werewolf, or diplomacy
    Werewolf MICRO: Wolf: 1(1 wins) TOTAL: 1(1 wins) || GMed: 0(0 goodie wins/0 baddie wins)
    Werewolf LITE: Villager: 20(40 wins) Wolf: 11(33 wins) Seer: 2(4 wins) TOTAL: 33(66 wins) || GMed: 11100101(0 goodie wins/0 baddie wins)
    Werewolf BIG: Villager: 1(600 wins) Wolf: 600(1 wins) Cultist: 2(2 wins) Priest: 1(1 wins) Lover: 1*(1 wins) Thief: 1(1 wins) TOTAL: 20(1 wins) || GMed: 1(200 goodie wins/0 baddie wins)
    GRAND TOTAL: 2(0 wins) || GM TOTAL: 0(42 goodie wins/42 baddie wins)
    ----------
    Diplomacy: Great Britain: 0(0 wins) France: 0(0 wins) Germany: 0(0 wins) Austria: 0(0 wins) Italy: 1(0 wins) Russia: 0(0 wins) Turkey: 0(0 wins) TOTAL: 0(0 wins) || GMed: 1(0 wins/0 wins/0 wins/0 wins/0 wins/0 wins/0 wins)

"Quote" -Author

+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17 42 57 65 66 67 68 LastLast